Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A Little Good News In An Otherwise Terrible Few Weeks...

I'm sure some here already know that we had to lay my Mother in Law to rest a few days ago. It was probably one of the hardest moments of my life. Ugghhh... but there was a little silver lining to all of that too. My husbands family came together like never before, and they are some fantastic people. I love them, and I can't say I could've ever married into a more fine group.

Anyhow, just last week my Grandfather who is 88 years young suffered a major stroke as well this last weekend. However, he is doing magnificent!! In the first few hours the Doctors were telling us the next hours would be the most troubling and to be "prepared for the worst". It was scary.

My Grandfathers is an amazing man!! We've always had a special bond as I am his firstborn Grand Daughter and of course I look so much like my Gramma. :) They've been married for about 64 years now!! I love them sooo much!!! Together they have over 50 Grand/Great Children...

He served our country in WWII by flying fighter planes in Japan, and is even eligible for the Purple Heart. He refuses however, because as he puts it - it was the men who didn't make it back who are the real heroes. Again, amazing man he is.

I will have to post a picture for all of you to see them on their wedding day. They looked like celebrities!! They were and still are two of the most beautiful people I know.

Well, his prognosis wasn't the best. They said he probably would never even walk again, and he even fractured his right hip. Aww.. so sad! :(... but I don't cry for too long because not even a week later he was transferred out of the hospital to a physical therapy clinic. WOW!!! He's already taken a few steps (with help of course) but for someone who was expected to never again... My Grampa is a truly amazing individual. GOD has truly blessed him and my Gramma.

The last bit of good news is: regarding my echo test I took 2 Saturdays ago. I hadn't heard anything regarding it, so I called my Doctors office and the assistant told me the Dr didn't require any further follow up because all my tests came back in the normal range. HOORRAYYY!!! Sooo glad!! Even my blood panels came back excellent... though I do like to purchase a copy of those just to keep an eye on it.

So, all in all things are going better now. Thank you LORD for all YOUR Blessings!! And just when you wonder why things are looking so bleak and gray for the moment, your eyes are opened to new possibilities for your life. Always stay receptive to the lessons you are being taught. HE would never lead you astray. :)

*hugs*

Your grandfather sounds like an amazing man!! And, he's got an amazing granddaughter!! (((Irene)))

Sorry to hear about your mother in law and your grandpa!! But I'm glad he seems to be doing well, he sounds wonderful and like a fighter. Wonderful news on your tests, it's scary waiting to hear the results, so glad you finally heard back. You and you're family are amazing! :)

Wow re: your grandpop, they don't make them like that anymore. Sounds like a interesting guy to talk to. I am sure he has lots to teach.

Wonderull about your echo! glad everything checked out!

weight.png

sleeved 12-19-11

Sorry to hear about the loss and your grandpa, but great news that he is fighting so hard!

At last some good news for you... stay strong my friend, you and your family are doing us proud... hugs from across the pond xx

sorry about the bad, woohoo about the good. i lost my grandpa when he was 86. we were so close, he raised me. treasure every second you have with him. i would give almost anything to just have a minute more with my papa! i will pray that he has a speedy recovery....sometimes the doctors dont know what they are talking about...when my papa was 70 they told him he had 6 months to live.....he thought....um i dont think so! the more stubborn they are the better! :)

Sorry to hear of your loss. But you do also have some amazing news in the your Grandfather is progressing nicely. And finally, your test results...great news as well. Wonderful, just wonderful!

Praising God right along with you!

Thank you friends!! :)

Thank you JESUS! I'm glad you are good! And AMEN God is with you! When we are weak, HE IS STRONG! (((HUGS)))