Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Goal is so close I can almost feel it...

So, slow but sure wins the race...

I have now lost 70lbs and I am starting to see myself as a success story... I am just 14lbs away from my surgeons goal and 29lb away from my personal goal.

My weight loss is still slow, but at 14mths post op it is still moving downwards. I seem to lose a pound a week for 2-3 weeks, then nothing for 2-3 weeks and so on and so forth. There is a 'bounce of 1-3lb inbetween but that doesn't bother me too much. At this rate it is probably going to take me another 4mths to reach my first goal and then another 4mths to reach my final goal. Yes I am in for the long haul!!

My clothing size has gone from a UK 22-24 to a UK 16 and a few 14s... that in itself is a bloody great feeling.

More recently I am starting to 'feel' better about my weight loss... I am still getting some lovely comments about how 'small' I am, but I know that I am not small yet... I think people see me like this because they were soooo used to seeing me at 238lb and forgot what I looked like at 140lb!! New people I encounter just accept me for me and that is lovely. I don't feel self conscious like I used to, it is there a little, but generally I am ok now.

The only problem I have is that my 'bum bone' has no padding and when I do my sit ups and floor work it hurts, but that is a small price to pay for a strong core!!!

I continue to do my exercises, my boxing classes and gym work. I also do some floor work at home for toning. I think this is helping my general shape and I have to be honest, I thoroughly enjoy the feeling of exercise.

If anyone reading this, old or new to the sleeve is worried that it isn't going to work, or that the stall will last forever, PLEASE have faith in yourself and your sleeve. So what if it takes 2yrs to get to goal? So what if the weight doesn't melt off... it will come off if you stick to your guidelines early out and eat a healthy balanced diet throughtout.

I can HONESTLY say that this is the best money that I have ever spent!

I look forward to writing a GOAL post in the near future, actually, You will all hear me squeal over the pond when that pesky scale is kind to me...

Good luck on all your sleeve journeys and a big THANK YOU to all my sleeve friends that have helped me over the last 70lbs...:D

CONGRATS COOPS! You have done an amazing job, don't EVER forget that! Enjoy the journey! Hugs!!!!!!!

Coops,

I am sooooo happy for you!!! I can't tell you the number of times I've gained patience and insight through your sharing your journey! Things have slowed down a lot for me, and my surgeon has NOT been very encouraging. He seems to think that if I don't lose all my weight by the 9th month, then it just won't happen. You are proof that he is wrong, and I take so much inspiration from your great attitude!!! I send you the biggest cyber hugs across the pond for helping us slower folks to feel encouraged! Slow and steady wins the race!

xoxoxoxoxo

Way to go, Coops! I'm looking forward to your "goal post," which I am sure will be coming soon. You are doing all the right things and are living proof that if you work your sleeve, it will work for you--in your body's own time. Good on you for sticking with!!

Hi Coops, I remember your posting from about 2 months ago, when you asked us if we thought you should keep trying so hard to lose, or kind of take a break. (I'm paraphrasing of course.)

I'm glad you continue to fight the good fight! Congrats to you not only on your weight loss but on your positive attitude. I hope I am the same a year from now!

Thank you for sharing your journey. I have always been a slow loser so it helps to see others win the fight! I am cheering you on as you reach your goals!

Coops,

I am sooooo happy for you!!! I can't tell you the number of times I've gained patience and insight through your sharing your journey! Things have slowed down a lot for me, and my surgeon has NOT been very encouraging. He seems to think that if I don't lose all my weight by the 9th month, then it just won't happen. You are proof that he is wrong, and I take so much inspiration from your great attitude!!! I send you the biggest cyber hugs across the pond for helping us slower folks to feel encouraged! Slow and steady wins the race!

xoxoxoxoxo

Lila,

My lovely sleeve friend...

God that surgeon is a right knob head... 9MTHS FFS!!! He wants to take a lil walk into realityville!!!

