Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fill too tight?

I went in for a fill last Wednesday, my first one since end of April. She added about .5cc to the fill and I am up to 2.5. I can "feel" Water going down now and even fill it sit for a moment. I also tried to eat a bite of tuna salad today and I had a massive PB. Does it take time to get "used" to a fill? I'm pretty miserable right now.

Thanks in advance :bananapartyhat:

I went Wednesday also for a fill. The Water feels like a slow drain...just sitting there for a few seconds. You may have just PBed because of the swelling still. I can tell the swelling is going down for me already.

I know I swell for about four or five days after a fill because I have increased restriction that then tapers off. So your fill might settle, but I'd be onto it in another couple of days if it doesnt.

Make sure you are taking small bites and chewing really well.

I had a fill on Thursday, and I've only tried vegetable Soup and cottage cheese...the rest has been liquid. Take it easy, and if it's not better after a week, make sure you check on it.

Good luck!

Cindy

I went Wednesday also for a fill. The Water feels like a slow drain...just sitting there for a few seconds. You may have just PBed because of the swelling still. I can tell the swelling is going down for me al

eady.

what is PBed?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

PB stands for "Productive Burp" , which is caused when a person eats too fast or takes too big of a bite and the food comes back up because the stoma is blocked and it has nowhere to go. It is usually associated with a "golfball feeling" beforehand and is oftentimes controlled by simply letting the food pass and not taking another bite. If you have had a rough PB it is a good idea to go on liquids for the next meal or day if it was real bad b/c your stoma will be irritated and swollen.

~Liz~

03/10/06

241/181/150ish

5'7''

I have a hard time gauging this myself. For a few days I was wondering if I was too tight, was having lots of problems, but took it with a grain of salt since it was also TOM and I had recently flown. Had a really rough 2 weeks though. But I've now not had so much as a stick for over a week, so I think it was a combination of body changes due to TOM and travel, and me needing to pay even more attention to how I was eating. Once I really stopped and paid attention, I was doing a lot more "swallowing without thinking about it" than I should be, which was leading to swallowing a larger mouthful than I should at a time. I think this was probably 80% of the problem. Now when I PBed on soup... probably not the problem in that case. :(

Is it within 1 week pre/post TOM for you? If so, that could have a lot to do with it, as it's when we begin to hold/release the extra fluids.

Thoughts to remember about a PB is that it is very "individual" in that some food gets stuck in some people while others it won't. One of my close friends is banded and she eats very fast, we have the same fill but it doesn't affect her as it has me. She also eats breads, Pasta etc. I've had two throughout my band career. The first was due to a big bite, oops :( but yesterday I just couldn't see the reason. I ate less than a tsp. I'm doing liquids this week and will contact my doctor on Wed if I have another dreadful experience :) I've stayed completely away from bread/rice/pasta and breaded foods to try to avoid PB's. PB are definitely ugly!!

I totally understand about being too tight. But if you are so tight you can not drink you need to get an unfill.

I must drink something hot in the morning before I can even think about eating something... then I must take it REALLY slow. Had another PB today at 3:00 when I tried to eat my first bite of something. (Drink coffee, and Protein shake in mornings now.)