Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ok Question About Calories

today is my 12 week surgiversary woohoo... I am down 72 lbs since I started my pre op diet... I am getting between 800-1000 calories in a day, every morning I have a pure Protein Bar for Breakfast, well everyone tells me I look sick, they say I have no color. I feel ok just a little tired. anyway they want me to eat more red meat, well my tummy doesnt like red meat, either that or tomatoe sauce, I have tried chili, lasagna, spaghetti, meatloaf everytime I get sicker then sick, would it be the red meat? or could it be the tomatoes from the red sauce? anyway I aint eating no more red meat but they all say the Protein from the bars is not the healthy kind... uggghhh Im eating to survive here and Im not much careing if I am pale... any suggestions from you experienced sleevers? is that too many calories? I feel like I eat like a pig but everyone keeps saying its not enough... uggghhh any help is appreciated..

Hi!

WOW what a loss you have so far! I hit my 50 lb loss at the 3 month mark, you are kicking butt!!! Good for you!!!

My doc told me not to focus as heavy on calories, focus more on hitting my protien goal each day and 84 oz of Water each day. I have a hard time with the water intake, but on days that I do hit that much water I am not hungry at all, so I know there is something to it!!!

If I can suggest any protien packed foods it would be fat free cottage cheese... that stuff is loaded with protien. I also love the cold imitation seafood (crab or lobster) that you can buy in grocery refrig section. I buy water packed tuna fish in the pouch (dont buy the canned stuff yuk!) and I have chicken/turkey/seafood every day for dinner! I still do either a protien shake or a Protein bar every morning instead of breakfast and my doc/nut hasnt said anything negative about my choices. I am happy with my loss so far and so is my doc. If it works for you and you are feeling healthy, that is all that matters! Make sure you are taking a good vitiman.

My doc runs an extensive blood panel every 3 months for his patients, so I had mine checked at the 3 mth, 6mth, 9mth and 1 yr mark... If you are deficient in anything the blood panel will turn it up...

Dont worry too much about the red meat - your goal is protien and you can get your protien in many ways other than red meat..

Good Luck!

You are doing extremely well with your weight loss, congrats!! I don't see a problem with the Protein bar as breakfast if it's not causing you to stall, and clearly it's not harming your weight loss efforts. Your calories look ok too. How many grams of Protein are you getting in per day? The Protein Bars usually have 20 or so. Also are you on a Multi-Vitamin with Iron? I don't see why you'd need the red meat except for the Iron content, if you prefer other meats and protein sources. Do you like chicken and does your sleeve tolerate it? What else are you eating through the day, please give me samples of your meals. I need tips from you with your weight loss! And then we can see if you're getting enough protein too.

:)

Honestly, I eat about 1500 calories per day, and am at 3 weeks two days.

I try to eat all healthy foods, but have had a piece of chocolate or two.

I am down nearly 30 lbs since surgery, and have yet to hit the three weeks stall.

I cant imagine the people who eat only 5-600 calories per day, and I'm sure they are staggered that I eat 1500.

Its a crazy world, and we are all different!

I am 6 months out and eat between 800-1000 cals/day. I keep my Protein above 75 grams, and I try to keep my carbs and fat both below 40-50 grams/day. I eat a TON of grilled chicken, I love red meat but sometimes it's too much fat and calories for my plan.