Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Could I Possibly Ever Weigh 130Lbs ?

I was sleeved on Jan 24th - started at 200 and as of today, I'm at 190 !!! The problem I'm having is - I cant imagine ever weighing my goal weight of 130 lbs. Did everyone else feel like this ? Is the weight loss & our personal determination really possible to shed that much weight ? It's amazing to me - I just cant picture myself thin ! Can any of you give me a monthly or weekly average of weight loss (yes, I understand we are all different - just curious )

Thanks !!!!!

You can always check tickers like mine--I know I was always curious about how fast/how much people were losing, and I always appreciated seeing it in tickers. :-) I have to say I had no idea I would ever really get below 200--I'm 6'2", mind you, and had been well over 250 for 20+ years. It's pretty cool--I just put on a pair of size 12 pants--12!!--down from a 26/28, so yeah, it's still kind of mind-boggling.

One interesting thing, though, is that I feel like this is "me." I never really felt comfortable in that fat suit--THIS is how I always sort of felt on the inside. The sleeve has really helped me match my outside to my inside.

Best wishes on your losses!! You're in the honeymoon stage, so make the most of it!

Thanks Meg. Thats unreal ! Congrats, how exciting. I've been overweight so long, I just cant picture a thin me. But like my doctor said..... If you could picture yourself thin, you wouldnt be here for the surgery. Very true.

I never thought that I'd be wearing a size 10 jeans! I haven't wore this size since junior high. I love it! In fact, I am working really hard to get down to 130 lbs also. My weight is hovering around 162.4 as of this morning. My ticker says 155.9 because that's were I was last week and I really hate to change it. LOL ;)

I thought I could never be 135lbs again. But with the sleeve my ideas have changed. I look back 8 weeks ago and am amazed at far I have come. I have even put my wedding picture back up and now think about how wonderful it will be to see that woman again. I was sleeved Dec 12,2011 weighting 337lbs and to date have lost 51lbs, Today I weight 286lbs, and am in size 24 pants down from 28's, 3X's instead of 5x's. I can now say that I love the woman I am returning to and feel healthier than I have in 11 years.

I keep a photo gallery (take new pic every week) to see how far I have shrunk since I can't seem to get the ticker on my post or blogs.

You can see my weekly weight loss in my ticker if you click on it and view historic data. I'm with Meg - I never felt like the fat me was the real me. But it does take some getting used to. I am still surprised by how small my clothes are. Yesterday I was looking for pants and I kept picking up the 14 and 16 size before I checked the label. I think that was my goal size for so long pre-op. Without the operation, that was my dream - to just get to a 14 so I could be healthier and shop in the regular department instead of the women's dept.

Looking forward to seeing your progress Char! I just tried on my wedding dress a few weeks ago. It felt so good to have it fit again!

Lynda

Hmmm, this is very interesting for me! Just to put a different slant on things...please tell me to shut up if I don't make sense!

I went into this surgery thinking that even 14lbs would be better than nothing (I am 19mths out now btw!)

... I have never lost more than 7lbs on any given diet at any given time... then, once I started to lose weight I too couldn't see myself at my ultimate goal of 13? - my surgeon's goal is 154 and I am 12lbs away and I still can't 'see' myself there... so, my point is, that if I can't SEE it, is that sunconsciously stopping me getting there? I have struggled to lose my weight, and I have had really down times...again, since the new year, I have been working on being more positive and focused on what I have ACHIEVED as apposed to what I haven't achieved as I did in the past. The to completely contradict myself, I have now started to think that I HAVE to make my surgeon's goal at least. I have started to think that getting my lil sleeve and spending a lot of money on it means that anything below goal is not good enough... I want to finish this job, to at least the first goal post.

I haven't lost a pound since Oct and as of the new year I have been tracking my food, going back to basics and staying under 1200 cals (95% of the time) and still no movement on the scales or in my clothes. I know I have to get in the zone mentally and I have been working on this too... don't get me wrong, I am better than I was a year ago; more confident in myself and in who I am but I still struggle to see that 72lb loss some days. Other days I don't recognise myself in the mirror as I look completely different. It is really weird.

