Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dont no if I should jump for joy or be fustrated

Hey forum family. So I went to the nutritionist today. I have completed all of my weigh ins, my doctor has sent the office a letter of recommendation. I have my Upper GI and blood work scheduled. My issue is that I was told that I am not able to get my surgery this year due to them being all booked til the first of next year. Now I am going to have to pay a "HIGH" deductible due to insurance starting over in Jan. I really wanted it (the sleeve) done before the end of the year so that my fees were not that expensive. But I AM GOING TO CONTINUE ON. Its just a little bump in the road :frusty: :pout: Any one had to experience this yet? Overall, I am excited. I want it too bad not to pay whatever it is I have to pay, in order to get it. Please send any msgs you may have my way. I hope yall had a good day!!!!

Have you explained your situation to someone at your surgeons office? If they don't work with you, you could consider searching for surgeons of excellence in your area and switching. You wouldn't have to start over.

Thanks for replying. I dont have to start over the weight loss process all over. By me going back and forth to the hospital this year..all that money is not going to go towards my new deductible. So instead of me paying less than 800 for my surgery and hospital stay, if I have the surgery in Jan. I will have to pay close to 2,000 because that new deductible starts itself all over at the 1st of every year. I was a little down but it is worth every penny. So i will just have to do it.

Contact your doctor and tell them your concerns about the deductible. They may be able to work with you. You should also ask if you can be put on a waiting list in case anyone cancels.

I am in the same situation and will probably be pushed to January too. I meet with the surgeon tomorrow and one of my questions is about the cross over for the year and the deductibles. Since we started this process this year and everything has been completed and the final weigh in is Dec 13th then I would hope that they can either squeeze me in or "carry me over" for the next year. I'll let you know what they say. Good luck to you!

Hi there, newbie here...facing similar circumstances. Started my process in April of this year...completed all of my requirements and paperwork was finally submitted to insurance company for approval back on Oct 6th...when I checked with my Dr's office yesterday, they told me it could take up to 30 days to hear back from the insurance company. I had hoped to get my surgery scheduled in November, but she told me that they are completely booked for November and December is filling up fast. I do not want to pay my deductible all over again if they cant squeeze me in this year. It's aggravating. I actually called my insurance company today to find out the status for approval and waiting to hear back from them directly since it is going on 3 weeks now... Just praying that I am able to squeeze in somewhere in December before I leave for the holidays. Yikes! I will pray for you too.

I also just sent in all my paper work for insurance, my surgeons office told me they tell you 30 days as a precaution and usually hear in 2-3 weeks so i would give your office a call in another week or so and maybe you can get it done before the end of the year. Its been a week tomorrow for me and ive been checking my phone like i am waiting for a hot boy to call back in high school.

I called my ins co everyday LOL... they told me it could take up to 30 days & I called everyday until they approved me, I figured the squeaky wheel gets the grease. I went through 10 months of hoops to jump through, 2 denials hours on the phone & finally got approved & have a date of Nov 14th for surgery!! My advice is to be proactive & don't wait for everyone else, I actually am the one who faxed over the final info for approval LOL

Good luck!!

Glenna

I have to wait until January because I need to use my health care reimbursement account option to manage the expense but when I told my surgeon I wanted to be his first surgery of the new year he thought for a moment and said that sounded about right for time and that was back in September.

You could also ask to be on a back-up list if someone has to cancel. Just a thought. Good luck!!