Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Midnight Snack Anyone???/

My schedule is so off during the summer, but my band schedule has me off too.

I am too tight to eat in the morning. (May drink a Protein shake if I can.) Can not eat anything until around 12-1 pm. Then I can eat a small meal. When it gets around 4, I am hungry. So I eat "dinner".

Then feed the family, put them to bed, get online... and well... I'm hungry.

Find that I can eat a WHOLE LOT after 9 pm. And will drink a big cup of milk/water/V8/etc to try and solve the problem... but if that does not work, I eat.

Anyone else have the same issues? Any solutions?

Drink Water, go exercise, eat only something like yogurt or cottage cheese. Remember eating too close to bedtime may encourage nighttime reflux. You don't want this this early on/or ever. Don't stay up late - go to bed instead. ;)

Its 5 mins to 2 (am) here and I am fighting the urge to go into the kitchen! I know I need sleep but can't...and hubby fell off a 7ft ladder at work and is all banged up ......and I can here the chicken chimichanga calling my name....omg!

hey eat the chicken, you wont believe how you are after surgery

think you can eat NOOOOOOOOOOWAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

say GOODBYE only nibbles and liquid for the first couple weeks anyway!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:faint:

I typically have a bowl of bran flakes for my bedtime snack. Either the all bran flakes or the ones that look like chinchilla food. I like either sliced peaches or berries with it (and milk).

Hurray Fiber!

If you are hungry later at night, eat something light that won't sit in your pouch all night while you sleep, causing reflux and other problems...

I just responded to your questions about fill levels, and if you are having this kind of fluctuation throughout the day...having a bigger fill will only cause this to be more striking.

My best advice is to give yourself time to adjust to the band thing and get used to it's fickle little nature! It's so typical to have fluctuating restriction, but a tighter fill will make this even worse.

Learning how the band works for you is all part of the fun!

Are you getting excited about going to your new school?

I will have a cheese stick or a small amt of cottage cheese if I am absolutely starving and know I will not be able to sleep unless I get a bit of food in my belly :hungry: . Cheese has Protein and usually just a little bit is enough for my tummy to stop growling and get me thru to the morning. Just my 2 cents...

~Liz~

03/10/06

241/182/150ish

5'7''

Mousecrazy: I am VERY excited about my new job, my new band, my new HOUSE (we are building one while trying to sell another), and my new self-esteem. Lots of changes this summer!

Regarding fill levels and eating later in the day. That is my biggest concern. I can not eat in the mornings, but I can eat two burritos easy at night. That is why I think I need a fill. Something needs to be done.

Went to the doctor this morning, and he put me on new meds...Cymbalta. (Says that may help my back pain and "sexual side effects" that I was having on Effexor. Although, I do love Effexor...) But found out that I have lost 18 lbs! Yeah!

Really need to watch the midnight Snacks though... bet that number would be really high by now if I skipped the midnight ice cream...

My favorite late night snack is Peanut Butter. A spoonful will do it for me everytime. I need to go get one now actually because my stomach is actually growling and there is cheesecake in the fridge that my hubby bought. He says, just don't eat it, haha, like it's that easy. Well so far so good, but it's only been there a few hours. I need to go to bed and forget it even exists. So to answer is yes I can relate, can't eat Breakfast, lunch is snug but I can get down some food, dinner is perfect then late night hits and I feel wide open. I am nocturnal by nature.

My house has a security gate that seperates the bedrooms (and office) from the rest of the house. That gate has to be locked and the security system set for it to be closed at night. That means if I need to get to the kitchen, I have to set the security system for a different setting, unlock the padlock on the gate, go to the kitchen, leave kitchen, relock the lock on the gate, reset the security system. This is a great incentive to stay out of the kitchen at night!!!! Okay, so there are advantages to living in a guarded place.

Honestly, I have been trying to find a thread from last year. It was from a mexican dr who said the main meal of the day should be at noon. When you eat later in the day, it did something that made you tight in the morning. Then you started loosening up during the day and because you haven't eat, you eat late in the day and start the cycle over again. I know that when I reduced afternoon and evening eating, I was able to eat more in the morning. The problem is that I usually don't have an opportunity to eat during the day now. Celeste

My house has a security gate that seperates the bedrooms (and office) from the rest of the house. That gate has to be locked and the security system set for it to be closed at night. That means if I need to get to the kitchen, I have to set the security system for a different setting, unlock the padlock on the gate, go to the kitchen, leave kitchen, relock the lock on the gate, reset the security system. This is a great incentive to stay out of the kitchen at night!!!! Okay, so there are advantages to living in a guarded place.

Honestly, I have been trying to find a thread from last year. It was from a mexican dr who said the main meal of the day should be at noon. When you eat later in the day, it did something that made you tight in the morning. Then you started loosening up during the day and because you haven't eat, you eat late in the day and start the cycle over again. I know that when I reduced afternoon and evening eating, I was able to eat more in the morning. The problem is that I usually don't have an opportunity to eat during the day now. Celeste

I am not sure if this is what the Mexican doc meant but I do know that sometime around 8 or 9ish at night your body automatically starts to break down the food you have consumed...so if you still have food in your stomach then...it messes you up. I did not believe this when i was first told and questioned it...because I said well, what if you work the grave shift and your meal schedule is different than others...I was told it didn't matter...it went according to the moon...you know like how the tides affect us and Water...odd but true. (I became certified in Personal Training, Holistic Health and Sports Nutrition all in my Quest to be a better me. That is where I learned all this.) I know barametric pressure can play havoc on people ...so I guess it would make sense that the moons pull can do the same. Just food for thought.:)

Poodles.....did you just come off the Effexor? The withdrawal from that can be purdee hell! Maybe since he put you on another med to take its place it won't afffect you, but many people have a hard time with it. Just FYI in case you start having strange symptoms...things like electrical charges doing through your brain, nightmares, etc.

I'm always tight in the mornings.....I always drink a hot drink before I try to eat any Breakfast.

My meals are challenging because I work 12 hour night shifts. Therefore, on days off, I live like a "normal" person and on nights I work, I have to "alter" the meals. I do this by taking one measure cup of Cereal to work and have it at 3 AM with some skim milk. That a 2 cups of coffee during the shift keeps me from starving.

Yes off the Effexor onto Cymbalta. No nightmares yet... unless you count selling my house/moving...

After this last fill my ability to eat has gotten a little worse/better depends on how you look at it. Now, I am not hungry until around 3 pm... and then I only eat because I get dizzy. But seems around 8-midnight I can eat and want to eat...