Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What did you wear while in the hospital?

I wore the hospital gown the entire time. It is just easier with all the cords and injections.

oh no, what cords and injections? lololol do they get you up soon after you're out of recovery?

do they make you drink, and can you keep it down? and when you're home do you have

trouble keeping H20 down? Do you have trouble getting 8 glasses down daily? What about

later, a few weeks later, prob getting your Water in?

after the surgery how much pain are you in. does the liquid pain med taste awful?

what position do you sleep? i have heard its hard to sleep, for example it took a while

before they were able to sleep on side. Is it better sitting on the couch instead of laying down?

i'm trying to read alot on the web, and the info you "posters" you write are very helpful!!

Oh, so many questions, so little time :o) lololol

surgery 12/7 - just can't wait, so very excited!!! - kathy

I just wore the hospital gown. You will have the drain that they constantly empty and I would not want to get that blood all over my clothes. You will mainly be resting. A robe may be a good idea for walking the halls. Good luck on your upcoming sleeve surgery. SO happy for you!!!

What drain? where is it? Stomach? How does it feel? How much did you rest at home? How long, days etc. did you need to rest. ? I took early retirement, so resting to me isn't a bad thing!! "o) lololol

so many questions, so little time!!!

thanx

Whoa! I need answers too please...

oh no, what cords and injections? lololol do they get you up soon after you're out of recovery?

do they make you drink, and can you keep it down? and when you're home do you have

trouble keeping H20 down? Do you have trouble getting 8 glasses down daily? What about

later, a few weeks later, prob getting your Water in?

after the surgery how much pain are you in. does the liquid pain med taste awful?

what position do you sleep? i have heard its hard to sleep, for example it took a while

before they were able to sleep on side. Is it better sitting on the couch instead of laying down?

i'm trying to read alot on the web, and the info you "posters" you write are very helpful!!

Oh, so many questions, so little time :o) lololol

surgery 12/7 - just can't wait, so very excited!!! - kathy

Many people get a blood thinner shot in their belly. I did and it was no big deal. You are connected to the monitor and the IV of course. Most people are up and walking as soon as they are able, it helps prevent blood clots and it helps reduce the extra gas you may have from the surgery. I was not allowed to drink or have anything by mouth until the second day. Then at that point I had to just sip sip sip until I could get in at least an ounce every ten minutes. I wasn't in too much pain, but I also had a hernia repair so that may have made it a bit worse than most. It was a soreness type pain, nothing sharp. The liquid pain meds don't taste pleasant, but they weren't horrible for me. It was worth it for me since I didn't do very well on the pain pump. I had no problem laying flat and I could sorta sleep on my right side, so sleeping on my bed wasn't an issue for me once I got home.

As for the drain, not every surgeon uses one. Mine did and I had to keep it in for a week. It came out on my left side and was stitched into place. It didn't hurt but it was a bit of a pain. I ended up keeping it tucked into my bra to keep it out of the way. When it was removed it didn't hurt but it felt weird since the other end of the drain is up near your stomach.

Hope that helps

just the hospital gown and my slippers with good treads. they were a life saver. when i left just loose sweat pants and a baggy t shirt. good luck to u!!!

Wow! Thank you, everyone for all of the imformative replies! It's nice to know what to expect! They tell you the basics but not the 'down and dirty' details.

It is so nice to have this community! I feel very blessed! :D

Thank you for all of the well wishes and my best goes out to everyone that is making this journey, whether you are pre or post op.