But enough of him... thank you for your kind words, they mean a lot to me. There are soooo many brilliant stories on here, where peeps are lucky enough to have the weight fade away. But I have noticed, of late, that there are a lot of stall posts, which is why I decided to post this and to fly the flag for the 'slow loser army'!! I've always like the saying 'this isn't a sprint but a marathon' ... and with over 100lbs to lose that is so very true!

I am at the stage now, where the frustration is minimal and I know, in my heart, that I have done EVERYTHING I can to lose fast, but my body and my hormones don't like it... so I will just rock on, doing what I am doing and get there eventually!

You've have done really well with your weight loss... and I know you will be at goal very soon...

Thank you for my lovely comments, I really appreciate the kind words and encouragement... just come back from doing a bit of shopping.... bought a dress on the off chance as it was a bargain... it is a UK size 14 and *drum roll please* it FITS!!! Yey... not only does it fit, but it looks nice too... just looking for some boots to wear with it now...lol...

I am really looking forward to that goal post and will, of course, include some updated pics!! Don't hold your breath though, cos I am jogging, not running...

HUGS xx

Oh coops! I am so happy for you!! You look great in your profile pic and really small!!

You will get there, we all will! Hugs to you. Keep on keepin on girl!!

Kelly :)

Coops, you know I don't have to say how much you have helped me personally in my journey so far. I am on that boat of slow losers and sometimes I get down about it and you have inspired me on many an occasion to keep going and to stay positive. So that is what I have done and will continue to do. I am 20lbs from my surgeons goal and 30 from my personal *quit smoking* goal. I don't care how long it takes for the rest to come off just as long as it does and in the mean time I'm going to stay fit and work hard. Oh and btw, girlie, I WANT TO SEE PICS OF THE DRESS!!!! Ooops did I say that too loud? Oh well, had to make sure you heard that across the pond! Congratulations on all your success!

WHOOOHOOOOO COOPS!!!!!!

I just love ya girlie, and YOU ROCK!!!! You're such an inspirational wonderful person here, and you just keep on fighting and doing your thing. I have so much respect for you and I for one can not wait to hear your screams from across that big pond!!!

I just know this, that no matter how fast or how slow we get there, the main goal and focus is to just GET THERE. I've made a million goals along the way, and even though I say I'm at goal I just keep making new ones. Nothing wrong with that either. Perhaps we will hit our goals at the same time... heehee :-D I'll save the awesome GOAL thread for you though. I think I've done enough around here. I just keep doing what I do.

BIG BIG HUGS!!!! :D:D:D:D:D

Thanks for sharing ! Good for you!!!!!

Thanks for the new replies... I really don't feel like an inspiration as I trundle along... and sometime I hold back from posting 'cos I am not at goal yet - especially when others get to goal and exceed it in less time - however, things are slowly changing in my head and I am just feeling more positive.

The main reason I am struggling onwards to get rid of as much weight as I can is 'cos of the menopause symptoms I am having. My menopause doc said the more I lose the better long term and my surgeon and GP agreed... the whole reason for this sleeve was to make me healthy and fitter; to have a better quality of life ...so I battle on. Onwards and downwards!

Oh and when I wear my new, size 14 dress, I will take a pic and post it...lol =]

OOOO... and I forgot to mention.. I am only a few pounds from being 'overweight' as per that stupid BMI chart... that will be my next 'goal'!! xx

Coop, I remember when that little sun on your ticker was not even at the half way point yet, and now look where it is! And that 2-3 pounds every 5-6 weeks is faster than I am losing right now. You ARE rocking it.

I am having thinking right now that I have lost everything I will lose... and then think maybe I will lose more....one and off, back and forth.

I just bought a REAL coat for winter, a Calvin Klein I found on sale that looks sooo cute... I must have been thinking I would stay this size when I bought it.... hope I look good in it after I lose the rest of the weight! I can't wait to see your new cute dress!

You remind me that yes...it is still coming off... just slowly. Thanks Coop