Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Wedding Band ~ How loose is yours?

Mine completely fell off, almost lost it.

Since I am Italian, I talk with my hands. Was talking to a friend and... whoosh... it flew off my hand and hit him in the face.

Gotta get it resized, I think.

What a great thread....I just broke down and got mine resized last week...since I'm an RN, I was washing my hands all the time at work and it was falling off..... my DH would have had a fit if I lost it, so I got it resized....I was very surprised, I went from a size 9 to a size 5! YAY!!

After losing weight my wedding ring went from a size 12 to a size 8. I was really happy, when I got them from the jewely store after having them sized I thought no way those are mine, but they were, and I could put them through another ring I didn't have sized. That was awsome.

Oh my gosh Sue!! I can only imagine the difference in your hands!!! That's funny that you didn't think those rings were yours. I bet it feels good. I really miss my rings and keep looking at my finger....it feels so weird without my wedding rings even though I'm wearing a different ring.....makes me kind of sad. :phanvan

Mine kept falling off so I ended up getting them sized from a 7 to a 5 1/2! I've never had big fingers even when I was 300lbs!

I have not been able to wear my rings for quite some time now. I took them to the jewelers and they put on a sizer thingy for me and that was good for a couple of months and they said to bring it back when it got too loose,(I told her I had more to lose yet). I have not gotten back there to get another sizer thing put on. I will one day soon as they did it for free and it really worked well for quite a while. I didnt want to have to re-size it a couple times before I was at goal.

It did destroy me when I lost it. The diamond was actually one that was very important to me. It was only 1/3 of a carat, and had a flaw in it, but it was the training diamond my mom used when she studied to become a gemologist. I used to tell her that I wanted it for my wedding ring one day. I was 8. had no clue about quality. it was just cool to be able to look at a diamond through the microscope. Rob got the diamond from my mom, and had it placed into a setting. I recognized the diamond immediately. I cried for a few days when it happened. Rob's wedding band is on his chain now, because it fell off and he almost lost it. We are going to get his band (which is a wide band of white gold) melted down for my new ring, and two new bands done when we renew our vows. Rob says he might do a 3 stone ring, so that I have a stone for each of the children too. I told him it was up to him, that I wanted him to pick out something special to replace it.