Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Nsv - "one-forty Land" At The Doctor!

Went for my official 9 month follow up with my PCP. The routine is put your stuff in a room and then come weigh. They have a traditional post and beam type scale, where you slide the weights back and forth until it balances.

So yesterday, this is how it went.

I rushed into the exam room, dropped my purse and jacket and hopped up on the exam table (impossible for me to "hop" up there 9 months ago) to take off my Nehi grape colored high top Chucks. Thunk, Thunk, the shoes drop to the floor. I jump down from the table and rush back into the hall to the scale. The nurse slides the weight to 150 and it is TOO MUCH. So she lets me move the big weight from 150 to 100, then move the smaller sliding along the bar to settle on 147. I step off the scale and do a happy dance standing there next too her. Probably startled a few folks, seeing a grown woman with peacock blue socks on her feet doing an impromptu dance at the scale.

I know I have been below 150 for about a week, because I could tell from my scale at home what the doctor's scale would say - but seeing it on the official scale - and actually balancing the weights is MUCH MORE satisfying to me than stepping on my scale at home. Nine months of work, summed up on the scale in front of my face.

And the icing on the cake was when the doc told me she had removed "obesity" from my diagnosis in her records. She told me it no longer applied to me. :-)

All my bloodwork was great - except my total cholesterol is over 200 at 233. I think it is because of heredity - not anything I am eating. But, I am going to up my exercise (haven't been doing much) and start working oatmeal in to my diet to see if I can lower the overall number and raise the good number before my one year checkup. I don't want to go back on a statin drug.

Life is Good!

Hey you!

I loved reading this post!

I know it shouldn't make a difference, but getting that pesky scale on your side is brilliant! Ans, having good blood results is such a reward! Congratulations on turning your health around... not obese...wow! That is my dream! What an awesome 9-hoping-mths you've had! x

Thats astounding - well done, and dance away!!! :not_ripe: :purplebananna:

Sharon YOU ROCK!!!! That is sooo awesome! I love those Detecto scales. I want to get one for my house... LOL :smile1: BTW, I remember Nehi too. I liked the Blue Cream. Haha!! Great job lady, I'm soooo super happy for you!!!

WooHOO!!! Congratulations all around--I'm joining you in your happy dance! I bet that felt awesome!!!

And the icing on the cake was when the doc told me she had removed "obesity" from my diagnosis in her records. She told me it no longer applied to me. :-)

OMG I love this!!!!!! I imagined the whole getting on the scale thing and the happy dance. It was great to read! I am very happy for you. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!

What a good true life story! Congratulations you look amazing and it sounds like you are feeling pretty amazing too. You deserve it!

hi Longer-Life? How have you been? I know you had your surgery a bit ago, (sorry don't remember the date) Haven't seen you much lately, so i thought i'd check up on you.

Hope all is well, would love to hear from you, saying everything went great, no pain etc. LOL - my DOS is coming up, pretty nervous, any encouragement would make me feel better.

Congrats! Bye bye obesity, hello healthy life!

Lynda

Oh you KNOW I am doing a happy dance for you, don't you? :D That is phenominal, amazing, fantastic, fabulous, wonderful ummmm I'm sure I can think of a few more adjectives to add LOL

Sharon, I am so happy for you! And BTW LOVE the peacock blue socks and nehi grape chucks! You are one pretty little peacock, so strut your stuff all you want!

I have to admit, I am addicted to Chucks. I am one of those women who love pretty shoes. Because of blowing out the ligaments in my right ankle (imagine a permanently sprained ankle that will roll over with the slightest provocation) I can no longer wear heels. Bye-bye 100 pairs of beautiful dress shoes! Even dress flats don't work well for me. So, I have an assortment of chucks - high tops and low tops in assorted colors and patterns to coordinate with my business attire. I have explained to my bosses that it is medically necessary for me to wear this type of shoe - since I have custom orthotics, a metal plate and an ankle brace on. So I am "business attire" from the ankles up and Chucks below.

Thanks for the visual image of myself as a pretty peecock. I will keep that image close to my heart. :-)

What an inspiration! Congrats, you look amazing.

WHOO HOOOOOOOOOOO!cheer2.gif

Congrats! You inspire me!!

That is SO exciting. Thanks for sharing your story!