Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What Was/is Everyone Eating 4 Weeks Post Op?

just wondering about food at 4 weeks post op...my new fave item is puree chili and pb...

After my 4th week I was allowed to start on purees, which on my plan was really more like mushies/soft foods . . . I ate canned chicken and tuna (made salad with a little mayo and dill relish); refried Beans with cheese; scrambled egg; yogurt; cottage cheese.< /p>

Just starting my 4th week tomorrow and I have bought some northern Beans, ham and frozen carrots and peas. I have mixed the Beans with the ham that is sliced up into small pieces and added the carrots and peas. I ran it through the food processor a little and it is actually quite a bit of flavor compared to babyfood plus is has lots of Protein. Tomorrow I am going to take a skinless chicken breast and boil it in chicken broth. I am then going to chop it up. I am going to make some chicken salad and have a little on a few crackers. The rest of the chicken I am going to make some sort of casserole with some cooked tatertots and some green beans. At this point after all of the Protein shakes I am up for some experimentation with foods and my food processor. I have also bought some cottage cheese and going to cut up some pears into small pieces and try that out.

I can hardly wait until Monday morning as that is my weighing day and the first day of more "REAL" food.

I'm so bad my 4 weeks post-op is next week,I'm eating regular foods. Except for my slim fast for Breakfast. I wish I would of stuck to the liquid or soft foods.

I have been bad too Mommy 9. I am 3 weeks and 5 days and i have been eating real food for a little while. Today i had some rib meat. I just have been making sure to chew really well.

Add me to the list of bad :( I'm almost two weeks post op and have had no trouble with any of the foods I eat. Trick is to chew extremely well and eat super slow.

Me too, I am just 4 weeks and 2 days post op and I can eat more than pureed food. I chew alot, and I have not tried fresh vegetables, beef, or bread. I did have some chili with beef in it, but it didn't go down well. I felt it all day. But before my surgery I had terrible heartburn from eating beef, so I'm sure that hasn't changed. I wont be doing that anytime soon again. I'll be making chicken chili or maybe try turkey. I do much better with weight loss on food. I had a 2 week stall, but started eating a little bit of mushy food and started losing again. Now I'm not crazy about drinking Protein anymore! I'm considering having a lettuce salad. anyone have trouble with lettuce?? seems like it wouldn't be as harsh as say broccoli or carrots. also wondering about taco shells, everything i've read says to avoid corn chips and taco shells, but does that mean flour shells too? can we ever have a taco?? also, wondering about having a sandwich ever again! can we ever eat anykind of bread??

I am on my 3rd week, and am on soft/mushy. I have to do this next week also. I cheated last night with something, then drank Water and vomited. I will not cheat again. Too scary. Not worth the risk. I spoke with the clinic today and am back on the right track. It is hard to sometimes limit, especially with family in the house. I have no desire to starve them. So I eat separate from them. So...for me...Coco-Wheats/Cream of Wheat, Albacore tuna (plain), red Beans and rice all mushed up, very well boiled Pasta, skim milk string cheese. Water, water and more water. Oh...and lots of Protein Drinks.< /p>

Me too, I am just 4 weeks and 2 days post op and I can eat more than pureed food. I chew alot, and I have not tried fresh vegetables, beef, or bread. I did have some chili with beef in it, but it didn't go down well. I felt it all day. But before my surgery I had terrible heartburn from eating beef, so I'm sure that hasn't changed. I wont be doing that anytime soon again. I'll be making chicken chili or maybe try turkey. I do much better with weight loss on food. I had a 2 week stall, but started eating a little bit of mushy food and started losing again. Now I'm not crazy about drinking Protein anymore! I'm considering having a lettuce salad. anyone have trouble with lettuce?? seems like it wouldn't be as harsh as say broccoli or carrots. also wondering about taco shells, everything i've read says to avoid corn chips and taco shells, but does that mean flour shells too? can we ever have a taco?? also, wondering about having a sandwich ever again! can we ever eat anykind of bread??

ajbailey, I think we can eat tacos in the future, but probably not while healing. I get that full feeling very easily, which is so strange to me. I never had a full feeling before. What I did find helps is to walk, walk and walk. It helps the digestion for me. I was told no bread products at this time, they tend to lodge and swell. I miss home made tacos too.

For those of you "cheating" or not following your food plan - I would warn you to be very cautious. Early on after surgery, your stomach is still going to have some numbness so you may not feel or realize when you are eating too much, OR if what you are eating is not appropriate for this stage post-surgery. Remember that you still have a healing staple line that is very delicate and sensitive. Eating foods that are too difficult to digest, or that aren't soft enough, can cause significant damage and could result in a leak, infection, or other complication.

I'm not trying to be preachy but I followed my food plan religiously . . . it was really hard, and I had a couple breakdowns . . . but ultimately I kept reminding myself that I was going to have a few months of really hard but a lifetime of satisfaction from being thin and feeling so much better about myself. I hate to hear about people having a complication, especially if that complication is due to a bad decision.

I'm 5 weeks post-op, my doctor allows almost anything at this point except really crispy or tough meats and anything raw and any vegetables, fruits or sweets, I usually have Pasta with VERY overcooked and mashed meat or chicken, or rice with yogurt, Soups and just almost regular foods, I really miss vegetables and salads, can't wait for 8 weeks to pass so I can eat veggies and fruits again! I can tolerate almost all juices except orange juice, it gives me serious heart burn, but ironically I can tolerate lemon juice =/

I reached 4 weeks yesterday. Meatloaf is my new best friend. Giant grocery store makes some that's more "meat" than "loaf," but it's still really soft and goes down easily.

Today I also had the tuna part of a tuna melt, which tasted great and made Sleevie really happy.

I'm also still eating the same soft foods I've been living on for the past couple of weeks: scrambled eggs, hummus, Laughing Cow and BabyBel soft cheeses, sugar-free Jello pudding (with plain powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury Protein powder mixed in), frozen yogurt. And, of course, the Protein shakes.