Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey There - Finally Sleeved On The 9th !

hello all - hope everyone is doing well..

I had my surgery on the Friday of last week so it's been a week now and I'm recovering fairly well.. I'm not on any pain killers except panadol, and I'm not feeling too much pain apart from a dull ache at times.

I seemed to be doing so well until today when I started to 'freak out' about what I'd done.. I am craving real food like mad and I feel so scared that I'm never going to be able to feel satisfied again, due to only being able to eat a little of everything.. I was an emotional and boredom eater - I don't know what to do with myself now that I can't snack. I am soooo sick of liquids - its driving me mental. I feel sad because I never wanted to sacrifice my happiness for the sake of being thinner, if that makes sense? I believe that food in large quantities made me happy, and now I have no idea what to do instead. My partner is extremely supportive - it just feels really really personal and I'm struggling to get words out about how much I miss food. I refused to weigh myself until yesterday; I didn't quite believe the surgery had worked - but I am 7 kilos (about 4 pounds) down already - quite a shock to the system..

anyway - I just felt like I needed to vent a bit. thanks for listening :)

I so hear you! I'll have my surgery on Jan 9 and the things you mention - emotional eating and eating when bored and I'm worried too about how I'll cope. I know my emotional eating makes me feel better in the moment, but later I feel physically poor from overeating and I feel guilty along with it.

That's great about the kilos!

I know this is a stretch but I remember when I started making all kinds of pureed baby food for my son. It was totally crazy and I felt like all I did was boil, puree, freeze, microwave but looking back on it, it was for such a short amount of time! It didn't feel like it then, but a few months away from it and it seemed like a blink. My wish for you is that this period of liquids & mush feels like a blink when you have a little distance from it. Big hug!

Me too, freaked out I'll never eat again! I'm 9 days out from surgery. I got this surgery hoping I would eventrually be able to eat normal things in very small quantities. Like 1/4 of a BBQ chicken breast sandwich or half a taco and then be satisfied. I don't want to ever pig out again!

Although I had a set back, I'm much better and today ate some runny cream of wheat w/non fat milk about 1/2 cup total that took most of the day, maybe 4 oz of apple juice, 6 oz of Protein drink and Water. Wow, this sucks, but I am not hungry!

I hate watching TV because the commercials make my crazy. I feel like I'll never eat again! I am so tired from lack of food I just want to sleep most of the time and also maybe like you a little depressed thinking I'll never eat again.

It's gotta get better because people seem way to happy that they've had this surgery. We have to switch our minds and believe that happiness does not equal food. Happiness equals feeling better, healthy, lighter, stronger, preventing type II diabetes, avoiding high blood pressure, hip and knee surgeries, fitting into a booth at a resturant without your belly rubbing against the table and not worrying if your going to break one of those darn plastic white folding chairs at parties or events. Oh and my favorite - one day fit in an airline seat and be able to put down the tray table!!

This is tough, but I keep reading these forums and I keep hoping eventually I'll be happy I had this done. We're all in this together, hang in there and know it's gonna get better because that's what they keep telling us.

5DogMa... Try to get in the 64oz of Water per day for the first 2 weeks, you don't want to be dehydrated. My doc said Water before Protein for that time frame. It will help with the energy level too. I was sleeved on 11/14.

Just trying to help :)

G

Nikkita you are not alone! I'm a bored-eater too, a grazer, and constant snacker. I had surgery on December 9th too (sleeve sisters!), and its been torture feeling like im never gonna be able to eat and feel satisfied again. I think the holidays make it worse, like at work today everyone brought in a ton of food, and its sitting all around the office. I'm trying to focus on working, and drinking my Protein Shake and Water, but its hard cuz i have to walk by the food every time i leave my desk. I feel left out, and sad, but im not gonna risk hurting my sleeve for one second of satisfaction of taking a bite. We just have to be strong, and before you know it we'll be able to eat like normal people again, just a lot less!

WELCOME welldoneclap.gif TO THE LOSERS BENCH!!! Whooottt!!!

Vent away, it's ok! Most everyone will feel your feelings in the beginning. I'll just tell ya it WILL get better. Promise. Maybe not this afternoon, or even next week - but this time next year you're going to be doing this: Dancing_biggrin.gifDancing_tongue.gifDancing_wub.gif