Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Is It The Infamous 3 Week Stall Or Is It 3 Weeks Of Stalling?

Ok friends. The last two weeks I have been disappointed with first a 2lb gain and then a 2lb loss. So I broke even. Now week three, still no loss. What is going on? I am only 5 weeks post op and since the second I stopped liquids and introduced food, I am at a stand still. I am no longer disappointed, but getting depressed.

I am watching people around me at work on weight watchers who are eating heartily and losing lots of weight week to week and I am the one who had major surgery and eat nothing in comparison and yet my scale doesn't move. I am doing everything right!

When can I expect weight loss? My Dr had set a goal of 6 lbs to lose before my next visit which is in 9 days. It isn't going to be possible. Has anyone else had this experience?????????

I am 4 weeks today and have been stalled for over a week. I am depressed, frustrated, worried, and anxious. I, too, had a 2 lb gain and loss.

I am 4 weeks today and have been stalled for over a week. I am depressed, frustrated, worried, and anxious. I, too, had a 2 lb gain and loss.

Thank you for writing. I will admit, I promised not to write about yet "another" stall since I have read many a posts about it. Yet when it happens to you and you are doing everything right, how can we NOT be disappointed. I realize I am on the lower BMI scale and shouldn't expect to see this 50lb loss in 5 weeks like I've read about, but a lb a week would even help. I am really worried that all the energy involved to get me to this point was in vain. I've only lost 8.5 lbs since surgery. I realize that is a great deal in 2 weeks, but , but, but.. I wish you the best of luck.. There seems to be so much success here, I want to be one of the successes.

Don't worry, you will lose wt. I stalled at about week two and didn't lose anything for almost three weeks then I suddenly dropped. I think there is a very good chance that you will meet your Dr's goal. When I was in my stall I just took a deep breath and kept reading all the posts on this forum to reassure myself that my experience was normal and I wouldn't be the only person on the planet who got sleeved and didn't lose wt!

Around the start of my third week I stalled for a little over two weeks. It was very frustrating. Then one morning I woke up and was down like 4 or 5 pounds. No worries- it will happen!

Ok friends. The last two weeks I have been disappointed with first a 2lb gain and then a 2lb loss. So I broke even. Now week three, still no loss. What is going on? I am only 5 weeks post op and since the second I stopped liquids and introduced food, I am at a stand still. I am no longer disappointed, but getting depressed.

I am watching people around me at work on weight watchers who are eating heartily and losing lots of weight week to week and I am the one who had major surgery and eat nothing in comparison and yet my scale doesn't move. I am doing everything right!

When can I expect weight loss? My Dr had set a goal of 6 lbs to lose before my next visit which is in 9 days. It isn't going to be possible. Has anyone else had this experience?????????

Some folks will experience their 3rd week stall for some time. The longest I've seen is 5 weeks long... that's if you're continuing to do all the right things. Just keep following along your path and one day you'll wake up to an excellent loss. I would suggest not weighing in for awhile, but whenever I do that I get ignored... ha!

My week three has been real slow too but I realized it was the week leading up to my cycle and I'd dropped again this morning a little. I wonder what my week four food list will be? my surgeon seems to be on the cautious side.

Y'all just hang in there and keep doing what you know you should be doing--water, Protein, walking! I posted back at my 3rd week that I just knew I was going to be the one person this surgery didn't work for, and----I was WRONG. I think you're going to be very pleased with your results--just keep doing what you know to do and try to be kind to yourself during this MOST frustrating time.

My weight loss has been VERY slow and in a pattern. I lose for about a week and then I stall for three. This has been ongoing since surgery. I have "only" lost 44 pounds since surgery day on September 12th and I have only lost two pounds since Christmas, which was five weeks ago. Be patient, it will happen and your body is just freaking out right now.

