Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May be losing my band....kinked tube maybe?

Hi Bright,

After having my own band scare and having a surgeon tell me I need a new band even though I didnt makes me concerned that you are worrying unnecesarily and an EGD (endoscopy) might give you the answers you are looking for about your band.

If I did not have the endocopy that I had on Monday, I might be under the knife right now or worse be concerned that something is wrong that isnt. THe endocopy was a piece of cake. They knock you out completely. The camera is so small I cant see how it could do damage to your band since they are on the inside, not the outside and the esophagus even on a banded person is more than large enough to accomodate the scope.

I would of course make sure that the person who is doing it knows bands and actually knows what they are looking at, but other than that, why not do it if it is a covered procedure? It turned out that my throat, pouch and stomach are all fine and I have the pics to prove it. Please consider this option.

Babs in TX

I agree with Babs, Bright. The endoscopy can go a long way toward easing any fears you have and that in itself can be a healing factor. You should be glad you have restriction this far out that feels as it always did! That's an excellent sign that your esophagus is working as it should be.

hi folks...me again....many years later!

I had my five year band-a-versary last week and despite some problems, I'm still really happy with my decision!

just wanted to update this post on my port/tubing issue...at long last there is now someone offering fills/band care in Dublin and I met with her yesterday to see what she could tell me about my port....

I haven't done anything about it since my last port - life is pretty busy and I tried to "get over it"! Still down 70+ lbs - but have gained and lost 20lbs over the past two years....I am still pretty unhappy with how much I weigh but am still delighted with my loss overall...

ANYWAY...the lovely band nurse tried to give me a fill and basically is sure that my port/tubing are disconnected. She has suggested i fly to the UK for a quick revision surgery to repair the port - after having an x-ray to confirm her suspicions - should only be there 24 hours all going well...

next available surgery date is 2 december, and I am torn between getting it over with, and scared/worried about the op...typical me! I am a final year psych student and have a lot of work to have finished by february and exams in Jan..(excuses, excuses!) but I guess i should just bite the bullet!

for anyone researching...the surgery will apparently cost around £1200 (sterling)= $1900 = €1450 - I am self pay so I guess general anaesthetic will be my christmas present!

I have the 11cc band, with a fill capacity of 9cc - and according to the fill nurse, i probably have no Fluid in my band - I still have subtle restriction and am actually feeling quite nervous about having tight restriction for the first time -five years after banding.....is that a record???

oh and love and hugs to any of the "oldies" here who may remember me - this "place" sure has changed...it's massive!

any comments/advice welcome

Bright xxxx

Hey, Bright!!

Whatever happened with your band? Hopefully all is well and you are back on track!

Sorry Ireland didn't happen this year, but a friend and I are determined to Celebrate our 50th birthdays there, so sometime early 2011 is the goal. I see crazy fares right now for slightly more than $600!

xxoo

(((((((((((((((((Donali!!))))))))))))))))))))))

miss you loads! So great to hear from you!

nothing new really with my band - turns out the revision surgery will cost £2000 (about $3300) so I am kinda putting it off for now...gaining weight by the day so must do something soon!

Can't wait til you get to Ireland - email me when you get the chance!

Bright xxxxxxxx:Banane20::):Banane20::lol: