Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am slowliy gaining a few pounds, HELP!

I had sleeve surgery March 28th, 2011. I have been doing great, down 88 pounds. I gained 2 pounds last week and already 1 this week. I feel like my stomach might have stretched. I am still eating small portions but feel hungry more often. What should I do to get weight loss and stomach shrinking again. This is really depressing me.

I bounce 1-3 lbs. and this past week I gained 1 more lb. and said OH HECK NO! I immediately stopped the snacking and added some more Protein to my diet (hard boiled eggs) and fruit (apples/bananas) instead of my other typical Snacks (junk) and dropped 2 lbs. in 2 days.

I say nip this in the bud ASAP!!!

Yes indeed. I agree you must nip this in the bud right now. A week ago (listening to people saying I was thin enough) I let myself gain 7 lbs. from 173lb to 180lb. OMG!!! I know I was freaking out. But a quick analysis of what I was doing (snacking, eating any and everything I wanted, and whenever I wanted) showed my problem. I simply went back to basics, cut out all snacking and got plenty of Water & Protein.

Happy to report I am 172lb today, so all is not lost. Just pick yourself up and get on the right track. (I say pick yourself up because if you are like me I felt like I had fallen down in a hole or something when I saw the 7lb increase.) But you have caught yours early on. You will be turned around in no time.

Yes indeed. I agree you must nip this in the bud right now. A week ago (listening to people saying I was thin enough) I let myself gain 7 lbs. from 173lb to 180lb. OMG!!! I know I was freaking out. But a quick analysis of what I was doing (snacking, eating any and everything I wanted, and whenever I wanted) showed my problem. I simply went back to basics, cut out all snacking and got plenty of Water & Protein.

Happy to report I am 172lb today, so all is not lost. Just pick yourself up and get on the right track. (I say pick yourself up because if you are like me I felt like I had fallen down in a hole or something when I saw the 7lb increase.) But you have caught yours early on. You will be turned around in no time.

WOW you sound like me...I was eating whatever, whenever but the scale was still at that 1-3 lbs. then BAM 149 (hadn't been there since June). I said OH HEEEEECK NO! This was on Wednesday and l've lost 2 lbs. since then (2lbs. in 2 days now 147), and will probably keep going till I lose 2 more just to have be at 5 lb. under goal weight again. I NEVER want to go back EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NIP, NIP, NIP LOL!

You're sleeve is at that pivotal time where it matures and you can fit more in.

The key is to feed it the right foods, Protein rich and nutrient rich foods that will keep you satisfied longer.

There is minimal stretching with the sleeve, but with slider foods(carby, crunchy, popcorn, chips, pretzels etc) those will slide right on through and are just empty calories.

The stomach isn't going to shrink back down, it just doesn't work that way. The key is continued to eat small portions of the right foods and if you're hungry adjust your calories/carb/protein intake to counterbalance your hunger. If you went off a PPI, it could be silent reflux causing the hunger, if you weren't on a PPI, unfortunately, hunger can and does return for some sleeve patients.

i feel like my hunger has gotten really bad these past few days. I am hoping it is because my TMO will be next week. But i fee like i don't ever get full. I know that our stomach will allow more food, but how do we deal with that? Increase our intake, which increases our calories? im only almost 4 months and i feel like i can eat and eat and eat :(

ive always been like this since surgery, but it my hunger has seemed to have gotten stronger!

So since getting back on track since Wednesday not only did I lose the 1 lb. I lost 5 lbs. (and I started my period today, go figure?) I really only wanted to lose up to the 4 lbs. But I will add some more healthy Snacks ASAP. I love my sleevie!

Eat Protein, Protein and More Protein.One thing my NUT told me is do not eat anything that has NO nutritional value. I am trying real hard to not eat filler foods. When I get hungry or better yet, before I get hungry, I snack on Beef Jerky. I was told basically to eat several small meals or Snacks a day, this was to control my blood sugar. Even though my Diabetes is completely controlled with no medication and my numbers are normal now, I try to eat healthy snacks throughout the day. You will be able to look back at what you have recently been eating and find the culprit, it is usually filler foods loaded with carbs. Go back to your healthy eating and you will be fine.