Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Goal is so close I can almost feel it...

Coop, I remember when that little sun on your ticker was not even at the half way point yet, and now look where it is! And that 2-3 pounds every 5-6 weeks is faster than I am losing right now. You ARE rocking it.

I am having thinking right now that I have lost everything I will lose... and then think maybe I will lose more....one and off, back and forth.

I just bought a REAL coat for winter, a Calvin Klein I found on sale that looks sooo cute... I must have been thinking I would stay this size when I bought it.... hope I look good in it after I lose the rest of the weight! I can't wait to see your new cute dress!

You remind me that yes...it is still coming off... just slowly. Thanks Coop

Hey Feedyoureye...

Ha... thanks for reminding me how far I have come... God the half way point feels like such a long time ago now! I really am accepthing this slow weight loss thing now... and it is ok. I wish I had embraced it before instead of wasting many, many hours feelling upset and frustrated moaning and groaning. Simply, I have NEVER been successful before the sleeve... I think that has been my problem and because I related success with goal, I didn't feel successful. It has taken me over 6mths to realise that any weight loss is a success and it translates into a better state of health and well being.

NOW, look AT your TICKER... YOUR bmi IS amazing!! That must be a great feeling! And a posh coat too... I am loving that and I am positive it will look as good on you at goal as it does now... perhaps you should put a pic on here too...

Keep doing what you are doing and we will Celebrate together!! xx

Hey Feedyoureye...

Ha... thanks for reminding me how far I have come... God the half way point feels like such a long time ago now! I really am accepthing this slow weight loss thing now... and it is ok. I wish I had embraced it before instead of wasting many, many hours feelling upset and frustrated moaning and groaning. Simply, I have NEVER been successful before the sleeve... I think that has been my problem and because I related success with goal, I didn't feel successful. It has taken me over 6mths to realise that any weight loss is a success and it translates into a better state of health and well being.

NOW, look AT your TICKER... YOUR bmi IS amazing!! That must be a great feeling! And a posh coat too... I am loving that and I am positive it will look as good on you at goal as it does now... perhaps you should put a pic on here too...

Keep doing what you are doing and we will Celebrate together!! xx

Thanks girl!

I really don't feel like an inspiration as I trundle along... and sometime I hold back from posting 'cos I am not at goal yet - especially when others get to goal and exceed it in less time -

That is sad Coops. We come here to get all sides of the story. Please don't hold back from posting. I have learned a lot by reading your positive posts and the ones when you were trying to sound positive but the frustration came through. :P

You are persistent and friendly. If that is not inspirational, I don't know what it.

That is sad Coops. We come here to get all sides of the story. Please don't hold back from posting. I have learned a lot by reading your positive posts and the ones when you were trying to sound positive but the frustration came through. :P

You are persistent and friendly. If that is not inspirational, I don't know what it.

THANK YOU you've made my night =]...

It really is a learning curve this, both physically and mentally. I have challenged and changed the way I eat and exercise and now I am trying to do the same with the way I perceive myself. I often doubt whether my opinions are worthy and I am starting to realise that they are!!

Hey Coops! I just wanted to say that through your posts I was helped so much. There were (and are) times when I just want to chuck it all and eat junk but then I would remember that you have stuck with exercising, eating right, and persisting despite losing slowly when I am sure I would have given up. You are a strong, gutsy lady and thank you for posting so honestly about your ups and downs. You truly are an inspiration.

Coops, you matter soooo much on here....so to hear you hold back your posts makes me sad. I love reading your posts!!! Maybe there ARE lots of people that got to goal faster, but I bet there are many many more that have given up on making goal because they were losing to slowly for their liking. You are such a fighter and we love that about you!! Keep on truckin' - you'll make it there. And when you do we'll hold a cyber party!!!!! ; )

Thank you all sooooo much for your comments, they really have made me smile. It is good to have this place, to 'chew the fat' with others who know exactly where I am coming from. Non-sleevers and those who don't know about my surgery don't really understand the frustration of slow weight loss when you have a tiny tummy and eat around 1000 cals a day!!

I have had some lovely comments recently and they help to keep me positive... and I must say that I am, at last, starting to believe peeps when they say I am looking good. A lot of peeps don't believe me when I tell them what size I am or what I weigh... that is a good feeling too... mind, perhaps that explains why I am down on myself so much 'cos I don't see that smaller me that often... I am working on that!!

Lila,

My lovely sleeve friend...

God that surgeon is a right knob head... 9MTHS FFS!!! He wants to take a lil walk into realityville!!!

But enough of him... thank you for your kind words, they mean a lot to me. There are soooo many brilliant stories on here, where peeps are lucky enough to have the weight fade away. But I have noticed, of late, that there are a lot of stall posts, which is why I decided to post this and to fly the flag for the 'slow loser army'!! I've always like the saying 'this isn't a sprint but a marathon' ... and with over 100lbs to lose that is so very true!

