Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What did I do to myself!!!!!!!?????

I feel ya I'm in the same point, I got mine monday and I am still swollen, I can't get comfy and I'm still trying to figure out how to drink 64 fl oz if i can only drink 1 fl oz every 15 mins? lol

I'm drinking a bit more than every 15 minutes, but should slow down. I am not doing any Vitamins yet. I had some yogurt last night and it seemed to help. That and Gas-x strips.

I feel bad for you guys but remeber that nice slim light at the end of the tunnel :D

(((HUGS)))))

I just read your post to my husband who said, "you said the exact same thing!"

Here is what you need to know:

1. All the pain, discomfort, and bloating passes

2. You will soon adjust to your new way of eating

3. Every day you will feel better and better!

^ ^ ^

What she said. :)

Trust me when I say this... I researched literally for YEARS. Yet, I STILL came out of surgery feeling exactly the same feelings you're feeling. I regretted my decision. Sure did! I'm not afraid to say it, because it's the truth. That said it didn't last long. Once the pain subsided, and once I was able to feel more "with it" because I was able to get more fluids and Proteins in, I was starting to love my sleeve. Then as the weight dropped and I ran through so many clothing sizes... well it's easy to say I. LOVE. MY. SLEEVE!!!!! Best thing I've ever done.

<0 Regrets today. This will be you, (all of you who are feeling this way right now) and very very soon!!!

^ ^ ^

Trust me when I say this... I researched literally for YEARS. Yet, I STILL came out of surgery feeling exactly the same feelings you're feeling. I regretted my decision. Sure did! I'm not afraid to say it, because it's the truth. That said it didn't last long. Once the pain subsided, and once I was able to feel more "with it" because I was able to get more fluids and Proteins in, I was starting to love my sleeve. Then as the weight dropped and I ran through so many clothing sizes... well it's easy to say I. LOVE. MY. SLEEVE!!!!! Best thing I've ever done.

<0 Regrets today. This will be you, (all of you who are feeling this way right now) and very very soon!!!

Hey Lady biggrin.gif Thanks for the perk up, Yea its a total downer feeling right now, but I keep thinking it will get better, I feel better then I did yesterday and just trying to keep up my liquids.

I have a friend that had RNY and she lived and died by Starbucks iced tea. Something mentally about getting out and getting something out of the house did the trick for her. It seems when I go an get their iced tea it's different than making my own at home. That is the easiest way for me to get down 32 oz. At this point, 11 days post op and still in the liquids phase, I am willing to do whatever works.

What about the caffeine? Do they have Decaf tea? I've been trying to wean off caffeine since my dr. says no caffeine for at least 3 months post op due to dehydration.

Feeling a tad better today. Just gonna keep pluggin' away.

Gotta get that Fluid and Protein in today folks!

I too find that cold makes it worse but I am freakin starving!! Not that I want to eat a burger but I would love an Atkins shake and some sugar free pudding right about now!! The Water is going right thru me but I can't stomach the Protein I have. Do you think it would be bad if I tried my atkins shake early?

Hi all, I am on day 8 and today I feel like 85% of my million dollar self! Really try to stick with your doctors instructions. Atkins may not have the Protein you need to maintain your body and help you heal. The protein is absolutely essential to the healing process. Everything went down hard for me as well and still go down with sensation but every day it's a little less. today I was able to get 50g of protein in and 32 oz of Water.

Ive purchased several samples and I foune Chike and unjury works best for me. No after taste but I just ad enough of it already. I totally hate the Protein drinks but I have them as fast and as much as my new tummy will allow without feeling discomfort. KEEP PRAYING for strength and PUSHING your way thru. Also WALK! that help move the gas in the body and the air when your sipping and if your using a straw, give it up. your sucking in air every time your pull on that straw which could be aiding to your misery.

I found plain water hard so I drank Decaf tea while layingon my side, it help the air pass a little easier as my stomach filled. I also had 2oz of protein with 2 oz of water at a time as the protein help get in the water and the water washed the protein down.

KEEP PUSHING your protein and water you can do it!

^ ^ ^

Right on the money as usual.

The first few months are a REAL witch. I didn't start to feel normal until I was into soft solids I think? And it wasn't until I was back to regular that I felt totally normal. I remember the pain, bloating & gas well. I walked often even if it was only a couple of rounds around my living room. My husband would also hit my back with the plug in massager we have (set to low). I swear that helped me.

I had a couple melt downs in the beginning and didn't watch TV for a good 2-3 months. All the food commercials really angered me. It DOES get better and when you hit the first 25 lbs.. then 50... and so on... it makes it ALL SO WORTH IT! When you can take the stairs without feeling like a winded rhino? It's worth it! When your husband points out you've crossed your legs? It's worth it. When people you haven't seen in a few months do a double take, it's worth it. Get this! My sister in law is the one who took me the day of surgery. I saw her once a few months after.. I think I was at 50 lbs down at that point. Well, I saw her a month ago (we went by their house) and she walked right by me then stopped and turned around like... ok I know it's you but who ARE you LOL. It's great! I love seeing people I haven't seen in forever. This too shall pass guys and you'll be loving your sleeves, your decision and yourselves in NO TIME! :)

It's post op day 11. And I am happy to report that things r looking up folks. Feeling stronger today and less crappy. I'm beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Hallelujah!!!

I'm 2.5 months out and still feel like crap. The weight is melting off but it comes with a price! If u ask me, I would take that 68 lbs and my tummy back any day! Good luck to you.

Hi VSG family. I am one week post op today and wondering what on earth have I done 2 myself. all liquids r hard 2 get down, I feel bloated, sore, and pain all over my belly. I feel like crap. my doc says all my symptoms are normal but OMG, I was honestly not best prepared for this,

Hi,

I happy you survived the surgery because that's the first step. I had surgery 26 days ago and I completely remeber how horrible I felt as if it was yesterday. Everything that you're saying and experiencing I did too and regreted my decision. The best advance is to continue taking you pain medicine, walk around your home as much as you can and try your best to sip your Protein shakes. Also, don't forget to take deep breaths to expand your lungs which does help in the long run.

I didn't get out of bed for the most part during the two weeks and was so sick of the Protein Shakes running through me that I stopped drinking them but that was a mistake. The Protein Shakes helps you to heal and keeps your energy up. I spent a lot of time watching television shows that distracted me from then pain and took medication to sleep as much as possible because the pain was too much. I will keep you in my prayers because this journey isn't easy but I'm hopeful that it will get better.

Are any of you taking meds for your tummies? I feel really dumb right now because I can't think of the technical name, but they help so much! At the least go out and get some Gas-X strips. They help with the bloating and tummy pain. I am two months out and just this past Friday at real regular food for the first time. Two ounces of steak and a little sweet potatoes. It satisfied me. The most important thing is to keep the liquids coming. If Isopure is too thick tasting to you thin it out with Water, but keep drinking and walk, walk, walk! The first week is the worst by far, but from them on you will get better every day. I never thought it would feel "normal" to me, but now it is just everyday living. It is important to adjust your mind to not think that you are doing something bad to yourself. Think how good what you are eating or drinking tastes. Enjoy what you can have and don't mourn what you can't. Your life is going to be so much better in really a short time. No it is not easy, and anyone who tries to say we are taking an "easy" way out has never done it. But the rewards are huge. Now down off my soapbox. Good luck and hang in there. It will be better before you know it.

Thank you all for the encouraging comments. I'm post op day 13 and feeling somewhat better. Still struggling with getting fluids in, but continuing to work on it.