Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Introduce Yourselves!!

Welcome everyone, Kalimomof3 I had my surgery done at Wilford hall, same people as Sammc you will love that group and the support group. WHen I went 1 and a half years ago you had to go to the nutrition classes for 6 months ugh! I was kind of a waste of time I am so glad they changed it to 3 months for you. If you have any questions about Sammc just send me a note.

Hi guys I'm in GA fort Stewart I'm having mines T the mtf and hopefully everything goes well :)

Hi guys I'm in GA fort Stewart I'm having mines T the mtf and hopefully everything goes well :)

Welcome Armywif33 :)

Hello All,

I am Sara and I live in SoCal, where my husband is stationed at Naval Base SD. I have started the process at Balboa Hospital (Naval Hospital) and I will hopefully have a surgery date by the middle of February. I am super excited to get this done!!

I have an eye disease called pseudo tumor ceribri and the nurses and nutritionists taking care of me are trying to push my case through the whole process quickly so that I can save my eye balls!! So far, I am moving at a very fast pace. Since Nov 9, I have had 2-3 doctor appointments a week that are related to my check list for the surgery! Thankfully, I am getting a break from the doctors for two weeks in December, for Christmas.

=)

Hello All' date='

I am Sara and I live in SoCal, where my husband is stationed at Naval Base SD. I have started the process at Balboa Hospital (Naval Hospital) and I will hopefully have a surgery date by the middle of February. I am super excited to get this done!!

I have an eye disease called pseudo tumor ceribri and the nurses and nutritionists taking care of me are trying to push my case through the whole process quickly so that I can save my eye balls!! So far, I am moving at a very fast pace. Since Nov 9, I have had 2-3 doctor appointments a week that are related to my check list for the surgery! Thankfully, I am getting a break from the doctors for two weeks in December, for Christmas.

=)[/quote']

Hi I am an Air Force Wife. Good luck on your journey I was able to get through my checklist and sleeved in 3 months at San Antonio Military Medical Center I was sleeved Nov 7th. It is awesome that we have the opportunity to go through the MTFs and not go through all the insurance denials and BS.

Hi welcome we are stationed at fort stewart just waiting for a day, my dr said it will be in Jan

Hello,

My name is Shari. We are stationed at Ft. Lewis, WA. I had the sleeve done Nov2, 2012 at Madigan. 4 weeks out and Im stuck at a 19 lb weight loss. Have been for about 5 days now. It's getting to be extremely frustrating. I know that it takes times, but I also thought that the weight loss would be continuous. The first 2 weeks after surgery I felt like I had made a mistake. I wanted to eat, i was so tired of sipping everything, I just wanted to eat and drink normally. Even now, a month later I just want to gulp down a bottle of Water. But I have to sip or I will cause myself some serious pain. Am I the only one who feels like this?

Hey Shari,

Hang in there slow but sure wins the race. Remember sipping and chewing slowly are the best way to change your eating habits. Sometimes it is not what we eat but how we eat that gets us in to trouble. I have been stalled for quite a while nowbut still just try to take it on meal at a time. I was sleeved 18 months ago and would do it again tomorrow if I had to to it again, it has been a life changer for me. Since you can't change what is already done go with it and let the sleeve work for you. Have you started exercising yet? I find that when I am busy or when I go for a walk I am not hungry and sometimes even forget to eat and have to remind myself, now who would have ever thought that? Hang in there and get busy!!

Names Jessica I was sleeved on dec 11th 2012 at Madigan Located on Ft.lewis Wa

so far down almost 30lbs in almost 1 month

Hi Jessica welcome, wow 30 lbs thats great, I am due Jan 28 Im at GA Fort Stewart

thank you , as of today scale reads 258 i weigh myself like 3 times just to make sure lol I guess it since im still on the liquids and havent advanced to pureed foods since my stomach still wont tolerate them tomrrow ill be 1 month post op and cant wait for the next few months To pass so i can see the change

Hi everyone just checking in :) I am 2 months out and down 34 lbs since day of surgery a little on the slow side but hey I made it to onederland and it is onederful. I found out we may well be going back Down Under next fall we were in Australia before we came here to San Antonio and we have been trying to get back so I am excited! Hope everyone is doing well on their journey<3 Kali

Feel free to add me ladies, fitness pal you can add me --> fair2beslimlady

Hello all,

My name is Malinda, my husband is Army and we live in Fort Belvoir Virginia. I'm tired of the yo-yo weight loss/gain game and have an appointment to speak to my pcm about WLS on Feb.5. My bmi is 38.9 I have high blood pressure and I think sleep apnea. Hopefully I can get qualified for surgery so I can move on with my life and focus on what is important and not my weight.

Hello everyone! I am Wendy, we are stationed at Fort Gordon. I am scheduled for next Monday, 4 February with civilian doctor. Tricare was insisting on Band or RNY. I don't want either of those. I am excited and scared. So glad to have found this group! One of my biggest concerns is PCS'ing somewhere and having problems without a good WLS around. Now I can run to you guys and get referrals, military wives know EVERYTHING! :D