I am at the stage now, where the frustration is minimal and I know, in my heart, that I have done EVERYTHING I can to lose fast, but my body and my hormones don't like it... so I will just rock on, doing what I am doing and get there eventually!

You've have done really well with your weight loss... and I know you will be at goal very soon...

Awww, Coops, you are just the best! Thank you for your positivity! I totally agree that it's hard to feel that you've lost weight sometimes, but I can tell from your picture that you are looking GREAT! Also, I wanted to echo the other folks who said, "DON'T HOLD BACK!" I love your posts and your humor, and just your lovely spirit! many hugs to you, lovely lady!

xoxo

Coops you are such an inspiration! Congrats on all your success so far and I KNOW you will reach your surgeon's goal and your personal goal in no time :)

YAY Coops! I *thought* your ticker was moving along, but I wasn't sure if my eyes were deceiving me or not. Thank you so much for sharing your story with us, struggles and triumphs along the way. I am SO glad you are feeling more positive and sucessful.

I too have had learn about patience...working my sleeve and still not getting that payoff of the scale, watching other race to goal in 6 or 9 months and wonder "am I doing something wrong?" even when I know that I am not. It is a harsh struggle indeed, but thankfully I've had you leading the way and sharing your insight. I'm approaching my one year soon and I hear so much about that "honeymoon period" and wonder if my honeymoon was over during the 4th month ...lol. :whatchutalkingabout

But no matter, honeymoon or not, I have this tool for the rest of my life. Even if it takes me 2 years to get to goal, I am determined to get there. And the upside is that now the hardest work is done...meaning the bulk of most of the weight that I need to lose is gone. I get to shop in normal stores (plus size banished forever!!!), I get to like what I see looking back at me in the mirror, so even though I still have 45lbs to go, I'm going to enjoy this part of the journey much more, because I'm happy, healthier and more fit than I've ever been in my life.

So keep that in mind, the worst is over for us and the best is yet to come!!! :present:

YAY Coops! I *thought* your ticker was moving along, but I wasn't sure if my eyes were deceiving me or not. Thank you so much for sharing your story with us, struggles and triumphs along the way. I am SO glad you are feeling more positive and sucessful.

I too have had learn about patience...working my sleeve and still not getting that payoff of the scale, watching other race to goal in 6 or 9 months and wonder "am I doing something wrong?" even when I know that I am not. It is a harsh struggle indeed, but thankfully I've had you leading the way and sharing your insight. I'm approaching my one year soon and I hear so much about that "honeymoon period" and wonder if my honeymoon was over during the 4th month ...lol. :whatchutalkingabout

But no matter, honeymoon or not, I have this tool for the rest of my life. Even if it takes me 2 years to get to goal, I am determined to get there. And the upside is that now the hardest work is done...meaning the bulk of most of the weight that I need to lose is gone. I get to shop in normal stores (plus size banished forever!!!), I get to like what I see looking back at me in the mirror, so even though I still have 45lbs to go, I'm going to enjoy this part of the journey much more, because I'm happy, healthier and more fit than I've ever been in my life.

So keep that in mind, the worst is over for us and the best is yet to come!!! :present:

Hey M2Gs ...

I truly don't believe that I can't lose all my weight now... and am more than happy to plod along! Yes, sure it would have been nice to do it in double quick time, but pn reflection, my head wouldn't have coped with that. Emotionally and mentally I am now in a much better place! My surgeon said that the first 2 years is the 'window of opportunity' so that has taken a bit of pressure away.

You have done sooooo well and I know you will continue to do so... we are both in this for the long haul and we have that determination that will see us to the winning line. Boy that is gonna be one hell of a party!!

hugs

Hey M2Gs ...

I truly don't believe that I can't lose all my weight now... and am more than happy to plod along! Yes, sure it would have been nice to do it in double quick time, but pn reflection, my head wouldn't have coped with that. Emotionally and mentally I am now in a much better place! My surgeon said that the first 2 years is the 'window of opportunity' so that has taken a bit of pressure away.

You have done sooooo well and I know you will continue to do so... we are both in this for the long haul and we have that determination that will see us to the winning line. Boy that is gonna be one hell of a party!!

hugs

I love what you said about no longer worrying that you won't reach goal...YOU will and YOU can and YOU and I will definitely have one hell of a party when we get there! :success1:

Thank you for my lovely comments, I really appreciate the kind words and encouragement... just come back from doing a bit of shopping.... bought a dress on the off chance as it was a bargain... it is a UK size 14 and *drum roll please* it FITS!!! Yey... not only does it fit, but it looks nice too... just looking for some boots to wear with it now...lol...

I am really looking forward to that goal post and will, of course, include some updated pics!! Don't hold your breath though, cos I am jogging, not running...

HUGS xx

Yayyyy Coops! :)