Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just Got Some Bad News...i Need A Pick Me Up!

Sleeve 4 me,

I just saw this post. I am so sorry you are now facing this with your health. Thankfully, you have your walk with God and you know how to take charge and beat this thing.

God bless you - I too will keep you in my prayers.

Sandy

God will guide you through successfully!

I need some pick me up peeps! I feel sooooo bummed! I was at the doctors yesterday for some other issues and discussed a chest x ray result and found out that I have atherosclerosis. I know it's from being obese for over a decade and not eating right and not exercising. OBESITY KILLS! Even the lite weights as I've been told I was...I never thought I was.

I never had high blood pressure, diabetes, but I did however have elevated cholesterol levels, but because my good levels were always high they would always say that I was fine (ugh). So alas, with genetics, obesity and lack of exercise it's come to this (SIGH) :(

Well THANK GOD I'm no longer obese,I have a normal BMI. I had already determined this was the year of exercise for me And if this doesn't kick my butt off the couch I don't know what else will!!!

I am 44 yrs old and if I had not lost this weight I don't know how long I would have lasted. I am SOOOO THANKFUL to God for allowing me to have the sleeve which saved my life!!!!!

Hugs hugs hugs my dear friend!!! In my honest opinion you ALREADY HAVE started to change your outlook on exercise. I seen you just did a 5K, and if I recall correctly you would always be climbing Mt. Roubideaux (sp?)... you've already begun.

Do NOT let this get you down. You and I have very similar beliefs, and *I* believe GOD would NEVER give me something more than I can handle. ANYTHING he puts on my plate, I see it as a meal to feast - not one to waste. Get what I mean? Perhaps HE is telling you something?

Lotsa love!!! Now go out there and kick some booty!!

Sleeve4me - you are in my thoughts and prayers!

I have never been a lover of exercise - but the following ones are my favorites. 2012 is the year of exercise for me too.

lap swimming - I used to consistently get the most delightful endorphin rush every time after I lap swam for around 20 minutes. It would hit after I showered and was getting dressed. That rush made the swimming worth it. I wish I had a pool close now.

"spinning" on a bicycle - This was tough to be able to make a whole class, and I had to wear padded shorts and use a gel seat - BUT - it is the only exercise class that puts my butt back in the Zip code it used to be in. A great cardio workout. I bought a real spinning bike and have the DVD's I work out to.

working on a rowing machine - For some reason, I love to do this. I can turn my mind to other things and just do it, and not have to worrry that I am going to trip, fall or otherwise hurt myself. It works both the arms and legs and is a great cardio workout

working on an elliptical - I love this, too. I put on music with a beat that is good to move to - I swear you can almost dance on the thing. Or I listen to a new book on my ipod. The 30 minutes goes by pretty quick.

Zumba classes - The only "dance" class I have ever liked (sorry to all my previou aerobics instructors). It is really good to whittle the waist and hip area - not that you need to be smaller in those areas - you are beautifully tiny.

And, I had a personal trainer to teach me how to use the machines at the gym, and got to where I enjoyed that. I used to enjoy boxing drills with him, too. I may look into that again. It is harder than I ever thought it would be.

Good Luck to you.

Hey Sis... I'm praying for you... Believing with you!!! Love you!!!

Thank you all so much! I am feeling so much better! I know with God all things are possible, I'm not sure what He has in store for me, but I am willing and will continue to praise Him through this storm and will come out stronger than before...love you all.

This song totally ministered to me today:

Oh lady, I am so sorry you got this news, but I have no doubt in my mind you can fight this. Good luck, please keep us posted.

Sophia, YOU are one strong woman and in the end you WILL turn this around and everything is going to be ok. You already started by exercising! Just keep focused on that and eating the right nutritious foods! Everyone here loves you and is here for you if you need us for anything, even a shoulder to cry on. Stay positive and hold strong to your faith and you will come out on top! Hugs, Beth

Girlfriend! The challenges from life never cease! I am hearing lots of good things about eating your greens, flax,canola oil and walnuts...some of this fight can be tasty! I am having some health challenges right now too, and you remind me to de-stress and get on with it. Love abounds! Hugs to you.

Just saw this thread. I am sure this news was difficult to process and I am so sorry you have to deal with this.

The good news is that it will be so much easier for you to battle this now that you are at a healthy weight! A few years back my cholesterol started climbing a bit for the first time and I decided just to walk on the treadmill. After a few months of doing only that, my numbers improved drastically. Just find something you enjoy doing so that you will be able to stick with it.

I know you can beat this after all you have already accomplished!

Sleeve4me: Thank God you found out this information now rather when it's too late. I believe that this can be reversed (probably already has) by exercise, eating healthy, and some medication. I can visualize some really tiny little firemen going into your veins and diligently using their powerful hoses to start clearing out the atherosclerosis. This is a visualization exercise that can help clear out your veins. I have been using this to visualize my stalls being broken and removing my excess unwanted fat. I found out I had dropped 7 lbs. I am so sorry you have to go through this. but keep up the wonderful weight loss. ;)

Hi Sleeve4Me:

Just saw this thread and I want you to know I am thinking of you!

I hope you find an exercise you like. I enjoy walking with a group of friends, taking a couple of exercise classes at the gym (body pump and cardio sculpt) and working with a trainer for 30 minutes per week. I've been toying with the idea of getting a Wi, but I am not good about exercising on my own. Basically, if I don't do it with someone else at a scheduled time, I flake on it.

Lynda

Thank you my sleeve family! I am doing so much better today!!!! I appreciate all your support, it means the world to me...hugs!