Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My "large" Size Nsv

A very good friend and I were in a local mall and she was asking me what size I wore and I told her I really wasn't sure since I had no time to even try on clothes recently. We were just outside The 'PINK' section of Victoria's Secret and she looks around and pointed to the 'PINK' sweatshirts (if you aren't familiar Victoria Secret has a line of sweatshirts/tshirts/sleeper shorts, etc. Called PINK.) and she said "you can wear that in a large". I was just kinda laughing inside - she is super encouraging, and I just thought she was being pleasant. But then she takes me by the elbow, walks me over, gets a lime green 'think PINK' sweatshirt and says "go put this on". Not try it on or see how far, but a straight command to put it on. AWKWARD. I was just hoping she would not be embarassed when it did not fit...but it did.

I just stood there and looked and was like "what???". Then it sunk in, OMG I am wearing a LARGE from Victoria's Seceret...BALLS! lol.

I walked out and I wasn't a big girl in a big size, or a big girl in a too tight top. I was LARGE. The pretty little thing helping people out didn't do that Lane Bryant thing of over enthusiastic "that's soooo you". She looks up and goes oh, yes...that is a great color for you. That's it.

Later in Macy's she picked out a size 12 and size 14 in jeans (no size 16 in these) and told me "Go try them on. Neither will fit, BUT I really want to to understand how close you are getting to these sizes." I could pull the 12's up totally but no hope of buttoning them. The 14's I might could have buttoned except I really cannot deal with tight clothing! So I guess I am a size 16. We had to leave just after so I would not be late for school, so I still haven't tried on any new jeans - except for some 16's given to me by a co-worker. They fit!

Below is a pic of me in the sweatshirt. Yes I am aware the shorts are sagging but they are also about 4" too big in the waist!

2012 02 25 10.52.56 1

Great story, we all have those friends that seem to have more faith in us than we do. Congrats! Looking forward to reading more of your post.

Congratulations Pookeyism!!!! What a great NSV and what a great friend!!! Love the pic. You look awesome!!!! and sooooo happy!!! High five!!!

WOO HOO to you! I know that felt perfect inside! Congrats.

Celebrate your NSVI I am celebrating with you and God is watching over you. Now, take some time out from somewhere, and go have some fun and get

some jeans that fit! LOL :D

I LOVE THIS POST!!!!!!!!! I really really love it. Lately my 16 year old daughter has been wanting to go in Victoria's Secret to buy her bras etc. (This should probably concern me deeply as a Mom but denial is wonderful hahha)) Anyway, I had not been in a Victoria's Secret in years. And when I walked in one it smelled wonderful and it looked like a rainbow threw up everyhwere. It was so colorful. Really really pretty. Suddenly I remembered...oh yeah...i used to shop here...decades ago. I was thinking maybe one day...And now here you are posting this awesome awesome post. I just love it so much. And I love your friend for pulling you in and saying try it. Isn't it so weird how others see us as we do not see ourselves! They see us shrinking but we still see the big girl. Wow this makes me want to cry. Thank you so much for sharing it!!

I love VS. I was so shocked when my M blouse is a little big. I highly suggest you go back and buy the 14 pants because they will fit you any day now! LOL CONGRATS! ;)

YOU GO GIRL!!!!!!!

This is an awesome post. I had to laugh a little because right before my surgery I went into Victoria Secret and bought a Lrg Sweatshirt and a Lrg pair of "pink" sweatpants. The sweatshirt is now so baggy, and I am still working on the sweatpants being baggy. It was a great feeling though because I see so many girls wearing the Pink brand and I was always jealous because I couldn't fit into them, but now I can. AND so can YOU! It's an amazing feeling. Congratulations on ur succes and keep up the good work.

That is fantastic... And the color IS great on you!

Congrats! Cant wait until i get there! All these years walking by all the stores i would love to shop in! Ps. I love the sweatshirt & color!

Congratulation! You are doing great!

Sharon

What a wonderful testimony! Thank you for sharing!

LOVE IT! GREAT NSV! AND I WANT ONE OF THOSE TOO! Are they on sale yet, so expensive LOL!