Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My surgeon did not set any goal for me, so I set one for myself -- the higest range of 'Normal' BMI.

If your surgeon did not set any goal for you, did you set one for yourself? And what made you choose that number?

My surgeon never set a goal for me. At first, I had a goal of 170 because I felt it was realistic and I've always been told I'd be "sickly skinny" if I went too much lower. After some thought, I changed my goal to 150. Go big (or in this case, small ;)) or go home, am I right? It's a nice, even number and I'd be in the "normal" weight range instead of overweight at 170. I can't imagine myself at either weight, though. I've been overweight/obese since I was 9, so whenever I picture myself thin, I see my fat head on a stick figure!

I believe I will look and feel my best at 150. It'll give me about 10 pounds of wiggle room. I can't see myself being any lighter than that. I would also love to have my pants size be a single digit!

My surgeon never set a goal for me. At first, I had a goal of 170 because I felt it was realistic and I've always been told I'd be "sickly skinny" if I went too much lower. After some thought, I changed my goal to 150. Go big (or in this case, small ;)) or go home, am I right? It's a nice, even number and I'd be in the "normal" weight range instead of overweight at 170. I can't imagine myself at either weight, though. I've been overweight/obese since I was 9, so whenever I picture myself thin, I see my fat head on a stick figure!

I believe I will look and feel my best at 150. It'll give me about 10 pounds of wiggle room. I can't see myself being any lighter than that. I would also love to have my pants size be a single digit!

I had my goal as 143 lbs (65 kgs) initially - I didnt look for 'normal' BMI, I just thought 143 sounded reasonable since that was my weight during college (8 yrs ago).

But then I thought maybe I should have something even lower, so that even if I just make it to 143, I will still be happy :) 143 is still overweight for my height (5 feet exactly) but I think I will look and feel better at 143 than now.

To have a normal BMI I am supposed to be between 105-141, I can't ever remember being that weight. What I remember was that when I was 12 I was exactly 200 lbs. My surgeon didn't set a goal for me either, but I have always wanted to be 150, so that's my goal.

No surgeon goal, but my personal goal is 143-147 because that will put me smack in the middle of normal.

No goal for me either. So I decided to make my goal 150 lbs, which would still be overweight, but I felt like setting a goal I could reach. When I got to within 15 lbs of my goal, I reassessed and made my goal weight 140 which for me at 5"2 is still overweight but only just.

Same thing happened with me. My surgeon did not give me a goal. During my pre op appointments I saw 150.8, and found out that was the weight where I would be in the normal BMI range, so that became my goal...oh and I chose this goal, because I want to not only be happy, but as healthy as I could possibly be :)

I wasnt given a goal. I pick 170 out of the air (i was 220 at 16 an 2 inches shorter). I made 170 in dec, and decided id readjust to 160 since that would put me 4 lbs inside normal bmi. Im 158 now and shocked, amazed, and still cant call myself thin. Lol. U'll get there, stay focused eat clean and move move move.

my surgeon did not give me a goal.I was 65 kgs in college so i am setting a goal of 60kgs in 1 year post op.

sleeved on 14 feb 2012 wt 127 kgs . today my wt is 106 kgs.