Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any one in NW WA

Thanks Phyl 7 days

feeling very down here. I almost don't even want to write but I figure what can I lose. Encouragement would be good. Over the last 2 months I've gained 8 pounds. I'm so disgusted with myself. Yes of course I have excuses - I hurt my back and couldn't exercise, then I pulled a muscle in my leg the day I went back to exercising - so there went the exercise again. Excuses, excuses. Now that I'm better I feel like what's the point. others have lost a ton of weight and have written that they don't even exercise. I feel like maybe this is my lot in life. whoa is me!!! sorry to be such a downer. I just hate that I've slipped back into old thinking patterns. any words of advice would be greatly appreciated.

C'mon, girl!! Pick yourself up by your bootstraps and get goin' again!!

You can do it!

You know all the "stuff", just have to make a new start.

Look how far you've come. Even with your gain, you don't weigh what you did a year ago. It can be slow going sometimes. I belong to TOPS so I count that as my weekly weigh in. Yesterday they gave the "awards" for the month of May. I got a little red heart charm for my net loss for the month......

ONE HALF POUND!!

So, May was a very slow month for me.

But I've determined that JUNE will be better!

So, lets set a goal for June..

say 4 lb.... one lb a week??

How about it?

I can relate to the exercise problems because I have bad knees and I'm somewhat restricted in what I can do. We bought a Wii last month and I'm getting my exercise with that right now. I have the Wii Fit that just came out and I'm doing some balance exercises, strength training, etc. It's not real rigorous but it gets me out of my chair and it's fun. I know it's helping. So, do whatever you can do. Anything to get you off the couch an moving.

Thanks Phyl,

Ok - I'll do the challenge with you. You're right, I just need to re-focus. One day at a time for now.

Thanks for the encouragement.

Guest JuicyPrincess

I come telling you i have not yet been banded. But i can see that you have lost 60lbs so far...do you know what i would do to have lost 60 lbs. I have much more to lose then that but its still better then staying the same or even gaining.

The way i see all of this is like before you were banded, some of your friends (or just people) could eat a lot of crap and not exercise and still have a fab body, right. So now you have added this tool to help you and you have seen it suceed but it really needs you to work it. Some people have more sucess then others. Why...some its sheer determination, some have mastered their inner demons, some have really just changed how they think and feel about food and others....yep-its just better genetics. Some of us are naturally muscular, some people naturually bone thin, others are curvy.

But in all of this none the less you still have a goal...whose goal...your goal. What do you want and why? Now see it clearly in your head, feel it. Next KNOW YOU CAN DO THIS, BECAUSE YOU CAN. Then everytime you hear a negative thought IMMEDIATELY say "NO, that is not true I..."and fill it in with something positive. You love yourself and care about yourself or you wouldnt have had the surgery to begin with. You are strong and can do anything you decide to do. Will you fall sometimes YES, everyone who struggles with anything will fall sometimes. But you must pick yourself back off, laugh it off and dust your butt off and say "OK, back up". You cannot scold your talk badly to yourself because you messed up or what ever. You fall, its human nature...it doesnt make you the worst or laziest or what ever...it makes you a human woman.

Its unfortuante but true that others will do this better or faster, but the thing is you are not in competition with them, you are not in competition at all (unless your an athelte). You are in this for the LONG HAUL, you are in this to be the best you that YOU CAN BE.

If you need to revamp, fine but this is all about you and you must not give up on yourself..."I Will NOT GIVE UP OIN MYSELF, I AM WORTHY, I DESERVE MY VERY BEST". And know that is good enough.

much love!!!

from-the rookie in training (not yet banded):thumbup:

Dawn, first of all, call your doctor, you may need to have a fill. you need to get a grip..don't count yourself a drop-out. just pick yourself up and get back on the program..monitor what goes into your mouth and do sitting exercises.. you can do weights and isometric exercises.. you "Can Do It" do you go to a support group? they make a lot of difference in how you succeed. we are here to help too.. we have faith in you.. where are you located? maybe if you are close enoug we can meet and talk it over.. Carol in Federal Way

Hello everyone! I am having surgery in 2 weeks from today!!! I can hardly wait! I started my Clear Liquids today. I found out yesterday that I will also have to continue it 4 weeks post op. Which I think will be easier than now, only b/c I will have restriction then. Either way it is well worth it. Did I mention I am excited!!!

shome...

Welcome and congrats!

I've got some good news and some bad news. Let's just get the bad news out there. You may not have restriction right after surgery. I didn't have any restriction until my 3rd fill, and am doing really well with my 4th fill (which was in November). Most of the bandsters I've talked with are similar, though many feel some restriction with thier 1st fill. I know I'm sounding like a downer, but there is good news too. I have talked to bansters who NEVER feel hunger from the day of surgery, I'm so jealous of them, but they really, from the day of surgury don't ever feel hungry. The really good news is that these 1st couple days are the worst, and once you get through them your hunger REALLY decreases dramatically. So, while you may not have restriction after surgery, it will get better, and in just a couple days, so hang in there!

It's worth every bit of effort you put in. You will NOT regret getting banded!

Sue

I am 28 days out from surgery. So far I have lost 40 pounds, including my pre-op diet. I am losing about 2-3 pounds per week. I am scheduled for my first fill on the 17th of June.

5 days to go Yes I am nervous I want it to work

Edited by Dino

5 days to go Yes I am nervous I want it to work

Don't be nervous. It'll be fine. You're going to do great. It WILL work, but you have to work with it!

[/url]

I havent posted in awhile and thought I'd check in. Im in Kent and had my surgery done by Dr Srikanth in Federal Way. I just passed the 7 month mark of being banded and still loving it. 54 down and still counting. I hit my sweet spot at 7.2ccs a couple months ago and will probably get more added the end of June when I go in for labs and check up. How's everyone else doing?

Thats what I keep hearing

Dawn- don't be down on yourself for the last 2 months I only lost 2 lbs-meaning gaining/losing the same 2 lbs- I totally had to re-evaluate. Keep your spirits up-you have only 33 lbs to lose that is a great accomplishment. Just start afresh. Don't fret about the gain. It happens.Plus, Dr. Srikanth said the average loss of excess weight is 65% and you have reached this goal-you will continue to lose-don't stress about it.

I havent posted in awhile and thought I'd check in. Im in Kent and had my surgery done by Dr Srikanth in Federal Way. I just passed the 7 month mark of being banded and still loving it. 54 down and still counting. I hit my sweet spot at 7.2ccs a couple months ago and will probably get more added the end of June when I go in for labs and check up. How's everyone else doing?
Dawn- don't be down on yourself for the last 2 months I only lost 2 lbs-meaning gaining/losing the same 2 lbs- I totally had to re-evaluate. Keep your spirits up-you have only 33 lbs to lose that is a great accomplishment. Just start afresh. Don't fret about the gain. It happens.Plus, Dr. Srikanth said the average loss of excess weight is 65% and you have reached this goal-you will continue to lose-don't stress about it.

Hey there ladies I will have mine done at St. Frances too! June 17th. I can hardly wait!! Dr. Oh will do mine, I have heard nothing but good things about him. I am so excited. I am down 29.8 lbs since my 1st consultation with him on April 9th!!!! :biggrin2:

Thanks Stacy - you're right. I have to just start again (so to speak). Try to make good choices each day and be happy with a 1/2 pound loss a week - if that. I guess it hard because it was so easy at first. I "knew" in my head that it wouldn't stay that way. I have to keep telling myself that this is a tool, not a fix.

Feeling pretty good today and I have started exercising again. If I can lose 10 pounds in next 2 - 2.5 months I'll be really happy. small goals for now.