Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How slow is your weight loss 6, 9, 12+ months post op?

Hey guys, just wondering what your weight loss is after 6 months. I am 6 months out now and have lost 95 pounds so far, but the last few months it has been dragging. I still eat between 600 - 1100 calories a day. Most days I get 80g + of Protein and keep my carbs under 30g. I exercise a few days a week and stay very active. I wear about a size 16 now (started at a 24). I would like to lose another 70 - 75 lbs, but would be happy with 50. I am going to change up my exercise routine tomorrow to see if that helps. I have been doing lots of walking and c25k. I'm going to start aerobics and weight training tomorrow and aim to do that 4 days a week. In my head I know I will lose more weight eventually, but I still get scared that this is it. How is everyone else doing?

9 months out and 1 lb away from my goal of 150. Hit a normal BMI of under 25 in September. I eat between 600-900 calories a day and keep carbs from fruit, dairy, and veg under 50 for the day. I am still losing 3-5 lbs a month. I don't eat junk food anymore and don't keep it in the house, so that helps me. Dessert is now a "special occasion" treat, rather than every day after lunch AND dinner. I am so grateful for this surgery!

That added some weight training and you'll lose big time. Just free weights will help. The cardio you're doing is FABULOUS, but it won't build the muscle mass like weight training will, and with building muscle, you'll burn fat faster, and lose the bulky/bumpy fat. You might not lose a lot of pounds while building muscle SO do not get discouraged, just keep plugging away.

I only lost about 20-25lb pounds, but dropped from a size 8/9 to a size 2.

That's cool. 16s are getting big on me now too, so I can see how toning up with weights will help. I've never even owned a size 14 so I am pretty excited. :)

I'm 9 months out and have lost a total of 114 lbs (30 or so before surgery). It's very slow now... 2-3 lbs per month. The doctor said that's normal, but it's still hard to take after losing so much so fast! I need to step up my exercise a bit and see if that helps get me going. I'd like to lose at least 10 lbs more.:)

I'm just at 6 months out, and yeah, it's slowing down. As you can see from the weights in my signature, I'm averaging between 10 and 11 pounds a month for the last 3 months--so far this month, I'm down 3 (my month sort of runs from the 15th to the 15th), so I'm on track for my average. HOWEVER, I know I'm not losing as much, because my hot flashes are coming back more frequently; the loss of fat meant the release of stored estrogen, which kept my hot flashes at bay for a few months, but they're back, which tells me the estrogen release is slacking off (as in the fat burning is slowing down).

I still have 22 pounds to go. I'm just going to keep doing what I can do and trust that my body will get where it needs to go. I'm not especially worrying about it yet--as long as the scale is still moving in the right direction, albeit slowly, I'm not going to flip out (which is new for me--I'm a former flipper over tiny things!). I'm just really enjoying being size 14/16 now instead of my former tight 26/28; anything after this is just icing on the cake (with Splenda, naturally!).

I hit goal at 6 1/2 months and am now at 8 months, so my weight has slowed quite a bit but still coming off. I have been losing about 6 lbs a month over the last 2 months.