Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any one in NW WA

Hey Sue! So glad you're back! Missed you! Give yourself a little grace, princess......you're still doing fabulously and you will get back on track. This is LIFE. EVERYBODY eats bad away from home. Even naturally skinny people. You will NOT gain it all back. i promise! We have the solution for life!!!!! Thank GOD! AND, by the way, you look AWESOME!

I really do feel fine. I was out and about with Dave today....took in a movie....went to Target with Becca. There doesn't seem to be any physical injury. The car, however, is probably going to be totaled (Dave thinks). It's pretty messed up. Oh well. Didn't really like his car....not sporty enough.

I ITCH like crazy. Can't sleep tonite! The whole darn incision is itchy...PLUS my upper stomach. Very cute. NOT! It really looks good, though! All the stitches are internal, so there is just a thin line. I'm pretty happy about that. Still some swelling, which is to be expected.

OK here's the deal. I bought size 8 pants the other day and now I think they are TOO BIG. Stroking out, here. I WAS going to ask my husband for a felting maching for my birthday and mothers day....BUT! Now I'm thinking of asking for some botox and filler for my face .....am I getting awfully vain?

Merrillee

Size 8 too BIG!!!!

I can't wait to see you!!!

Thanks for the encouragement. The part that scares me is how out of control I feel when I start "binging". Reminds me that I really am a food adict, I don't like to admit that I don't have the strength to handle this on my own. I like to think I am a strong person, and it makes me feel weak. Oh well...my name is Sue and I AM a food adict...and I'm dealing with it and my band is just ONE of my tools!

Sue

Hi to all the other WA bandsters. I'm in Seattle, WA and will be having my surgery @ NWWLS on Thursday, 4/17. (Counting down the hours!)

Best wishes to everyone on this journey!

hey neatobandito, i'm in seattle too, was banded on 3/25 in mexico as a self pay, good luck to you on the begining of your journey!!

Hi to all the other WA bandsters. I'm in Seattle, WA and will be having my surgery @ NWWLS on Thursday, 4/17. (Counting down the hours!)

Best wishes to everyone on this journey!

Cool -- were you at support group last night? Wonder if we saw each other! :biggrin: If not, we NWWLS-ers should hook up next month. (or are you planning to go to the Thurs one? That's during work for me so hard to get away).

You're in good hands on Thurs -- pop in and let us know how you're doing once you're up & about!

tarrn13 - Congrats, and thank you!

MollyMolly - I haven't attended a support group yet, but definitely plan to start going. (Most likely the evening one, due to scheduling conflicts with the earlier times.) I'm all for getting to know more local bandsters, however, so we may just have to set something up. I'll definitely update with how I'm doing after my surgery on Thursday. Thanks for the kind words! :biggrin:

Hi All,

My last post was a diatribe about age discrimination under Medicare and by the various clinics in the PNW area. Well, guess what. With the help of some very nice people in California, my LapBand was arranged at Harper University Hospital in Detroit for last Wednesday. My doctor was Dr. Gazayerli who actually invented some of the instruments used in laparoscopic surgery. How lucky can you get.

It was a cake-walk. The worst part of the whole deal was the darned airplane ride on NorthWest to and from Detroit.

Now, for the trip down to 205...

Hi All,

My last post was a diatribe about age discrimination under Medicare and by the various clinics in the PNW area. Well, guess what. With the help of some very nice people in California, my Lap Band was arranged at Harper University Hospital in Detroit for last Wednesday. My doctor was Dr. Gazayerli who actually invented some of the instruments used in laparoscopic surgery. How lucky can you get.

It was a cake-walk. The worst part of the whole deal was the darned airplane ride on NorthWest to and from Detroit.

Now, for the trip down to 205...

Congratulations, Chuck! Glad it all finally worked out for you! You're on your way now!!

15_8_6.gif

Hey Tarn.... who banded you in Mexico? Where are you in WA State? I am in Everett, WA and will be banded 5/27/08 by Dr. Kuri.

Kammi

Hello! This week at the Gig Harbor WLS Support Group we have a special guest! Alexandria Murallo, M.A., a Clinical Psychology Doctoral student from SPU. She is doing a study of Weight Loss Surgery patients and the experiences we go through for her Doctoral Dissertation. She plans on treating bariatric patients exclusively, and wants to help us in whatever way she can. SO, bring all the heavy duty psychological questions you can think of and join us for a fantastic night! We meet from 6:30 to 8:00 pm at Borders books in the Cafe. 4601 Point Fosdick Dr. NW, Gig Harbor, WA 98335 For more info please call 253-265-2276

Hey all you Tacoma Area People...

Don't forget St Joe's support group tonight!

See you there!!!

