Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am exactly 2 months post op. Sleeve. I am 42 pounds down and it has been a bumpy road with learning how to eat. Maintain Fluid intake and get my Protein in. But..... I have no regrets, it has made it possible for me to gain control of my eating. I was never a big eater, just poor choices. food is no longer fun so I am learning what works and it's a simple decision. I would rather have a boiled egg white than a piece of pizza! Yay me

Hi I'm 39 single father of the most beautiful intelligent charismatic almost 8 yr old daughter. I am a supervisor for a major cell company. I enjoy time with my daughter,reading ,movies, gym,camping and boating.

I won't to set a good example and instill great values and morals in my daughter. She doesn't know how much she changed my life for the better. I have 2 sisters 3 brothers 12 nieces and nephews. Which I love all dearly

Hi everyone I just had my surgery Nov 20 and have had kind of a rough time with finding Proteins to eat and keep down....i also am only able to drink about 40oz of Water a day and am still dehydraded and very weak. Ive been able to walk twice a day which I am proud of myself but I dont walk outside just the hallways of my apt. NE weather too cold. When will the being weak all the time go away? Thanks in advance for answering my questions.

Hi I'm Jamie from Northern California. I'm getting ready for surgery and not getting support at home I have decided to find support online. Let's see I love showing i grew up showing horses reining, all style. I show my yorkies and French bulldogs and am a master groomer. I am ruled by my mean little hairless cat Ivvana Coat or fluffy kitty as we call her. I'm a outdoors have a blast kinda girl and miss ridding my horses and just want to be a healthy weight to ride again.

Hello All! I am a 37 year old father of one (5yr old) and loving husband. I decided to get sleeved for what I have named "Operation Longevity". I have type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, elevated cholesterol. I've been heavy all my life and it's time to make a change. I was sleeved on 12/11/14. The first hours following surgery were probably the roughest. Once I was able to start walking and beat the dreaded gas pains, I began to feel much better. I was released from the hospital on day two and I haven't really needed much in the way of my pain meds or nausea pills. I look forward to sharing the journey with everyone here and seeing the new me emerge.

So cool to read these!

I'm Alix, Im 25 years old. I'm a "stay at home" house wife and mother of 2 beautiful little girls. Im actively part of a wonderful church, Girl Scout leader, 4H mom, Extreme couponer, Independent consultant for a DS company, and on my free time I love to crochet baby blankets. Oh and I clean house for an elder gentleman twice a week. I'm in love with my kitchen. I spoil myself with the best of everything from pots and pans to silverware. My kitchen is MY space to be alone. I have a passion for cooking... To make my guests say "wow". I'm 5'8", 272 lbs and one week pre-op. I'm very nervous! As a teen, I strived hard to be and stay fit. I ate 800 calories a day and ran 6 miles daily, to stay 170 lbs lol once we had my oldest daughter, my weight went out of control. And so did my second pregnancy. I was on bed rest at 20 weeks for pre-eclampsia. It was the scariest part of my life. Hopefully by this time next year we will have another " bun in the oven", but this time, in a healthy way. :)

Hello guys!

My name is Ashlee. I'm 29... Will be 30 in February. I have been overweight ever since I can remember. I was always the fat friend. I don't know if it's because I'm turning 30, but I have come to a crossroads in my life. One way is to live the way I was living ( in a relationship with another obese person keep the same job that I don't like and start a family) or take the other path which involves me taking control of my life and doing what I really want to do. So I chose the path where I'm in control. I have yoyoed dieting my whole life. I want to maintain my weight especially for my health but for my wardrobe too! I have clothes ranging from size 14 to 24! I am ready to make a fresh change in my life starting in 2015

Who am I? I am Brigette. Not Bridgette. Pronounced Bri jet. I am a triplet. Yes, 3 of us 2 boys, 1 girl. I am married nearly 14 years. I have 2 daughters ages 12 and 6, I am 47 years young. I had the lapband in 2010, I was very successful. However, I had an eye stroke in 2012 and forever was uncomfortable with the lapband. I also could never get proper restriction. Professionally, I am a Training Officer. I am scheduled for revision sleeve on 9 February 2015.

Edited by Brigette

Hi, my name is Terosia and I'm a 54-year old married nurse to a retired vet/postal worker. I'm from a family of 16 siblings. My hubby and I have a perfect blended family of natural, foster, adoptive, step, god and grand children. We are both active in our respective churches and involved in community outreach. I have been a big girl since birth and never really attempted to do anything major until my health began to be adversely affected. It's not an easy journey but the long term benefits will be worth it!

Edited by SeptemberSlimmer1960

I am 29. Single. Mother. I live close to Joplin, Missouri. I'm a cosmetologist. Going back to school for nursing. I had gastric bypass on Oct 27

Hi. I'm Tamara and I am a mother of 2 beautiful boys. I hope to be sleeved soon. I've finished all my pre-sugery testing/requirements. Now I'm just waiting for my doctors office to submit my paperwork to my insurance company. I am very excited at the hope of getting sleeved and changing my life. Glad to meet you all!

My name is JoAnne. I am 45. My whole life I've been on a weight loss roller coaster ride. Blessed to have a man by my side for the last 18 yrs through it all including being blessed to have been first time parents at 40 for me/ 44 for him. The last straw was when my son said mommy I do not want you to die. I stopped my biggest vice 'soda' at the beginning of December. I am down 10 pounds. See the Psych next. On my way and not looking back!

My vice was bread and Pepsi. Yum yum, I had my surgery on Nov 20 2014 and have not gone near a Pepsi or bread. That was really hard Christmas Eve. My Mom makes the best poppy seed bread but I stayed away from it.

I hope everyone has a HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

My name is MJ. I am a fifty three year old OB nurse in Alaska. Been married almost 18 years to the love of my life and we have an 11 year old daughter. I have been a nurse for thirty years and have decided after forty years of fat I need to be around for my family. They need and love me as much as I love them. I am planning on spring 2015 for my sleeve. I have two more of the required six consecutive weight management sessions. Already had my required psychiatrist visit and had my consultation in Seattle with my surgeon. Things going well. I am down 33 lbs since I started weight management. From 261 lbs to 228lbs. I want to lose another seven pounds and keep in my training mode.

Has anyone been turned down because they lost too much weight pre op.?The surgery is my motivation. I know I have to do this training for the rest of my life my sleeved life.