I suppose what I am trying to say, is that if you can really believe in yourself, I feel, that you have a better chance of realising that goal, dream... whatever you want to call it!

Good luck on your weight loss journey... and I agree, we are all very different! =]

I started out at 206 lbs...had surgery August 15th 2011 and last Monday (my weekly weigh-in day) the scale read 136...so yes it's possible..very, very possible. :)

I've been thinking the same thing! My heaviest was 208-size 18WP (I'm 5'1"), day of surgery 192 on Dec 29th 2011, and now 5 weeks post-op 173-12P (no more W!). My goal is 130 too which I haven't seen since my college days of the mid 90's, I thought I was big then! Ha! I guess that was my body issues talking (which I'll always have, ya just gotta keep it in check). I know WE can do this. I still feel skeptical at times, but if you work it, it WILL work!

! Can any of you give me a monthly or weekly average of weight loss (yes, I understand we are all different - just curious )

By reading tons of tickers I came to the conclusion that an AVERAGE of 10 pounds a month is a reasonable expectation. I could be wrong, but that expectation has kept me sane and super happy with my loss.

I was sleeved on Jan 24th - started at 200 and as of today, I'm at 190 !!! The problem I'm having is - I cant imagine ever weighing my goal weight of 130 lbs. Did everyone else feel like this ? Is the weight loss & our personal determination really possible to shed that much weight ? It's amazing to me - I just cant picture myself thin ! Can any of you give me a monthly or weekly average of weight loss (yes, I understand we are all different - just curious )

Thanks !!!!!

I don't ever remember being 135# I was 428 and lost 128# on phentermine. Then wt started creeping up (lowest on drug was 285). Put myself on diet when planned surgery and went from 320 to 308. Surgery 12/5 @ 308 and have complained my way down to 261 as of this a.m. I've been overweight all my life except for 2 very brief periods when id lost 86# and 100 something the first time on Preludin. I think I kept it off for all of a week or two. If I ever reach goal of 155, I hope I stay there for more than 5 minutes. Its a weird feeling not having the 3d tummy when I lay down....

Its a weird feeling not having the 3d tummy when I lay down....

ok, I have to ask, whats the 3d tummy? :)

I am similar in it feeling imcomprehensible to be a normal weight, I've been big for soo soo long. But I can start to believe it more. With pre and post op weight loss combined, I'm down from 278 and a size 26 to now 219 and a size 18. I haven't been a size 18 since well before my oldest was born....and he's 13 years old. So its a little mindboggling.

Hi Monalisa,

Oh man....I was there with you in thinking....can I really get to my goal weight. i could only imagine it, but honestly never thought I'd make it. Such a big dream to be thin again. I started out at 196, so we were close in weight. I wanted this so bad......and it toook me 6 months, 10 days, and I DID IT!. My current weight is 121, size 2 jeans. it's kind of funny tho.....I still think of myself as "big" when I look in the mirror, i see some lose skin, makes me think i'm still fat. It's hard to wrap my mind around that, I'm wondering if I'll ever think in my mind that i'm thin.

My advise to you is....follow the diet, don't cheat, and you too will make it. it's a diet for life, not just once you reach goal.......I was under the impression once I reached goal, I could eat anything again......NOT TRUE...i still have to stick to high Protein foods, still get 70 to 90 grams Protein per day, plus 70 to 90 oz of Water. so....get used to it...lol, it's for life!

Best of luck to you, and congrats on getting sleeved! It's a amazing feeling.

I know what you mean, my lowest weight pre-sleeve since like age 12 was 145 (in the throes of an eating disorder), so when I hit 136, I couldn't believe it. The crazy thing is that as you lose weight, you realize that you had NO idea just how much extra weight you were carrying. I expected to hit 150 and be ripped to shreds, but then even at 136, there was definitely still weight I could lose and still remain healthy.

I got to 130 on Phetermine as well. but gained it all back plus. As you see I started out at 246. I'm close to the onesies. Heck yes you can do this because 130 is my goal too. I was a size 6 at 130. Surgeon says 110, but I looked anorexic at 110 and have to wear a size 2. My husband would be SO sad.