Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Definitely Regret Surgery.... So Far!

i actually made it through the night without throwing up!!! i woke up and my tv was still on and some preacher happened to be on & all i heard him say was "if u want to be healed, put your hand out & say..." & i did!!! lol. i did have extra saliva in my mouth & when i swallowed it & kept swallowing, i did gag. thats it. i ended up falling back asleep til now. im up & not feeling nauseous but do feel the acid when i burp. i think when i get up to brush my teeth, i may throw up. :/ & i never took reglan last night as they say u should before bed. i wanted to see if i would make it without it.

i hate to discourage people but im glad u second guessed it. make sure u exhaust all options a billion times over before having WLS!!! it should be truly a last resort. i wish i could press an off button to undo what i have done.

well thank goodness your doctors can care for you! hope this is all over soon.

i was thinking of having a vsg, but after reading this, lol, i think i'm gonna try to lose my weight naturally. i couldn't handle a complication. thank you for telling the truth about how awful this surgery is!

thank you for telling the truth about how awful this surgery is!

I can't help but feel compelled to comment on this. Truth is an interesting concept, because each and every one of us will have our own truth. I think that the truth most members of this forum live is that this surgery has changed their lives for the better and they would do it again in an instant.

Ja's truth is scary to read about for sure, but the risk of these things happening are SO LOW. You are more likely to suffer severe complications from obesity than you are from this surgery. I certainly don't want to minimize what Ja is going through, because it's seriously awful stuff- but please keep in mind that she's not telling the 'truth about how awful this surgery is".... she's just telling her story of complications that are quite rare.

I hope that you spend more time reading this forum and see how many wonderful success stories are here of people who are so happy with their results in order to make a more balanced decision.

this is verrrrry true! the only reason i got this surgery is because i did tons and tons and tons of research! 85% of the ppl say they would do it again! i watched over a billion youtube videos & read blogs & lived on here day & night. 1,000s of hours of research. no one couldve changed my mind!!! but something i didnt have was the opportunity to talk to someone going through complications. i talked to ppl who survived complications but never anyone going through it!

maybe in a year, ill be happy i did this! when the feeling of hate & betrayal (not exactly who or what betrayed me but it describes the feeling) subsides, maybe ill recommend it & say its just hard and strap urself in because its a long ride! but right now, im telling EVERYONE to run. my friend is having surgery in a few weeks & i had to tell her that i feel bad as a friend telling her not to have but id be worse of a friend if i told her i agreed with her having it! i feel so bad for her. i pray she comes out better than i.

it also depends on surgeons & their methods. i have afriend who is a billion times worse than me. shes about 12 weeks out & has been in the hospital for about a month now & has many complications from a leak to infections & so on! its horrible! now she.... has it bad!

so like the name of this post says, "i definitely regret surgery.... SO FAR" so far is the 2key words. i dont know what my future holds but right now, its not looking how i want it to look or need it to look.

I can't help but feel compelled to comment on this. Truth is an interesting concept, because each and every one of us will have our own truth. I think that the truth most members of this forum live is that this surgery has changed their lives for the better and they would do it again in an instant.

Ja's truth is scary to read about for sure, but the risk of these things happening are SO LOW. You are more likely to suffer severe complications from obesity than you are from this surgery. I certainly don't want to minimize what Ja is going through, because it's seriously awful stuff- but please keep in mind that she's not telling the 'truth about how awful this surgery is".... she's just telling her story of complications that are quite rare.

I hope that you spend more time reading this forum and see how many wonderful success stories are here of people who are so happy with their results in order to make a more balanced decision.

I am in a Facebook group for all WLS and seems like all the complications are sleeve and bypass have alot of hernias but never leaks and such?

i work in xray and see more complications from bypass than sleeve, having a bypass is not necessarily going to fix the problems from the sleeve

I am in a Facebook group for all WLS and seems like all the complications are sleeve and bypass have alot of hernias but never leaks and such?

i work in xray and see more complications from bypass than sleeve, having a bypass is not necessarily going to fix the problems from the sleeve

wouldnt the hernia be prior to WLS? my friend that i spoke about before had a hernia & wasfixed during her sleeve. now she has another small one.

this is verrrrry true! the only reason i got this surgery is because i did tons and tons and tons of research! 85% of the ppl say they would do it again! i watched over a billion youtube videos & read blogs & lived on here day & night. 1,000s of hours of research. no one couldve changed my mind!!! but something i didnt have was the opportunity to talk to someone going through complications. i talked to ppl who survived complications but never anyone going through it!

you hit the nail on the head there!!

I think they can be both?

wouldnt the hernia be prior to WLS? my friend that i spoke about before had a hernia & wasfixed during her sleeve. now she has another small one.

it makes tons a difference! seems like once the horror is over, the complications become adistant memory to people. well going through it is hell!!!!! i even lost my job for taking off work because of this leak! my boss text me acting concerned & then fired me while laying in a hospital bed pressing the button for more pain meds! WHAT A F!%KING B!+CH! & i worked off the books so nothing i could do. only support i had was my mom. its a very emotional experience thatll drain u physically, mentally &emotionally! i actually began seeking a therapist!!! its THAT serious!!! my on again off again boyfriend fought with me on the phone while in the hospital & had me crying hysterically the night i had the stent placed! which may i add... IS SUPER PAINFUL! he said some things that shocked me & had me gasping air in disbelief. things that even if him and i worked it out, id NEVER forgive him for. never! the night nurse came in & gave me pain killers & benadryl to knock me out!! she felt so bad. i felt so stupid!

anyway point is... its not easy! yes, thats my experience& may not be urs but u never know what will happen & unless u r willing to take a huge gamble, dont do it.

you hit the nail on the head there!!

yeah i guess ur right. :/

I think they can be both?

jassleeve I am sorry you are going throughout all this!! I I hope you get well soon. I think a therapist would be a great idea.

lol very needed or my head will start spinning :)

jassleeve I am sorry you are going throughout all this!! I I hope you get well soon. I think a therapist would be a great idea.

maybe in a year, ill be happy i did this! when the feeling of hate & betrayal (not exactly who or what betrayed me but it describes the feeling) subsides, maybe ill recommend it & say its just hard and strap urself in because its a long ride! but right now, im telling EVERYONE to run. my friend is having surgery in a few weeks & i had to tell her that i feel bad as a friend telling her not to have but id be worse of a friend if i told her i agreed with her having it! i feel so bad for her. i pray she comes out better than i.

it also depends on surgeons & their methods. i have afriend who is a billion times worse than me. shes about 12 weeks out & has been in the hospital for about a month now & has many complications from a leak to infections & so on! its horrible! now she.... has it bad!

so like the name of this post says, "i definitely regret surgery.... SO FAR" so far is the 2key words. i dont know what my future holds but right now, its not looking how i want it to look or need it to look.

WHO is your doctor and WHICH HOSPITAL did you use? I am reading your posts daily and praying for your quick recovery. Please do not let this setback interfere with all the wonderful dreams you had post op for a healthy new you. You will recover and the resulting weight loss will promote a healthier life. Stay strong and stay positive.

dont get me wrong, i feel my surgeon is a good dr. i know about 20ppl who have had surgery done by him & ive heard ppl call him a "GOD". i also love the hospital & staff.

my surgeons name is Dr. Aaron Roth & i had surgery at Lawrence Hospital in Bronxville, NY. i

WHO is your doctor and WHICH HOSPITAL did you use? I am reading your posts daily and praying for your quick recovery. Please do not let this setback interfere with all the wonderful dreams you had post op for a healthy new you. You will recover and the resulting weight loss will promote a healthier life. Stay strong and stay positive.