Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Tracking Food, Water, Vitamins, Supps and Meds

Hi,

I am newly sleeved, 4th day post op and all is going pretty well! I am now taking more meds than I did before as you add in the Multivitamin, calcium citrate, stool softener, Actigall/Ursidiol, pain med, magic mouthwash, Maalox... I never took any of these before surgery so added to my already 4 or 5 daily meds it is a lot to keep up with. I would like some kind of easy way, using my laptop to track EVERYTHING daily. I have looked at SparkPeople, Livestrong, and my daily food diary sites. I don't see where on any of these nutrition/activity tracker sites where you can add medications, and check them off as you take them. Am I missing something? It seems dumb these sites wouldnt' also add med trackers. Any advice on this and or the easiest most versital online tool to track everything! Thanks in advance!

I don't track my meds online, but my husband found me something like this at Meijer and it's perfect for my daily pills:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/images/B002VOZ5KS/ref=dp_image_text_0?ie=UTF8&n=3760901&s=hpc

I can remove each day separately and take to work in my purse. I keep it right by my computer desk so I don't forget to take any.

Thanks. I do have a couple of things like that. Since I posted, I've calmed down a bit. I do have all my meds divided into the three times a day I take them with a big list above them in my kitchen. I am still looking at Livestrong, Sparkpeople, Myfooddiary.com, etc to try and decide which one of those I might use to track what I am eating. So far, being at home after surgery has made that easy. It's when I go back to work that I am worried about. Actually, I spent hours setting Outlook up on my computer with task reminders, etc so that helps with meds too. Thanks again. If I can ever figure out how to set up a profile, and add a weight loss ticker, I will!

I don't track my meds online, but my husband found me something like this at Meijer and it's perfect for my daily pills:

http://www.amazon.co...n=3760901&s=hpc

I can remove each day separately and take to work in my purse. I keep it right by my computer desk so I don't forget to take any.

I track my Vitamins on myfitnesspal.com - have not tried to see if meds are there but could easily add them.

Hey, thanks,

I am looking at it online right now. It says the download is $29.95- does that mean that is the only fee I will pay? So, it's not like you are going to a website that just saves the info? boy what a learning curve!

I use fitday.com wink.gif

Hey, thanks,

I am looking at it online right now. It says the download is $29.95- does that mean that is the only fee I will pay? So, it's not like you are going to a website that just saves the info? boy what a learning curve!

I use the free version. wink.gif

Hmmm. there is no free version that I can see.. maybe they started charging after you started using it..it says buy now, etc, and there is no 'free option. am I missing something?

I use the free version. wink.gif

I jsut sent Fitday and email asking these questions. I wan tto be able to use an online program no matter what computer I happen to be on, where I can track daily calories, foods eaten, exercise, meds, etc.. I appreciate your help.

Hmmm. there is no free version that I can see.. maybe they started charging after you started using it..it says buy now, etc, and there is no 'free option. am I missing something?

I jsut sent Fitday and email asking these questions. I wan tto be able to use an online program no matter what computer I happen to be on, where I can track daily calories, foods eaten, exercise, meds, etc.. I appreciate your help.

really ? I don't know... I have been with them for years.

Yeah, I figured it out! My brain is still under anesthesia or something. Every website I went on today baffled me.. and I really am pretty savvy for a soon to be 50yo. I am only 4 days post op. Thanks again!

really ? I don't know... I have been with them for years.