Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Start weight 400lbs?

I started at 417 and I have lost 77 lbs in 4 months. However from the posts above it seems people have lost 100 and more already at this time. Now I'm bummed :(

Dont be bummed, 77lbs in 4 months is an amazing accomplishment. Celebrate every single pound because you worked for that. Everyones story is differnt. I wish i could lose 77lbs in 4 months. Congrats!!!

@Vsg Doll - There is ZERO doubt you can lose as much weight as needed with this surgery! There's not as many needing to lose 200+ Lbs but they are around and they really are losing the weight. I'm sooo proud of them because this darned thing being obese is a real monster. I struggled with being over 300 Lbs at one point and for probably a decades time. I messed my knees up and cause damage to my body... it was crying out to me!!

Hugs! I KNOW you will be amongst the big losers here someday. :)

@Sam - that is PHENOMENAL!!! Huge CONGRATS to you!!! You're DEFINITELY going to make goal!

@coffee - that is rule #1 around here... DO NOT compare yourself to others - DO Celebrate every pound lost. :)

@Vsg Doll - There is ZERO doubt you can lose as much weight as needed with this surgery! There's not as many needing to lose 200+ Lbs but they are around and they really are losing the weight. I'm sooo proud of them because this darned thing being obese is a real monster. I struggled with being over 300 Lbs at one point and for probably a decades time. I messed my knees up and cause damage to my body... it was crying out to me!!

Hugs! I KNOW you will be amongst the big losers here someday. :)

@Sam - that is PHENOMENAL!!! Huge CONGRATS to you!!! You're DEFINITELY going to make goal!

@coffee - that is rule #1 around here... DO NOT compare yourself to others - DO Celebrate every pound lost. :)

Awwww LilMissDiva your post totally made me smile!!! Thank you so much for the words of encouragement. I cant wait to be on the losers side of the bench. I love these boards and great people like you on them!!!:D

UL35,97

I was 460 to start- 410 on April 7, 2011 (day of surgery) and soen 185 pds :)

WOW!!!!!! that is amazing results for just over 7 months post op. TELL ME EVERYTHING YOU ARE DOING!!! (lol)...185 lost in 7 months? Congrats, you deserve it

I started at 385.5 in late May 2010 and have now lost 165.5 pounds. I'm still losing but it's very slow now. 4-5 pounds a month. However, as long as it is still coming off I'm happy. I was 62 at time of surgery. Age 64 now at 16 months the 29th and for health reasons could not work out vigorously until end of May. So think what you can do if you can workout early on! My goal is 150. Men lose more quickly than women on average. Best not to compare oneself to anyone. We all lose at different rates for different reasons, but in the end, it comes off. Follow the food and exercise plan and you'll do great.

I am glad to find this. At my pre-op appt. on March 8, 20 12, I was 410. FOUR-10! I couldn't believe the scale. My surgery is scheduled for March 28th. I have lost 18 lbs on my 2 week liquid diet so far. My weight has been a struggle my WHOLE life. Even as a 5 year old I was obese. I am so ready for a new life. I have a wonderful family. I have the best husband ever and four beautiful children. I need to be here for them, for me. I have never been in control of my weight. I have been wanting to have WLS for 10 years, but the timing with insurance and babies was never right. Now that I am finished having children and insurance pays for it once again, I can do it. Thank you all for being an inspiration to me.