Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Is this TOO good to be true repost from OH

recieve this email due to an inquiry about jaime Ponce de leon.

Here's the email

The Package Includes

$250 usd airfare credir

All Medical Fees Pre Op testing 2 Nights at the Hospital (www.INTHospital.us) 1 night at our Recovery center

What we can do to help you is the following on the top of our site we have a financing link

www.drjaimeponcedeleon.com you can apply for financing and get an answer in 24 hours

Total cost.......$4500

I love the price but does this surgeon have a good rep.

I couldnt find hardly anything on this surgeon. I rather hear mix reviews then nothing at all. Wheres his patients?

Yes, I would search all the gastric sleeve forums, here, OH, Gastric Sleeve and also google. I've seen the name but I don't remember or know anything about his reputation or skills. I would verify whether or not that price is for the sleeve or lapband, cuz a lot of the drs do both and sometimes the quotes are for the lapband. Good luck!!

:)

I verified and the price was definitely for the sleeve. I mean I really need this surgery but if it means getting chop into pieces I will just have to keep yoyo dieting

WHAT DO YOU THINK?...what do you think?..

Here's the email

The Package Includes

$250 usd airfare credir

All Medical Fees Pre Op testing 2 Nights at the Hospital (www.INTHospital.us) 1 night at our Recovery center

What we can do to help you is the following on the top of our site we have a financing link

www.drjaimeponcedeleon.com you can apply for financing and get an answer in 24 hours

Total cost.......$4500

I don't understand why if a surgery is offered for a certain price that it means you are going to be, "chopped to pieces." I don't personally find that to be a realistic thing to say. It is extreme and frightening. These are surgeons. They go to school forEVER. They are qualified to perform bariatric surgery. Some doctors have many years of experience and some have less. If you have less experience your price may be less as to attract more patients to gain the years of experience you need to charge more. Weight loss surgery is BIG business, as are plastic surgery and dental work in Mexico. Anywhere, for that matter. If you are going to stay in a recovery house then the overall cost is less than if you stay in a hospital.

I don't feel that it is fair to think you will be sliced and diced because the price seems, "cheap." These surgeons don't want bad press or a bad reputation...they all want to be seen as the best in the business so they can make more money and to attract more people to them.

The best advice anyone can give you is to research the living heck out of several doctors and then choose one.

Just my opinion :)

I accept your first three words...

I don't understand why if a surgery is offered for a certain price that it means you are going to be, "chopped to pieces." I don't personally find that to be a realistic thing to say. It is extreme and frightening. These are surgeons. They go to school forEVER. They are qualified to perform bariatric surgery. Some doctors have many years of experience and some have less. If you have less experience your price may be less as to attract more patients to gain the years of experience you need to charge more. Weight loss surgery is BIG business, as are plastic surgery and dental work in Mexico. Anywhere, for that matter. If you are going to stay in a recovery house then the overall cost is less than if you stay in a hospital.

I don't feel that it is fair to think you will be sliced and diced because the price seems, "cheap." These surgeons don't want bad press or a bad reputation...they all want to be seen as the best in the business so they can make more money and to attract more people to them.

The best advice anyone can give you is to research the living heck out of several doctors and then choose one.

Just my opinion :)

WOW Drama!!

Ok, IMHO I would go to a more known surgeon. There are several on here that charge around the same price for everything and there are TONS of Mexico patients on here that could tell you of their experiences. Good luck on whatever decision you make.wink.gif

I'm just having some fun, and it occurs to me that as fatties, past and present, we have been marginalized for years in our lives, both by others and ourselves and have not allowed ourselves to have an opinion that would draw any more attention to ourselves than we already had. Then when these forums come along with agreeable and disagreeable information, opinions and remarks, we want to let loose what has been pent up for so long. We want to have our opinions heard. We need to have our opinions heard. So I support drama, disagreements, and outrageous views. Pix on those that have to block others, because they don't understand the need to spread wings so long folded up in shame. I just try and remember that we all have suffered in the same way and all seek to normalize our lives. Let the games begin!

WOW Drama!!

Ok, IMHO I would go to a more known surgeon. There are several on here that charge around the same price for everything and there are TONS of Mexico patients on here that could tell you of their experiences. Good luck on whatever decision you make.wink.gif

No drama.. just a comment.

:)

I'm just having some fun, and it occurs to me that as fatties, past and present, we have been marginalized for years in our lives, both by others and ourselves and have not allowed ourselves to have an opinion that would draw any more attention to ourselves than we already had. Then when these forums come along with agreeable and disagreeable information, opinions and remarks, we want to let loose what has been pent up for so long. We want to have our opinions heard. We need to have our opinions heard. So I support drama, disagreements, and outrageous views. Pix on those that have to block others, because they don't understand the need to spread wings so long folded up in shame. I just try and remember that we all shave suffered in the same way and all seek to normalize our lives. Let the games begin!

So what happened? Did you choose him? I checked him out and he got good reviews on Obesity Help. He's been doing it a while and looks like he has the experience and credentials.

Here's the email

The Package Includes

$250 usd airfare credir

Total cost.......$4500

He did my surgery on 10/14 and I had no problems at all. He was very professional and did my sleeve with no pain afterward. Everything went perfect. I would definitely recommend him.

The main thing to remember is that YOU have to feel comfortable with whom you choose. Do as much research as you can. Ask about mortality rates, infection rates, anything you can think of. I agree there's so much stigma about leaving the U.S. for surgery, but when it comes down to it, Medical Tourism is the answer for many folks if they can afford it. I myself went to Mexico for my surgery and felt like i was treated with more compassion and sincerity that the times I've been treated here in the U.S. Just trust in your instincts and do what feels right.