Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What Do You Mean It Can't Go Lower? Nsv

When my weight was increasing, one of the most depressing events was when I realized that I had to raise the tilt of the steering wheel because it was brushing against my ever expanding thighs. sad.png

When I lost some weight pre-op, I lowered the tilt some, but thought there was at least one more adjustment. Well, on my way home from work yesterday, I noticed there was quite a bit of space between my legs and the wheel. When I got home, I went to adjust the wheel and ...thunk...thunk...it couldn't get any lower! I was happy and in shock!

I know I have a long way to go still, but for me, this was one small reminder that things are getting better. cool.png

That is great - well done!

AWESOME!!!.. Great job!!! I'm sure it's a great feeling.. I can hardly wait...

Just you wait, in no time you will be adjusting your mirrors and your seat trying to compensate for the incredible shrinking you. Congrats so happy for you!

This was HUGE for me when it happened!! I happen to be really short and for a long time I had to keep the tilt up pretty hard... it didn't block my view or anything (i'm not that short lol) but it was uncomfortable... the first time I went to adjust it and it thunked all the way down I was so happy I just about cried. I love driving so anything to make it more comfortable. My mom (we share the car, well it's technically hers but I drive it a lot more lol) even commented that she has to adjust the seat more because of all the changes I've had to make!

What I love is when I take my car for an oil change or something and the mechanic (who is, in my eyes, a skinny guy) has to adjust the seat backwards in order for him to fit! I love that! Always makes me smile! Now if I could only get him to put it back when he's through. . . . hehehehe

This is a great NSV - one I hadn't thought of. I am going to see if mine is on the lowest setting. What a great way to prove to yourself you are a skinny - minny.

Sharon

When my weight was increasing, one of the most depressing events was when I realized that I had to raise the tilt of the steering wheel because it was brushing against my ever expanding thighs. sad.png

When I lost some weight pre-op, I lowered the tilt some, but thought there was at least one more adjustment. Well, on my way home from work yesterday, I noticed there was quite a bit of space between my legs and the wheel. When I got home, I went to adjust the wheel and ...thunk...thunk...it couldn't get any lower! I was happy and in shock!

I know I have a long way to go still, but for me, this was one small reminder that things are getting better. cool.png

That sounds like a wonderful problem to have! Congrats!

How cool is that? I can't wait to have my first NSV!

Isn't it nice when the reality check is a happy one? I'm looking forward to some happy reality checks in 2012!