Good morning Diva... I honestly have been trying to only weigh myself once a week on Wednesdays, but feeling on the skinnier side yesterday, I decided to step on the scale one day early. Well that got me no where. Of course I am not at all sorry that I had the surgery, I have been a quick healer, eat very well for 5 weeks post op. Yesterday I had my typical Protein Drink for Breakfast, ISO Pure chocolate with 15 calories of Benefiber, a cup of coffee a couple hours later, 2 turkey meatballs for lunch which had been simmered in the crock pot with spaghetti sauce and topped with a little Parmesan cheese. Got busy at work and forgot to have a snack at 3, but sipped on my water bottle all day and sneaked in a cup of plain tea. Then for dinner I had 2oz of shrimp salad on 5 baked flat bread crackers with a slice of Havarti cheese. That along with the 40 calories for my Viactin and more Water was my day. I realize I am fortunate, I can eat anything, Have never been nauseous or thrown up. I sincerely think I do most everything correct. I feel better today, just had a moment of depression, that's why I stay in VST, someone always has kind words to pick you right back up and or make you feel that you're not alone in this process. Usually I hate that I even wrote something after I did. There are so many here that are truly having a tough time that my problem seems so minor in comparison. I have been sooooooooo fortunate to have had such a positive surgical experience. Thank you all for your replies and have a great day.

Some folks will experience their 3rd week stall for some time. The longest I've seen is 5 weeks long... that's if you're continuing to do all the right things. Just keep following along your path and one day you'll wake up to an excellent loss. I would suggest not weighing in for awhile, but whenever I do that I get ignored... ha!

PS ..I have to keep reminding myself that I have always struggled and had to work extra hard to lose every pound my entire life. I usually have to be a work out junkie and can't do that yet according to my Dr. I am also post menopausal, have hypothyroidism and I'm OLD. :-) I'm sure all that attributes to the slower loss. My issue is with nothing happening, I just worry I'll be the first sleever to never lose.

I'm 3 weeks out today and during my 2nd week I gained 3 lbs. I got so upset and hysterical that I decided to weigh myself only once per month! We all want the weight to disappear over night and that's just not going to happen. I feel amazing and my clothes are beginning to hang so I know I'm losing. I can't let the scale dictate my mood! I go for my one month check up on Feb. 9 and will find out how much I lost. Keep your head up, keep following the plan and it will drop off before you know it!

Hey, happy. You and I were sleeved on the same day, and I'm also going on 3 weeks with basically no scale movement--I've been losing and regaining the same pound every few days! It's really frustrating, even with the opportunity to read about other people's experiences at this stage.

I just went to the gym for the first time today and rode a stationary bike for 15 minutes, which exhausted me. I had planned to start my Couch to 5K program this week, but I'm going to have to work up to jogging.

I will say that I have more energy now that I'm eating solid foods again. The weakness I had in weeks 1-3 was awful.

So, all of that is just to say...things are getting better since surgery. It's just a slow train we're riding! Best of luck to you. I'm confident that we'll both see great results!

My week three has been real slow too but I realized it was the week leading up to my cycle and I'd dropped again this morning a little. I wonder what my week four food list will be? my surgeon seems to be on the cautious side.

At my two week follow up appointment I was given the ok to eat whatever I wanted with the exception of raw vegetables and steak. I was fortunate to NOT have to go through the mushie stage. I have had no issues with anything even Mexican spicy salsa has been fine. I hope you get to try what you like soon.

I'm 3 weeks out today and during my 2nd week I gained 3 lbs. I got so upset and hysterical that I decided to weigh myself only once per month! We all want the weight to disappear over night and that's just not going to happen. I feel amazing and my clothes are beginning to hang so I know I'm losing. I can't let the scale dictate my mood! I go for my one month check up on Feb. 9 and will find out how much I lost. Keep your head up, keep following the plan and it will drop off before you know it!

I too notice a difference in my clothes and people that haven't seen me in a little while notice that I've lost weight. Today my sister told me to throw my shirt away that I was wearing. It felt great on and roomy, but not huge. Historically I wear the same clothes even with a 40 lb swing, but I plan to dress diffently this time. My goal is to have this weight gone forever....