Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Piercings?

lol...Alright..So my 23rd B-day is 08/08/06..I was thinking about getting my eye brow pierced?..and then i was thinking on 08/10/06 (my 1 year surgery anniversary) to get my tongue pierced..I need thoughts :) :)

Does anyone have anything pierced and did it hurt?

what are the rules after getting your tongue pierced? liquids for a week??

I am still iffy about the tongue one but its something i really want (isn't it a turn on for guys? :) )

What do you want to get pierced???

hehehe :)

Kristen

I had my tongue, eyebrow, and both nipples done back in the day..tongue didn't hurt to bad, but you do have to eat mushies for a day or so. (It does swell a little and you will talk a little funny) The eye brow is nothing, no pain what so ever. And I love the way they look. Unless you ENJOY GUT RENCHING PAIN, don't do the boobs. LOL

If you want my opinion do the eyebrow. The tongue is cool and all but it has its drawbacks. 1st you will always play with it and most like chip you teeth. I did.. 2nd It interfears with pleasing your man if you are into that. 3rd sometimes your tongue will swell for no reason so at least once a month I was talking funny..LOL

Ok gave my two cents.... I hope you have fun doing what you decide.

I had my belly button pierced about 8 years ago and it doesn't hurt at all. I also have one tattoo that I'm very proud of. Now, my 18 yr. old son, let's see. He has his tongue pierced, both ears, several times, 4 tattoo's and want's his NIPPLES pierced, please.

No, your belly button really doesn't hurt and he said his tongue didn't either. He talked a tad bit funny the first day, that's how I found out about it but he ate regularly. He now has his ears gauged with big ole holes. I love my belly button ring. Try it you'll like it.

I had my tongue pierced abput 3 yrs ago..It didn't hurt too bad..Had some swelling and talked funny for awhile...I also have my nose pierced and that hurt like CRAZY I've had that for 2 yrs...I am gonna get my eyebrow done soon..I also have 3 tattoos,1 on each ankle and 1 on the top of my left foot...

I have regular ear piercings- no big deal, but when I got my cartilage pierced it didn't hurt so bad when they did it, but it took a YEAR for it to finally heal so that I could sleep on that side! (speaking of which i need to go put that back in, they made me take it out for surgery)

I'm totally getting my bellybutton done when I'm skinnier.

OK, someone please tell me what the purpose of the tounge piercing is?

Is it just for sexual pleasure for your partner? If it is....he better get his done also. :)

I am a professional body piercer, have been doing it for 10 years. THe tongue is not really painful but can swell for upto 2 weeks. If you do soft foods, nothing hot or spicy for 4 or 5 days you will be fine. I reccomend peroxyl for cleaning, it is made by colgate and doesn't burn. The random swelling I have never experienced or know anyone else that has. I have a bigger guage barbell in my tongue and have never chipped my teeth. Adk for it to be pierced back a bit further and it is much less likely to chip teeth. Most people do it for the enhancement of oral sex, I'm not sure how it would get in the way. I know that if you suck on ice the barbell retains the cold for several mins, the same with heat. That can cause a different sensation. I say go for it, but if you are doing them that close together, ask if you will get a discount if you do them both the same day, it is less set-up and break down and less time overall. I always gave a slight discount for multiple piercings. Also I would start taking viatmin E, it helps the body to heal faster. If you have any questions feel free to ask either here or in a PM. ~Mandy

Aside from all the piercings in my ears I no longer use my nose is pierced, but long ago I stopped putting a tiny diamond in it (although it still goes in easily). My daughter has her tongue pierced, and aside from talking a little funny the first week or so, she does great with it, although she has to leave it out to go to work.

I don't recall my nose piercing hurting at all, but that was merely my experience.

The nose piercing will hurt a bit, and the eye on the side you get pierced will tear up, totally normal. Some people say they see a bright flash of white light, I say they are seeing God. (LOL) The tongue heals really fast and is back to normal in a week or so. I tell my clients that they can come back and I will help them change the jewlery, a good shop will always be willing to help change jewlery. You don't want to go though all that and then not be able to get the jewlery in before it closes over. Having someone there to help not only makes sure the jewlery gets back in but also that you know how it works. Also make sure they use single use needles, wear gloves and also work off of a clean covered surface. If they are unwilling to answer your questions, leave and go somewhere else. ~Mandy

Probably 8 years ago I had my nipples pierced and it just felt like a pinch and then a really really hot sensation. They were sore for about a week and then just really sensitive. I enjoyed having them pierced but wish I had went to someone that would have done it better. He pierced them wrong and the one nipple started shedding the skin and pushing the ring out. I had to take it out and I had the other one in for several years. Not sure why I decided to take it out. Just did. I still miss it to this day though. hehehe.

I have my 3 holes in each lobe one inside my left ear, my tongue, both my nipples and I had my nose when I was younger~

the most painful one(s) were my nipples..even they wern't bad.

I wanted to get my belly button done but was nervouse cause I'm well...big, and most people I SEE with them are skinny minis, however last Sunday my Bellydance teacher wore a outfit you could see herr belly and she had one and now I REALLY want one cause it looked nice!

Nana~

I have five ear piercings, my tongue, and two tattoos. One on my back and one on my foot.

I have about outgrown the tongue piercing...I am 30 now...and a Mom. My DH loves it and would REALLY miss it if it turned up missing. I have never played with it much, in fact, almost no one notices it and it is an 8G.

My teeth are great (use lucite balls if you are nervous about this), "oral" is enhanced, and the only swelling I ever had was in week one, about 5 years ago.

Ok, back in my wild and crazy days, to go with my "Deadly Nightshade" hair color I had my lip (corner of my mouth) pierced, my eyebrow pierced, my nose pierced, and ear cartiledge pierced. I did the lip & nose myself, or more correctly with friends. We bought the disposable piercing guns you could get at beauty supply houses (and now at your local mega store). The eyebrow & cartiledge was done professionally.

Eyebrow felt like a bee sting and it took about 2 hours for my eye to quit watering. I'm super sensitive around my eyes. I tear up just getting my eyebrows waxed.

Nose hurt like HELL. We shoved little pieces of potato up our noses to keep the posts from piercing through to the other side... but then couldn't figure out how to get the posts out of the potato. (Brilliant, eh?) So we had to really wiggle the posts around so we could get the potato out of our noses... hurt hurt hurt.

Cartiledge didn't hurt a bit, but I used EMLA since I'd heard it would hurt so much. :)

Lip hurt quite a bit. The gun only got it about 1/2 way through, so I had to just grin & near it and push it the last half. Not horrible, but hurt.

Within a year all piercings were removed. No infections, I just got tired of them. Definitely a phase. I really wanted to keep the cartiledge piercing, but it never would heal. Anytime I would touch it my ear would swell up like an ant hill. One night I took the earring out, thinking that might help, and come the next morning I couldn't get it back in so I figured oh well. To this day (we're talking 10 - 12 years ago) I still have black spots, front and back, where the stud went through. Tiny, and no one but me ever sees them, but still there.

I actually would like to get my nose pierced again, and wear a teeny tiny, tiny gold ball... tiny, tiny. I just remember how much it hurt before, and can't fully make up my mind to go through it again.

When a friend got her tongue pierced she was told cold liquid foods (I remember she ate a lot of popsicles and sorbet) for like 3 or 4 days, and to wash her mouth with mouthwash 6 times a day.

If you want to talk about painful piercings... I went with the guy I was dating at the time to get his Prince Albert. He almost, literally, passed out - and as soon as he came back to he chucked on the floor. I told him he was crazy, but he really wanted it. (He had the very tip of his wee-wee tattooed too, with little tribal designs).