Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

1st trip to Costco ... what should i get?

I'm going to costco with a friend for the first time. As I've been reading threads I seem to remember several people who say they got this or that from Costco. I know I'm going to look for the Liquid Protein that someone mentioned. Also I think someone else mentioned chicken burgers.

Any other suggestions???

Here's my list:

Yasso Frozen Yogurt Bars

Kirkland Brand Turkey Breast Deli meat

" " Ham

Baby Bell Lite Cheeses

Laughing Cow Lite Swiss Wedges

Jimmy Dean Turkey Sausage Links (my whole family likes them, so big box works for us)

Beef Jerkey Original

Amylu's Sweet Carmelized chicken Burgers

Jarlsburg LIte Swiss cheese Slices

B12 sublingual Vitamins (Natures Bounty)

Calcium Citrate (Kirkland)

Childrens chewable vitamins

I haven't purchased, but need to get the Fiber packets (like Diane gave you in Mexico)

I get the devained, tail off shrimp. Yummy

Kirkland's Italian meatballs

Kirklands chicken tenderlion strips

All of the above are in the freezer section.

If you find anything new, let us know.

I buy the Kirkland chicken Tenderloins ( they are small enough that I can eat a whole one now), Gummi chewable vitamins (I can't take the Bariatric ones as they upset my stomach still to this day), Beef and Turkey Jerkey, Canned Chicken (which I use in recipes or I eat it plain with some seasoning on it when I am low on protein), Turkey and Ham lunchmeat, Babybells, Cheddar and Colby Jack sliced cheese, and I usually buy some kind of fruit there. I have a family of 5, two of which are teenagers, so costco provides great large sizes of everything and that way I don't feel like the "protein" police when the kids want to have something that I bought for me.

Congrats on your surgery! It is such a great tool! I am in the beginning of my 7th month and I am truly amazed at the tranformation that is happening with my body! I get compliments all the time on how great I look. You will too, very soon! Enjoy it!

Oh look for the canned Salmon, it comes in a group of cans like the size of tuna.< /p>

I like to get the adult Gummy Vitamins. No need to get childrens when they have the adult version.

If you have a family, a pork tenderloin with the marinade in the package are easy to cook and delicious. I cut it in half and freeze half and I still have to have company for dinner to share the half with.

I love all the cheeses as mentioned above. I also have been able to get flats of Chiboni yogurt there much cheaper than anywhere else. I like the turkey Jerky too..

I always pick up premeire Protein drinks. I would get more stuff if I lived closer. It's a 2 hour drive for me to go to costco. I should just bring a cooler.

I get their scallops. They are huge and three fill me up totally and have 20 gms of Protein and 110 calories. Also when you are a little further out, their dry-roasted almonds are a good snack. I put them it tiny baggies, eight to a bag, and put a bag in my purse when I am going to be out and about for the day. Saves me from mall or fast food temptation.

Good post! I am really glad to read something like this. It really helps give me ideas.

Heres my few go-to items at Costco:

Premier Protein drinks

Turkey and ham lunchmeat

Kirkland Pulled Pork (eat it by itself or with sauce, its already smoked and awesome)

Tasty Bites Madras Lentils (soooooo good I swear)

fruit

Hummus

Peach Salsa

Cowboy Cavier (my favorite!)

Multigrain crackers

Pita chips

I see everyone talking about cheese. My wife had been adding a little bit to Soup to add some Protein and mentioned it at our support meeting last week. The coordinator almost had a heart attack, NO CHEESE! Didn't seem how far out you were cheese was a mortal sin. What gives?

Thank you so much for this! I have always loved costco but was wondering if it was going to be worthwhile to maintain my membership once I had been sleeved. But, you all seemed to make it a ver simple decision. After all, Protein is the most expenzive food group and with all of your great suggestions I see that not only will costco still have a place in my new life, but that there are new thing you all suggested that I have yet to try. Thank you so much for this, I would have never thought to pose the question.

Ducker

One great thing about costco is that a lot of the products are packaged in single servings... like the frozen chicken tenerloins and salmon. Even the fresh chicken breasts are 2 per pouch. If you have a freezer you won't have waste. Yes the Premier Protein shakes are the BEST. and if you go to Premiers website, they have recipes. Some costco locations also carry the premier Protein Bars as well. There is one turkey deli meat in the fancy deli area that is very low calorie and very tasty.. don't recall the brand but it's worth looking for. Another thing to remember about Costco is that if you purchase a product and end up not liking it, you can return what you have left. I would suggest staying away from the food court...I looked at thier nutritional fact book (they keep it behind the counter u can ask to see it)... there is nothing healthy on the menu.

The ONLY reason I went was for the Protein shakes ... of course the one in Vegas doesn't have it. :-(

Okay ... false alarm they found some!!!! Yippeeeee I'm looking forward to tasting it.

I also got Turkey sausage, Deli meat, Baby bel cheese (lite) & chicken Burgers YUMMMYYYYYY

Question .... can you freeze Baby Bel cheese? ?