Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A Litte Discouraged...

OK, I KNOW I am being stupid here. The thing is, a long time ago, I used to not eat--like, a lot. And it worked. I lost a lot of weight, as you might imagine, very quickly. (Of course, said year and a half of not eating for days at a time screwed up my metabolism, I gained it all back plus a lot, and here I am.)

But today I am having an issue because the scale didn't move. I KNOW that I am being dumb, and surgery was only 10 days ago, but I keep seeing people who have lots tons of weight since surgery, and I feel like the scale should have moved at least a little today.

When this happens, I am always tempted to just not eat, but part of the whole surgery thing for me is that I don't have to and shouldn't do that, and I am NOT doing that. But I just want to know that I haven't messed anything up. Did anyone else stall in their second week?

Sigh. Thanks for reading.

Hi. I was sleeved on 1/17. Everyone's body is different. Addiitionally, we've just gong through major surgery and need time for the process to proceed. I feel it is very important to simply follow your bariatric center's recommendations. I am doing my best to get those six 4oz Protein meals in each day. A couple days I only got four of the 'protein' meals in, but did 6-8oz to make up for it. You do need nourishment. Walk, walk, walk and get the protein, Water and Vitamins in. You are doing great. Don't starve yourself. Don't go backwards, move forward, follow the plan, and reap the benefits.

I think there are a lot of different experiences.

After coming home from the hospital, I didn't lose anything for days. Then I lost, daily, for perhaps over a week. After that I stalled for about two weeks and was told to up my Protein intake! Now I am at six weeks out and I lose a few then stall for a week, which seems to be my pattern.

I think we shouldn't worry too much. It will happen, if we follow the program. Stalls are inevitable and certainly frustrating.

I'm so sorry to hear that you're having this difficulty! I've found since being sleeved (same day as you) that some days the scale moves, others it doesn't. I think it's probably perfectly normal. In fact, I know it is! I'm doing my best to only step on the scale every other day, so far it's working and it's been pretty easy! Just hang in there and keep doing what you've been doing - the scale will move!

I was sleeved on 1-23-12 and I am trying my best to stay away from the scale and just hope the weight will come off...I am following my docs program: walking 30-40 minutes a day, 70-80 oz of Fluid and getting at least 60g of Protein a day. I know there will be a stall just not worrying about that and trying to make sure I am doing my part... Good luck to you :)

I am sure that most if not all have gone through what you are going through...

My routine now is to weigh every monday morning...today I had a 3lb lost, last week it was 1.5...but I am not fretting...I recall getting frustrated when I couldnt budge off of 286...very frustrating...that was over 40lbs ago...it will happen!! Just stay true to the game plan!!

surgery date Oct 12, 2012

weight.png

I did too. For about three or four days. Everyone encouraged me to keep on that my body was healing. I then lost a couple of more pounds. So, keep doing what you are supposed to. It will work. AND, as one person on this site told me "Darlin, throw that scale away" . She sounded just like my Mama. I did not throw it away but I did quit weighing everyday.

Good luck to you !

OK, I KNOW I am being stupid here. The thing is, a long time ago, I used to not eat--like, a lot. And it worked. I lost a lot of weight, as you might imagine, very quickly. (Of course, said year and a half of not eating for days at a time screwed up my metabolism, I gained it all back plus a lot, and here I am.)

But today I am having an issue because the scale didn't move. I KNOW that I am being dumb, and surgery was only 10 days ago, but I keep seeing people who have lots tons of weight since surgery, and I feel like the scale should have moved at least a little today.

When this happens, I am always tempted to just not eat, but part of the whole surgery thing for me is that I don't have to and shouldn't do that, and I am NOT doing that. But I just want to know that I haven't messed anything up. Did anyone else stall in their second week?

Sigh. Thanks for reading.

It's been one day... darlin if you feel like a failure of one day the scale not moving then you seriously need to set that scale on fire. Get rid of it, hide or do something - you're going to drive yourself batty. There's going to be a lot of days like that, or heaven forbid days where your scale is going to go UP!! Don't do that to yourself.

If you really must weight daily, then come back to the realization that you're not and I repeat NOT going to lose weight every single day.

I did too. For about three or four days. Everyone encouraged me to keep on that my body was healing. I then lost a couple of more pounds. So, keep doing what you are supposed to. It will work. AND, as one person on this site told me "Darlin, throw that scale away" . She sounded just like my Mama. I did not throw it away but I did quit weighing everyday.

Good luck to you !

Twas probably me... LOL!! And I'm sooo okay with that!! ;)

HONEY LOOK HERE- I came home and had GAINED weight! Your all swollen and retaining all kinds of gas and fluids. Don't sweat it. Just walk as much as you can and sip on your Water and Protein. Once you *gross* all that gas out, that scale will move! DO NOT STARVE YOURSELF! When you don't eat then your body doesn't have the fuel it takes to BURN FAT! If you want to BURN THOSE FAT CELLS you HAVE TO EAT! You may not be able to take in all that they recommend that you take in, but you need some calories *those are like little power pellets* They give your body the heat energy it takes to function. GET MOVING! Then post again in a few weeks and tell us how great it feels and how you will never ever starve yourself :)

I weigh myself every morning but it doesn't affect my day. I don't let it play with my mind. Today is only the start of my 10th week and I have already experienced a 17 day stall (and other shorter ones), gone UP one pound a million times and stayed the same many mornings. I agree you need to throw away that scale or give it away to someone to hide and only give it back to you on a designated day. :-)

I'm stalled and have been for a few days but today I welcomed my little red friend so hopefully that'll help me drop a few more by Thursday - next weigh in with Dr!

Gosh, I just spoke to a friend that had an RnY one month before me. SHe saids that weight loss is going slow too. But she is losing. She doesn't weigh herself on a daily basis.

I know that I have been going through the same thing of weighing may self daily and becoming obsessed with it. Now I have the opinion of just putting the stupid scale away for awhile and not worry about it.

I like losing the inches anyways, but I'm not constantly measuring myself either. So, Let's get rid of the scale, eat by the rules of the sleeve, and have many happy days.

Let's not worry about being in stalls. This is all normal for our bodies and yes, the weight will come off. Just eat right and exercise. Mix it up! Keep our bodies quessing. I was much happy in the beginning when I didn't weigh myself. We are all doing great! :wink1:

Yep! I stalled in week 2 also! I didn't lose one pound, and I followed my orders for Water and protein! BUT...I know that I was losing inches. My jeans and shirts where all feeling loser. During that week is when I got my first compliment too "you are losing weight, aren't you?! You look great!" It's weird how we can lose inches but not weight. Hang in there! The scale will show it soon, just keep doing what you know you need to do! :)

I also stayed the same for 5 days in week two. It was my time of the month, so I didn't sweat it. Then I dropped 3 lbs overnight about 2 days into my cycle. I'm not going to let that little thing on the floor play head games with me. I am doing the right things and the weight will come off when it wants to.