Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Twice in the past week I have experienced horrid chest pains. The best way to describe it is that it feels like the worst child birth contractions a woman can have. They are in my chest and back and last 20-30 minutes. They are constant and there is nothing that will relive it. Ihad it one other time about 2 months ago. I spoke to my family dr today and she has no clue as to what it is. She suggested that I speak to my surgeon. I called the surgeon in my hometown that did some follow up with me her in Canada after I got back from Mexico. He said, "CALL THE MEXICAN'S"! WTF!!! Who says that? All I want to know is what's wrong with me. I have googled it and have found some information but not alot. I know it's NOT a heart attack and it's not anxiety issues either. My family dr did do blood work last week and my Vitamin B and Folic Acid levels are extremely low and she has me on suppliments to fix that. we are puzzled about the chest pains. Has anyone heard of Dumping Syndrome? Could it be that? I don't know what it is but it hurts really bad and want to figure out what is wrong. I have been taking Prevacid for heartburn and have recently switched to Tecta as the Prevacid is SOOOOO expensive. If there is anyone on here that would help I would greatly appreciate it!! Thank you so very much!

Sorry, I don't know what it could be. I would go to the ER. When we have pain, it's telling us that something's wrong. I wouldn't play around with this. Please keep us posted. Sad your feeling so bad ;(

I've had esophageal spasms that felt like a heart attack. Very painful and some so severe I've almost called 911. Google it and see if that's what your having. There is medication for it. Also, severe acid reflux can cause esophageal spasms. Did you have an endoscope before surgery to see if you had damage to your esophagus? Do you have history of acid reflux? Hope you get help whatever is going on.

I had an endoscope done in late August because I wasn't well when I returned from Mexico, i couldn't even drink fluids and was hospitalized for 2 weeks here. The surgeon here said everything looked beautiful but I had a little hernia on my esophagus that was causing some discomfort, along with acid reflux. I have suffered from acid reflux for the past 3 years. Got really bad during my last pregnancy. I was thinking maybe my acid reflux medication isn't doing what it should. It's just frusterating when the dr's here don't want to help figure it out. Going to the er during a episode would be impossible unless I call 911. I can't get off the floor when it happens. Its just so weird and frusterating. Just trying to figure it out so it stops. I will google the esophageal spasms. Thanks!!

I think you really need to go to the ER ... Better safe then sorry.. Mexico or not the ER needs to find out what is wrong.. good luck and I wish you well

I had my gallbladder out over 10 years ago and the pain that I had from those attacks felt like a heart attack- very painful in my chest, ribs and upper back. Ask for an ultrasound to see if you have gallstones or other problems with your gallbladder.

I have had acid attacks multiple times. It is a searing/ripping pain that goes from the sternum to the ribs and through to the back. Severe attacks also radiate to the shoulder, face and down the arm like with a heart attack. It is some of the worst pain imaginable and you Will think you are going to die. It brings on full blown panic attacks. You will never say, " this is just an acid attack," when you have them like this. They always mimic heart attacks and should never be taken lightly. This could mean your meds are not strong enough, you are getting gallbladder problems (I had to have mine removed), or it is an undiagnosed heart condition. This must be checked out.

Dumping syndrome is where everything you eat runs straight through you. I have had it for 13 years, from not having a gallbladder. In my case it is caused from over-digestion. All of the excess bile dumps directly into my stomach. I can take one bite or drink and in two minutes have to hit the bathroom. I can't for the life of me figure out how someone that has had diarrhea up to 15 times a day for the last 13 years can be over weight. It takes a normal person 24 hours to take the same meal from top to bottom, it takes me 2-3. I just don't get it?

I was going to say too that it sounds like you could be having a gall bladder attack. Try googling that too and see if you have any other symtoms of gall bladder problems. A gall bladder attack is very painful. Believe me, I was freaking out over having to go to the hospital and what it would cost. In the end, I had no choice and went straight to the emergency room.