Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I ate 2 Del Taco Tacos

Okay, first of all I had gone grocery shopping and started getting really hungry. I drove through Del Taco for lunch for Hubby and me. I was thirsty so I got a diet coke and had a few sips. When I got home I took the food in and ate about 3 bites of a taco then brought in the groceries and put them away. Then I ate the rest of the taco. When hubby came in from painting our fence I fixed his plate and gave myself another taco .. of which I figured I would eat some meat out of....well next thing I knew I ate the whole thing. I'm not over stuffed and feel satisfied beyond belief!

Now for Breakfast I had a string cheese and a couple of pita chips then tried to take a Vitamin and ended up throwing it all up. When it comes to solid meat I can eat maybe 1/4 cup at the most. And at any one sitting I can only eat about 1/2 cup of food all together.

How could I eat 2 tacos? Has anyone else experienced this?

I'm not sure, but it seems there was time between the first 3 bites, then you waited to finish til after the gro was put away. Then a little later you had the other taco. If you drank with the meal it probably helped it all slide thru.

I try really hard to not let myself get too hungry. I try to eat every 3 hrs some kind of Protein so I am not so hungry that I over eat.

I don't know how you did that--there's no way it would happen here--shoot, I just heated up 1/2 cup of chicken Soup and most of it's still sitting here--got too full too fast.

I agree with Kelly about not allowing yourself to get too hungry. Whenever I do that, I ALWAYS eat too fast, and then I have pain (or worse). Regular eating times, even if I'm not particularly hungry, are the key to keeping things level.

There was about 10 minutes between the first few bites and the last few bites and another 15 minutes before the second taco. I didn't drink while I was eating...just before. Looks like I need to stay away from tacos if they are going to slide down like that!

Each day is different in food intake for me, but one time I did get two taco bell chicken tacos down it freaked me out! Next time I went there I could barely finish one????

I agree with Myrori.. sometimes the sleeve is so weird, SOME DAYS not sometime all week for example. for me it happens around my period. But also everyone is different even when it comes to sliders, so bread is a slider for some ppl here it is not for me at all.

Pasta is a slider for some it is not for me, I get full with a bite or may be 2 max of those things, but I think veggies are sliders for me I can actually consume eggplant and okra and it can take me a while to get stuffed from them

SO I think may be just a may be Taco is a slider for ur sleeve. OR may be it was one of these days u can take in more. U also mentioned u threw up after ur Vitamins, so may be the Breakfast was gone with those too. So ur stomach was absolutely empty.

Dont freak out and dont beat urself up for it, just move on and enjoy how it tasted.

may be u should give tacos another try in a several weeks and see what will happen.

I agree with Myrori.. sometimes the sleeve is so weird, SOME DAYS not sometime all week for example. for me it happens around my period. But also everyone is different even when it comes to sliders, so bread is a slider for some ppl here it is not for me at all.

Pasta is a slider for some it is not for me, I get full with a bite or may be 2 max of those things, but I think veggies are sliders for me I can actually consume eggplant and okra and it can take me a while to get stuffed from them

SO I think may be just a may be Taco is a slider for ur sleeve. OR may be it was one of these days u can take in more. U also mentioned u threw up after ur Vitamins, so may be the breakfast was gone with those too. So ur stomach was absolutely empty.

Dont freak out and dont beat urself up for it, just move on and enjoy how it tasted.

may be u should give tacos another try in a several weeks and see what will happen.

Thank you, that makes sense. Then tonight I ate a piece of fish and got full really fast. Maybe crunchy tacos are a slider food for me.

From start to finish, did it take about an hour or more? I have found that if I'm not careful, I can eat a little, let it digest, then eat a little more, then let it digest and so on. I think this is what some call "cheating the sleeve." And it can be dangerous, this is why I really stick to 3 meals and 2 Snacks on schedule now. (and measuring or weighing helps too) I think this hasn't turned into a bad habit for me because now I don't get cravings like I used to, but it is something I have to stay conscious of so I don't over eat--over time.

I can't help answer your question but a Del Taco taco sounds yummy right now! We don't have Del Taco here but when I lived in Phoenix I loved it!! :)

I don't remember Del Taco well enough to recall how big two normal crunchy tacos are. Are they just like crunchy corn shells with a bit of hamburger, lettuce, cheese? First, the crunchier shells are total sliders for me -- flour tortillas fill me right up, but the crunchy corn ones (or tortilla chips) are easy (also: less caloric!). And the amount of actual food/meat in the tacos is probably not that much. Did you look up the nutritional info? If you just had the regular old tacos, they are only 130 cals (+ 7g protein!) each -- which means there is not much real, heavy food in there. I don't think you ate all that much in the end, and you did take some time to do it. It can freak you out sometimes, but the sleeve really does take more in on some days than others -- but chin up, you didn't do anything wrong really!

Check it out: Del Taco nutrition information

For me, it really depends on the day. Drinking before, during, or after doesn't affect how much I can eat though sometimes it can make me feel fuller faster if I drink with my meals. It certainly doesn't have the effect of washing food down out of my tummy quicker. I think it depends on the consistency of food, how much you chew, and how long you took to eat. If you had sat down and had a meal I doubt you could have gotten in 2 tacos. For instance today I had Wings and I was starving. Ate 3 wings quickly and didn't chew well and I was stuffed. Yesterday I was chatting with a friend eating at Waffle House. I had 2 pieces of bacon, an egg, and a piece of toast and was comfortable but I chewed very well and it was stretched over a longer period of time.