Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gone forever

I am allowed to have bread if it is well toasted.

I have had 1/4 of a toasted orowheat thin a couple of times, but it sits really heavy on my sleeve, so I avoid it. I am 4 months out.

Kelly

On rare occasions, I will eat one hushpuppy. I will eat melba toast or a piece of flatbread. I'm not doing regular bread still - and I'm 6 months out. Don't even want to try to see how it sits with my sleeve until I hit goal.:mellow: I sort of mentally think of "white carbs" as BAD STUFF to stay away from.

I am allowed to have bread if it is well toasted.

I have had 1/4 of a toasted orowheat thin a couple of times, but it sits really heavy on my sleeve, so I avoid it. I am 4 months out.

Kelly

Hi Kelly,

I am a real carb addict and I am afraid of not being able to enjoy the foods I once loved. How does one get past this? Also, is it hard adjusting to the diet?

Hi Just wondering if you are ever able to eat bread again??

bread is a crazy food just like lettuce. . i'm out 21 months now and can only eat VERY WELL toasted bread and those little round bread thin things without a problem, I can eat 2 small whole wheat tortillas with about 1/2 cup hummus without a problem. . just makes me feel really really full and that is good (not a bad full, just a nice full) . .lettuce is another weird food that i just can't do, it causes me alot of pain.

I can do toast if I want, but my thing are the little round oyster crackers. I have to really take care not to overdo those. I get hungry for the crunch. If I take too many carbs, the weight starts going up. I really don't want to get into to many carbs ever again! I do eat a carb smart wrap once in a while. Lettuce leaves work better than iceburg slices. My thing is the food sits in the back of my throat and I get nauseated from gagging. I am 13 weeks out now, so imagine the sleeve is still healing. Right now, I can chew nuts, make egg omlettes sometimes, eat turkey franks, and just had a good experience with a little meatloaf that I warmed in the microwave. I make a lowcarb cheesecake sometimes for a special treat, but can do sf Jello, and sf puddings pretty well. If I really want to eat some grain, I make organic oatmeal with flax seed in it. That tastes good with soymilk or Almond Breeze and stevia in it.

I am 1 month out and just got the smart option #1 bread

It has like 12 grams of Protein per slice I can get about

3 bites with Peanut Butter without any problem but I still

Can only eat 2 or 3 bites of anything.