Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

First Time eating out

Went to a old seafood restaurant we like, first time in 2 months with the wife. This is my first food outside of the house. I ordered a shrimp & oyster platter with a side of greens. I was confused. I knew I was ordering to much BUT knew I had supper & lunch tomorrow. Well I ate 2 small oysters & one shrimp & WAS STUFFED! I knew I couldn't eat much but was still surprised but pleased. Ate 2 shrimp for supper, I love greens but they fill me up FAST. So I stayed with the shrimp.

Anyone else been surprised at a restaurant?

So glad you had a good experience. I bet it was some great tasting seafood too. Do you savor your food more now than before? I do, I think its because we eat so little of it now that we can actually appreciate the taste now.

My first restaurant experience was on a business trip for work and a colleague and I went out to dinner. I ordered a bowl of chili, (should have gotten a cup) and I didn't eat more than 4 Soup spoons of it. I was worried about eating too much and getting sick so I ate so little that my companion noticed. I made some excuse about not feeling well, went back to my hotel room, and had a Protein Shake with the powder I'd brought.

You are right the food is very good now. I taste it. I found out pepper or anything spicy is really strong now. Before it never bothered me. The chili bowl story is funny. I told the wife I need to order very small items from now on. Cup sounds right.

The first time my DH and I went to our favorite seafood restaurant, I ate 2 boiled shrimp with remoulade sauce and was completely stuffed! With 2 shrimp!!! It was delightful to have shrimp left for several meals from just 1 appetizer portion. :rolleyes:

My eyes are still bigger than my stomach. I usually eat four bites of whatever I order. DH and I don't usually split because we have different tastes. So I have leftovers for the next couple of meals. Eating out is a little stressful because I "want" to eat what I used too. I'm still distinguishing between real hunger and head hunger.

My eyes are still bigger than my stomach. I usually eat four bites of whatever I order. DH and I don't usually split because we have different tastes. So I have leftovers for the next couple of meals. Eating out is a little stressful because I "want" to eat what I used too. I'm still distinguishing between real hunger and head hunger.

Yea me too! I'm going to have to force myself to order small.