Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

3 Months Out--What Life Is Like For Me

The day I decided to have surgery I weighed 286lbs. The day of surgery I was 274.

Today it is a little over 3 months out and I am at 224. 62 lbs GONE in three months!

I am very fortunate to have a tolerant sleeve. I eat very normally! Sweets make me feel gross, so I eat MUCH LESS sweet stuff than I used to. But I can eat part of a cookie if I want. For lunch today I at about half of a kids chicken tender meal (1.5 tenders) with gravy from Whataburger. French fries make me feel full before I have a chance to eat any Protein, so I usually eat only three french fries. Other than that, I eat what my family eats. Last night was grilled chicken, mashed potatoes, and corn. I ate 1/2 a small breast, 3 tbsp of potatoes and two bites of corn.

It's awesome. I feel great, am getting compliments left and right, and am needing to buy new clothes every month or so. Now I'm in a 16 bottom and XL top.

Congrats! I can't wait to be there!!

Congrats! Love being able to eat from my hubby's plate. I eat a few bites of Protein first then some potato and veggies. YUM YUM! Keep up the hard work! Rock that sleeve! Have you had any stalls?

find it odd you guys eating potato and corn... usually from every ones's diet/NUT first thing they say is to stay away from those, only tolerated carbs are from Beans, veggies and whole wheat (fiber one bread/cereal). And AnnAC I would get my Proteins in before eating anything else, always get those proteins in first lol

Hey congratulations! Sounds like you're well on your way to normal. :-) Keep rocking that sleeve!!

find it odd you guys eating potato and corn... usually from every ones's diet/NUT first thing they say is to stay away from those, only tolerated carbs are from Beans, veggies and whole wheat (fiber one bread/cereal). And AnnAC I would get my Proteins in before eating anything else, always get those proteins in first lol

Actually, everyone's surgeon and NUTs have different guidelines, and not all of them believe that carbs are evil. Most believe in a more realistic approach: Protein first then GOOD carbs if there is room . This surgery is supposed to help us live a normal healthy life, and good carbs are a part of a balanced diet. I eat low carb 90% of the time, moderation is the key.

Actually, everyone's surgeon and NUTs have different guidelines, and not all of them believe that carbs are evil. Most believe in a more realistic approach: Protein first then GOOD carbs if there is room . This surgery is supposed to help us live a normal healthy life, and good carbs are a part of a balanced diet. I eat low carb 90% of the time, moderation is the key.

Yes but potato and corn is bad carb. Carb turns into sugar which is why I know most of them tell us stay away from it apart from it being to binding for our small pouch. And another thing about carbs, once we eat them, we can lose total control in them, carb crave is our enemy b/c once that crave starts it ain't good.

My NUT and surgeon said if I feel like eating potato, rice, white bread, Pasta to do so but to understand for maximum weight loss to stay away from them.

My NUT and surgeon said if I feel like eating potato, rice, white bread, Pasta to do so but to understand for maximum weight loss to stay away from them.

I've not had any simple carbs since before surgery 12/5. I fully believe that if I touch one, I'll completely go haywire and be unable ever to lose another ounce. I've become carbaphobic. Thanks for pointing out that eating two starchy carbs is poison.

I've not had any simple carbs since before surgery 12/5. I fully believe that if I touch one, I'll completely go haywire and be unable ever to lose another ounce. I've become carbaphobic. Thanks for pointing out that eating two starchy carbs is poison.

Exactly what my surgeon and nut said can happen. Carb crave is irresistibly hard to control.

Exactly what my surgeon and nut said can happen. Carb crave is irresistibly hard to control.

At the same time, maybe there are vsg people who aren't carbaholics? U think????

At the same time, maybe there are vsg people who aren't carbaholics? U think????

I can't say yes or no to that. Going by what I got told and mostly what I read in this site is what I'm saying.

I'm 5 months out and 20 pounds from goal and I eat carbs everyday. 100 or more

I'm 5 months out and 20 pounds from goal and I eat carbs everyday. 100 or more

What sort of carbs do u eat?

What sort of carbs do u eat?

Lots of veggies and fruit. But I also have a regular 2% vanilla Latte everyday (not sugar free), I have a slice of toast a few days a week and like 12 chips a few days a week, and like 8 fries when I go out with friends.

Lots of veggies and fruit. But I also have a regular 2% vanilla Latte everyday (not sugar free), I have a slice of toast a few days a week and like 12 chips a few days a week, and like 8 fries when I go out with friends.

Well veggies and Beans are the "good" carbs, but I also have a few wheat thins once a week and/or a slice of Fiber one bread a week.