Sue

Mer...Sounds great, I know I have a few "issues"

If anyone in the Wa. area is looking for a fill, here is some info for you. You can go to their website and make appts. for a fill if you are interested. They are really good and very nice ladies. Here is the site:

Northwest Fill Management providing affordable lap-band fills for weight loss surgery patients.

EASTERN WASHINGTON

May 30th Moses Lake – location TBA

May 31st Spokane – Back to the Garden Counseling

Cost - $175 due to increased gas prices

There must be 10-15 people per location, or trip will be canceled.

Edited by LisaLynelle

I haven't been banded yet, but Northwest Fill Management is based about 10-15 milies from my home, I feel truly lucky! I know they travel around providing fills for other areas of WA State... I have heard wonderful things and look forward to meeting Robin and Kitty soon. I have talked to Kitty on the phone and we hope to have Kitty and/or Robin talk at our support group in the near future. I am glad they are coming to a location near you!

Kammi in Everett, WA

soon to be banded 5/27/08

Dr. Kuri - Mexico

BMI 52

Hi everyone.

I was banded on 2.15.08, and since then I've lost 26lbs (yippie)!! In the last 10 days I have not lost anything and am now feeling like a looser - and getting discouraged. For some reason, when I loose weight every week, I feel so good about myself, and it really helps me keep going, doing what I"m supposed to be doing and eating ALL the right things and not eating much. I'm slipping a little and need some support.

I've had one fill - 1.6cc's. I noticed about 4 days into it that I was having a hard time drinking liquids, so I had .6cc's removed. I felt great. I was able to eat my small meals, drink lots of Water, etc. I never really felt 'full' when I was done with my small meal, but I was no longer hungry, so I was following that cue. Now I'm having a harder time following that cue, so I think it might be time for a little bit of a fill....just a guess.

Since my fill/unfill I've lost 11lbs. My fill was on March 31st. The unfill was about 5 days later. But for the last 10 days I've stayed the same. Do you think I need a fill?

I could use some words of encouragement, and some inspiration. I'm not making great choices the last week, and I know I should be. I never expected to get so down on myself when I didn't see the scale going down every week. While I still can't eat as much as I used to, I am eating a bit more and not making great choices.

Thanks for reading and anything you can contribute - personal experiences, words of wisdom, support, inspiration, etc.

Much Peace and Good Luck to Us All!

Maggie

I haven't been banded yet, but Northwest Fill Management is based about 10-15 milies from my home, I feel truly lucky! I know they travel around providing fills for other areas of WA State... I have heard wonderful things and look forward to meeting Robin and Kitty soon. I have talked to Kitty on the phone and we hope to have Kitty and/or Robin talk at our support group in the near future. I am glad they are coming to a location near you!

Kammi in Everett, WA

soon to be banded 5/27/08

Dr. Kuri - Mexico

BMI 52

Kammi,

Hope to have an update from you soon.

Trusting everything went well!

Hi everyone.

I was banded on 2.15.08, and since then I've lost 26lbs (yippie)!! In the last 10 days I have not lost anything and am now feeling like a looser - and getting discouraged. For some reason, when I loose weight every week, I feel so good about myself, and it really helps me keep going, doing what I"m supposed to be doing and eating ALL the right things and not eating much. I'm slipping a little and need some support.

I've had one fill - 1.6cc's. I noticed about 4 days into it that I was having a hard time drinking liquids, so I had .6cc's removed. I felt great. I was able to eat my small meals, drink lots of Water, etc. I never really felt 'full' when I was done with my small meal, but I was no longer hungry, so I was following that cue. Now I'm having a harder time following that cue, so I think it might be time for a little bit of a fill....just a guess.

Since my fill/unfill I've lost 11lbs. My fill was on March 31st. The unfill was about 5 days later. But for the last 10 days I've stayed the same. Do you think I need a fill?

I could use some words of encouragement, and some inspiration. I'm not making great choices the last week, and I know I should be. I never expected to get so down on myself when I didn't see the scale going down every week. While I still can't eat as much as I used to, I am eating a bit more and not making great choices.

Thanks for reading and anything you can contribute - personal experiences, words of wisdom, support, inspiration, etc.

Much Peace and Good Luck to Us All!

Maggie

Maggie,

Yes, you may need another fill. If your weight loss stalls for several weeks, if you are getting hungry between meals, if you are able to eat more than you think you should be, then you probably need a fill.

HOWEVER, DO NOT get discouraged. There are times when your weight loss is just going to be slow. I think you said 11 lb in one month.. that is FANTASTIC!! I seem to have a tendency to lose very small amounts for sometimes several weeks and then all of a sudden drop 5 lb in one week.

Of course, following the "bandster rules" is important, as is getting some exercise. And IT IS IMPORTANT TO MAKE GOOD CHOICES!!