Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I knew I would need new clothes... but new shoes??

I knew before having surgery that I would need new clothes. What I did not realize was that I would need new shoes as well!!! NONE of my shoes fit me now!! I have never had "large" feet (i'm a size 6.5/7... or was...) and I had not anticipated this! Anyone else go through this? In some ways I'm glad, simply because it is like losing sizes in clothes, it feels good to see physical proof that I'm losing weight.

BUT, I will wear used clothes and I will buy cheap "unmentionables" while i'm losing... but shoes?? I cannot do used shoes and there is no such thing as a cheap shoe you can wear all day. I'm staying positive by thinking that there is no way my shoe size can change THAT drastically, since my bones can't shrink.

I just thought I'd share this... it definitely was not something I had anticipated.

My daughter had the same thing happen to her....weird isn't it?

All my adult life, I was a size 6 shoe. When I got pregnant, my feet "grew" to a size 7 (swelling, excess weight pushing my arch down which lengthened my foot.) Since I continued to gain after my son was born, I stayed in a 7 for nearly 10 years. When I finally lost over 100 pounds with my Lapband, my feet settled back into a solid size 6-1/2.

Hopefully, your feet won't change much more than 1/2 size, but I do remember throwing out at least 15 good pair of size 7 shoes!

I have definitely had change in shoe size! I'm in the same boat! Now that the weather is cooler, I've pulled out some boots and closed toes shoes, so I've taken to putting on a pair of thick socks on that you can't see! LOL But I've resigned myself that this is the last season, if that, that I could wear these. My summer shoes (sandles, a few platforms) forget it! <<sigh>>

I started at a size 9 1/2. I am now and 8. Don't be too sure. It happens. My feet are really bone-y now.

Oh, man, I sure hope so!!! That would be a dream of mine! I was always an 11W - big, huge feet anyway....then I got preggo and had my beautiful boy, now I have a hard time squeezing into an 11!!! But 12's are a little too big (don't make 1/2 sizes up in the big sizes :huh: )

I would give ANYTHING to just fit comfortably into an 11 again!!

I am a size 10 so I am hoping my feet shrink. They usually only make the cutest shoes up to size 9, then your out of luck. So heres to hoping!

I've always been a 9.5 to 10W . . . my shoes are already starting to feel a little loose. I hope it's not just wishful thinking! I should probably go try some on to see what happens.

I was an 8W and am not a 7.5M which I was after my first daughter was born and I was much thinner. Hopefully my foot won't get much smaller but I love the fact I can wear all the cute trendy shoes now since most of them didn't come in a wide width.

Yep, I'm going through the same things. I was a size 7.5 to an 8 during high school but am now in a 9W to a 9.5W. I have some shoes that I can no longer keep on my feet so I get to go SHOE SHOPPING!

My husband hates those words but is happy that I am saying them.

Shae