Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I feel sort of lost in this sleeve world, I started out trying to get the DS but because of my thyroid cancer I was told I could only get sleeved for right now. I started out at a pre op weight of 288 and I now weigh 251 , my surgery was Dec. 14th, I'm feeling not as successful because it will be 2 months and I haven't lost a lb since January 14th, has anyone else had this slow down is this normal? I don't eat sugar, fat, i throw up a lot due to stuff not staying down and I drink all day Water, milk and crystal light....I excercise for 1 hour a day and the weight is still not coming off..starting to feel like it might have been a mistake.

I have had a stall and it lasted 2-3 weeks with no weight loss but I am again losing. I am concerned as to why you are vomiting all the time. Wondering if you are eating things that are not agreeing with your new stomach or if you might be eating too fast or too much. If you could post again and let us know what you are eating at this point and how much maybe can be of more help to you. I hope that things improve for you soon and that your vomiting stops very very soon.

It sounds like you are one of those that hit the 3-4 week stall. Just keep following the directions of your dr. Get in as much Water and Protein as possible,and exercise. I'm concerned for you about the vomiting. You may want to call your dr about that. I know I have a hard time with eating too fast and that makes me nauseous.

As others have said, it sounds like you are in the normal stall pattern. IT SUCKS!!!!

I'm also concerned about the vomiting. That is not a normal issue with the sleeve. Have you talked with your surgeon? If not, you should do it soon.

Agree with the above, talk to your doctor soon. Vomiting is not good. I hope you feel better soon, and the doctor can help you with the vomiting. Stalls will happen, it should pick up again. Take it one day at a time.

It's annoying with the vomiting, the only thing that stays down is fish and popcorn, which is a weird combination. Nothing else agrees with me, I vomit everything else....It's like my body hates food...I try to drink all day but I drink a lot of milk like 4 glasses a day because sometimes Water even bothers me, the only way I can keep stuff down as far as liquids is that they have to be extremely cold, never room temperature. I did talk to my doctor, no real concise answer because I have no strictures at all...I'm trying to step up my cardio routines and work out more but I'm so tired from vomiting, and working out that I have no energy for anything else and I'm staying at this 251 weight which is upsetting me

You're hearing the right things here. Stalls stink and they do happen. I'll be honest, I don't know that at your weight you really even needed the DS. I think you'll be able to reach your goals with the VSG if you keep plugging along.

The vomiting is not normal. I'm sorry that your doctor isn't coming up with other ideas here! I developed lactose intolerance about six weeks out from surgery and didn't know it was the dairy making me nauseous all day long until I cut it out on someone else's suggestion. Is it possible for you to see someone else about this? Honestly - you HAVE to eat, and if you can't eat you can't expect to lose weight or be healthy.

If I had to guess I'd say that the shock of the surgery coupled with your absolute inability to eat a normal, balanced diet is what's got your body totally freaked out and scared to let go of any weight. If you weren't having issues with vomiting I'd tell you to keep plugging along, record your intake and make sure you're eating enough. Stalls are normal and I honestly stalled out so much I stopped considering them "stalls" and just part of my regular weight loss pattern. And I was a slow loser on top of that - if you average out my weight loss from start to finish post op I averaged just over six pounds a month. If you subtract the big drop in the first month and average out the remaining sixteen months I lost about five pounds a month. So while your results right now aren't what you want or think they should be, they aren't bad results, per se.

It's the vomiting that has me worried for you. I'd seek a second opinion and see if they can tie it to either a medication or something in your diet.

Best of luck to you. I hope this gets resolved soon.

~Cheri

absolutely its completely NORMAL to have a stall - I know its a daunting thing dealing with a thyroid issue, which I have let alone thyroid cancer - I hope that you're recovering well from that. Keep doing what you're doing, eat lean Proteins and stay away from carbs. Eat SLOW and take your time.

Best wishes!

Is anyone else doing slim fast or weight watchers? I am doing slim fast to help things along but I was thinking about jumping over to weight watchers to to see if that helps