Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

One Week Out And Doing Great!

I had my surgery on Feb 9th and one week later...12 lbs gone...woo hoo! I am feeling pretty darn good , I wish I could go back to work. I am not used to being off work , it feels weird. I am wishing I could eat something but I am not hungry, I guess I just miss eating! Best wishes to everyone and thanks for all the support , it means a lot to read everyones success stories.

Congrats Kimmy! I had surgery on 9th too. You're doing great! I've only lost 4lbs since surgery. 3 of those were while I was in the hospital. I haven't lost anything in the last 5-6 days.

I miss eating too.

THAT'S WONDERFUL LADIES. I HAD MY SURGERY ON 2/9 ALSO, I HAVE LOST A TOTAL OF 6LBS SINCE SURGERY. I FIND MYSELF MAKING MYSELF EAT SOMETHING...WHICH IS DIFFERENT, BUT A GOOD DIFFERENT..LETS KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK LADIES :)

Thanks girls! You are both doing great too, keep up the good work. Keep in touch so we can be the encouragement we will need to each other.

That is GREAT! you are blessed to have a smooth recovery! Congrats!

Ok, I had my surgery on the 8th and feel crummy! What am I doing wrong?? Does it hurt when you guys take a lick of yogurt? Do you get heartburn and terrible gas? My incisions are now covered in hives, maybe my body is rejecting this surgery!! Also I have been mourning my bff food for the past 9 days : ( On the plus side I have lost 20 lbs since the surgery :)

Oh Meredit , I am sorry you feel crummy, I havent had any issues with gas or heartburn at all, guess I am lucky since that seems to be very common. I had a stomach of steel beforehand so maybe that helps. I was able to eat anything, love super hot/spicy foods, more than most. Incisions are starting to feel itchy since they are all healed pretty much, cant wait to get the staples out next Friday, btw, did any of you have staples on all your incisions as well? Thought it was kinda weird, sutures seemed like they would have worked. 20 lbs...that is awesome!!!! Keep up the good work and hopefully you will feel better soon. Are you on prescription acid reducer from the doc? I am and also on a gallstone preventative. Maybe call them if you arent and they can prescribe these to you. Take care and keep us posted Meredit!

Edited by kimmy*custis

I guess even though I ate like I had a stomach of steel before, I had a lot of GERD. My gerd is cured and now I have heartburn :( I don't have any staples, but my incisions were covered with glue. I also feel like I am going to pop a suture because all the rest of my fat is protruding out and then my incision is like dented in. What type of gallstone prevention are you one. I am super worried I am going to develop gallstones!

I am on Ursodiol for 6 months after surgery, standard policy. Also on prevasid for the same time frame. Were you on Lovenox injections? ( blood thinner to prevent clots) I had to give myself a shot twice a day for a week. Kinda weird but not so bad.