Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any Crossfitters here?

Hi everyone,

I'm back on the board after a long hiatus. I forgot how great everyone here is!

Any Crossfitters here on the board? I find it's changing my life just as much as getting the sleeve. If anyone wants to gush about their PRs,, commiserate about WODs, or how it feels to be in the presence of hardcore athletes and know that you belong here too, chime in!

I am not currently a crossfitter but want to be someday. I am not sure how to get started. Would love some tips. A doc I worked with raved about it and had his 65 YO mom doing it. I checked out the website, but couldn't really figure out how to get started.

I am not currently a crossfitter but want to be someday. I am not sure how to get started. Would love some tips. A doc I worked with raved about it and had his 65 YO mom doing it. I checked out the website, but couldn't really figure out how to get started.

Amanda! You can do it! You can go to crossfit.com and look under "affiliates" to find one in your area. All "boxes" as they're called (instead of gyms) will require you to do an "on ramp" class where they go over the essential lifts and moves in Xfit. It varies from place to place but it's usually 6 classes. If you're fortunate to have several in your area I would go and check them out, talk to the owner, and get a feeling for their philosophy. Like gyms, there are places all about competition and muscle heads but most are very welcoming to the newbie. The transformation they see in regular people every day is why they love their jobs so much.

I went into Xfit with a good fitness base. I got my husband into it this year and he had zero fitness base. He definitely struggled a little more than I did in the beginning but Xfit is pretty humbling for everyone. It's challenging, motivating, and you will be amazed at what you can achieve in a short time. Please feel free to PM me with any questions you have. Best wishes! You're doing fantastic already!

Thanks a bunch! I will be checking that out pretty soon then! There is a Wellness Center free for me to use because I am Native American 2 miles form my house that has crossfit classes. I am going to go in an talk to someone there in a week or two. You are an inspiration!

Amanda! You can do it! You can go to crossfit.com and look under "affiliates" to find one in your area. All "boxes" as they're called (instead of gyms) will require you to do an "on ramp" class where they go over the essential lifts and moves in Xfit. It varies from place to place but it's usually 6 classes. If you're fortunate to have several in your area I would go and check them out, talk to the owner, and get a feeling for their philosophy. Like gyms, there are places all about competition and muscle heads but most are very welcoming to the newbie. The transformation they see in regular people every day is why they love their jobs so much.

I went into Xfit with a good fitness base. I got my husband into it this year and he had zero fitness base. He definitely struggled a little more than I did in the beginning but Xfit is pretty humbling for everyone. It's challenging, motivating, and you will be amazed at what you can achieve in a short time. Please feel free to PM me with any questions you have. Best wishes! You're doing fantastic already!

I've been going to CrossFit 1-3x/week for about 2 months now - usually twice a week. I got passes for 20 classes to 2 different studios through Groupon, I'm nearing the end of my classes with the first studio. I like it a lot, I enjoy intense workouts that are more about short bursts of energy rather than endurance (e.g. running). I think I'll keep it up after my Groupon discount passes are over. It's pretty brutal though, I always go to the Saturday morning class and then I'm basically a vegetable for the rest of the day. Today my boyfriend commented that my arms hang half-bent in front of my body - took me a second to realize I have to forcibly straighten my arms thanks to the 200 ring rows I did earlier this morning.