Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Scale Doesnt Seem To Be Moving

Im 3 weeks post op and so far have dropped 18 pounds, which I am so stoked about,but it seems to stay at the same number for a week. Is that normal? Im eating mushies, natural applesauce,SF pudding, tiny amout of mashed potato,low fat cream Soups. Im following my surgeons rules....any insight guys?!

thanks!

Welcome to the infamous 3 week stall. I've been on mine now on week 4-5

There seems to be an infamous three week stall. I personally just hit it and it lasted 3.5 weeks. Many supporters here had warned me and although you expect it, it makes you doubt if the sleeve is going to work for you. Keep doing what you're suppose to and your body will adapt and before you know, you will start losing. Eat your Protein and lots of Fluid and you will be rewarded. We all lose at different rates. For me it seemed the stall started when I went from liquids to solids. As if my body was in starvation mode and held on to everything I put in my mouth, once it realizes that you will continue to feed it, it let's go of the choke hold. This was a very depressing time for me, one night I just let it go emotionally on this very site and the next day I had lost. Good luck to you...

My stall lasted for 2 1/2 weeks and I thought I was done. But then it started to move again and all is well.

As others have said, this is the 3 week stall. I totally know how you feel!! It does happen as your body tries to stabilize itself from the loss so far. It will pick up again!

Well atleast it didn't happen after 1 week like meeee. Although wiyh pre and post op I've lost 15, but the scale hasn't moved in 4 days and I'm only 10 days out :(

It's an unfortunate reality that the scale isn't going to go down every single day. Sometimes, it even goes up!

Everyone experiences this. The faster you get rid of the expectation to lose weight every time you step on the scale, the happier you'll be. It's a long journey to goal and the scale is an important part of the journey, even if it's an evil contraption that can ruin our entire day within seconds!

Stalls are normal - some last a week, some last months. Just keep doing the right things and you will get to goal. You aren't going to fail, you didn't waste your time or money and there's no reason to regret surgery. :)

~Cheri

@ Cheri Awesome advise! I am totally in my 3 week stall! The evil scale hasn't moved in 10 days-- only flucuated(sp) one or two pounds! I try so hard to get in my Water and protein! I never feel hungry but it takes forever to get anything dowm! I know this is going to work, I would just like it to work at little faster! I haven't felt like working out and I realized that if I get on that elliptical I would probablly get the scale moving!

Yeah, I had the three week stall and it lasted a couple of weeks. WIth my pattern of loss, I am now seeing that I can just expect to stall for a couple of weeks, lose 3-4 lbs in a hurry, and then stall again. So I think I just need to get used to it.

Yeah, I had the three week stall and it lasted a couple of weeks. WIth my pattern of loss, I am now seeing that I can just expect to stall for a couple of weeks, lose 3-4 lbs in a hurry, and then stall again. So I think I just need to get used to it.

This pattern seems to be starting for me too. I drop 3 to 4 lbs and then stay the same for a week. This whole thing requires a little patience and I am trying to learn how my body releases weight so I can recognize the pattern and not be concerned.

I'm at my 3 week stall as well. scale hasn't moved in 4 days BUT my clothes are getting baggy :). I know I need to increase my Water so working on that. And I finally started walking 2 miles a day. I know I was late on that, but better late than never!

My "3 week stall" lasted about 5 weeks!!! ARG!!! I thought my surgery was a failure, although, I was still loosing minimal inches. Then, all of a sudden, it started going down again!!! I realized that the weight at which I had stalled, was a weight that I had previously been at for a good period of time! Also, at 3 weeks out, your body is still trying to adjust to your new stomach size. Your body thinks you're trying to starve it & therefore, holds on to as fat as it possibly can! These stalls are quite normal! Keep doing what you're doing...you will be rewarded!!! :)