Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Macaroni & Cheese

Anyone have trouble eating macaroni and cheese? I am just about 3 weeks out and I was just about to try a mouthful, but I chickened out not knowing if it might "stick".

Any feedback?

PS, I know it's a high calorie, fatty food...I'm only hoping for a teensy helping...:)

unfortunately mac n cheese goes down like manna from heaven for me. i have to watch out for the stuff. it's almost too easy...

I have a problem with Pasta, but not small amounts of mac-n-cheese. I get the kind with the cheese sauce not the powder or I make it from scratch. I have been know to sneak in a bit of unflavored Protein Powder too (shhhh, my family is clueless) ~Mandy

Mac n' cheese was one of my first semi-solid foods. I over did the noodles so they were nice n' soft and added a little extra milk to the cheese so it was extra saucy. mmmm

Now-a-days, Pasta for me is kind of touch and go, so I don't have it much, but I can still have it sometimes.

I guess i am the one that had a problem. And i am not really having difficulty with anything. I had two bites of mac and cheese (just your normal kraft cheese and macaroni) and It got a bit of a golf ball feeling. I ate slow, and didn't think the bites were a bad size. It must have just tunred into a ball of nothing. I took a few sips of hot Water and it cleared up some. I was eating refried Beans with it. nothing else. total meal was approx 1/2 cup.

The problem that some bandsters have with high starch products is that they tend to sorta "clump" back togehter. I have problems with fries, Pasta and rice. My doc says that those foods form a ball of dough like starch and that is why we have problems with them. I can eat a bowl of cream of chicken and rice Soup and half an hour later a ball of rice will come back up. My mother says I am like a hawk, I eat, my body takes what it needs and spits the rest back out. (hawks regurgitate the bones) It's weird it goes down but almost always comes back up, you would think I would learn, but I guess I am slow like that. ~Mandy

I usually have a hard time with it..

its weird cuz I can get othet things down that I would think would be worse.

my band just dont like it.. I LOVE EASY MAC.!

THANKS.

I appreciate the feedback. I went ahead and tried it...and like alot of you said it seemed ok...had to chew VERY well...and it filled me up really quick.

(Which is a good thing, cuz my food gets so cold by the time I take my third bite because the whole chewing experience takes so long!):hungry:

Thanks again!

Sunshine

I was banded July 3, 2006.

This week I able to work up to more solid foods, oh yummy too. I was craving salmon. Outback has the best salmon. And I was able to get 3 meals out of my one salmon dinner from there. What a strange feeling that is too. But it will be worth it.

As far as the mac-n-cheese, I've tried KFC's mac-n-cheese and it did okay. They overcook it and it has a cheesy sauce now powder. I added a little bit more milk to it just to be safe. A lunch of a SMALL KFC's mac-n-cheese and a SMALL mashed pots make a full meal for me. I'm not used to that but am happy to get used to it. (I know it's not the healthest choice but when I'm in a rush to get something quick--without eating quick though--I picked that up).

Here's to all us who made that decision to become healthier....HIP-LESS HORRAY!! :)