Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Breakstone's Cottage Cheese

I am on mushies now, and wanted to share for those having trouble getting in their Protein. I eat Breakstone's 2% cottage cheese. They come in these little 4oz snack size containers that are perfect bandster portion. Each 4oz container has 90 calories, and 11 grams of protein!!! 11 grams in one little container! It is a good thing. Check it out. I got mine at Walmart.< /p>

Love em! This has been one of my favorites since being banded! Very handy, good taste, perfect consistency!

You might want to try out LITE ricotta cheese. 4 ounces has 140 calories and 10g Protein. It's my favorite breakfast!

I do have the ricotta cheese. Honestly, the taste isn't for me. I added some sugar free preserves, but it just a funky taste to it. I know my daughter loves it though!! She hovers arond me cause she knows I won't finish it. lol

These are yummy cheesy pancakes with bits of onion. Tastes a lot like a potatoe pancake but healthier. These are addicting, in a good way. Good way to get more Protein in.

1 small onion diced finely

1 teaspoon butter - softened

1 egg

1/2 cup 1% cottage cheese

2 tablespoons flour

salt & pepper (to your liking)

non-stick cooking spray

In a bowl, beat the egg; blend in the onion, butter, cottage cheese, flour and salt and pepper. Mix well. Heat a non-stick skillet and spray with non-stick cooking spray. place 4 one-tablespoon scoops of batter in pan, spreading into rounds with spoon. (The original recipe calls for four 1/4 cup scoops but I found them too big and they wouldn't set for me) Cook over medium heat until set, flip and cook until lightly browned. Good served with a dab of low-fat sour cream.

Original recipe of 1/4 cup scoops makes 6 five-inch pancakes that serves 2 and each serving has 135 calories, 6g fat, 4g carbs, 10g Protein

:hungry:

Cottage cheese pancakes....I'm going to try them. Makes my mouth Water just thinking about it. :rofl:

BTW, I tried the Breakstone brand and didn't care for it AT ALL. YUCK. :rofl: I still think Dean's is the best from what I've tried so far. Maybe I got a bad batch of the Breakstone, but will wait awhile b4 I try again. I just love Dean's so much. :hungry: