Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Typical day, typical foods

Hi all! I'm almost 3 months post op and am very curious about what all of you eat for Breakfast, lunch, dinner, and Snacks on a typical day. I really want to see if I'm kind of the same as everyone else or if I'm way out of the ball park. Also, it would be nice if I saw something new that I hadn't thought about before. Thanks in advance! :rolleyes:

I'll start! I am 4.5 months post-op.

Early morning - EAS Carbadvantage Protein shake 17 grams Protein

Breakfast - Cottage cheese (1/2 cup) , or 1/2 ham and cheese omelete. I have also had a McDonalds egg mc muffin without the top half of the muffin occasionally. Recently I have started with Kashi GoLean Cereal with 1/2 cup of 1/2 percent milk.

lunch - 2/3 cup of taco meat, or beef barbeque, or pork and Beans with hamburger. I also like spagetti sauce made with hamburger with italian chees on the top. I will also take for lunch any restaurant leftovers I have including Chinese cashew chicken, Red Lobster baked flounder, Famous Dave's BBQ chicken. I am eating about 6 oz of a "saucy" meat for lunch.

snack - In the afternoon I usually have either a 100 calorie pack of Almonds, a string cheese stick or an Atkins Protein Bar. I have the bar if I know I am going to eat dinner late.

dinner - A baked tortilla crusted lime fillet of Tilapia (from Costco), or a small beef steak, or roast pork with gravy. I also have a very small portion of vegetables (salad, green Beans, cooked carrots) or a few pieces of fruit (watermelon, grapes, cantalope, pineapple). I often eat dinner out and typically either share a meal, order an appetizer, or order a sandwich or burger without the bun. I always eat the protein first and then try a few bites of vegetable or fruit. If we eat mexican, I order meat and cheese enchilada and finish one (taking the 2nd one home). If we go chinese, I order a beef or chicken dish and have a portion of it without any rice.

Evening snack - I usually have either a frozen greek yogurt bar (Yasso from Costco) or a Healthy Choice fudge bar. At least once a week I have a kid-size no sugar/no fat ice cream from Coldstone Creamery with pecans as a mix in. Yum....

Overall, I am eating no potatoes, no bread, no crackers, no rice, no Pasta. I would love to hear what others eat!

Marie

Breakfast this morning was 1 egg scrambled with 2 TB of cottage cheese, a little bit of pepper jack cheese 2 slices of bacon and about 2 TB's of fresh salsa.

lunch is going to be Left over Taco meat (maybe 3-4oz ) with shredded cheese guacamole, salsa, and sour cream

dinner is going to be chicken breasts cooked in Pasta sauce (I'll serve cheese ravioli for everyone else too wink.gif ) with some sauteed zucchini onions and tomatoes.

Snacks: 1/2 cup of cottage cheese with a TB of raspberry jam stirred in. Probably a venti skinny vanilla latte too.

I'll also probably snack on some fresh veggies and crackers today if the mood hits too.

I love the ideas so far, this is great! Keep 'em coming!

Maria from Michigan, I have the same baked tortilla crusted lime fillet of Tilapia from costco in my freezer. It's really good except I kind of burned myself out of them for a while.

Something I enjoy having is tuna (in water), a little bit of Micracle Whip, chopped apples, and some chopped walnuts. Yum! I've even eaten this for breakfast. You can substitute canned chicken for the tuna for a variation.

Maria your menu sounds YUMMY!!! I can't believe we can eat that and lose weight!! It sounds totally normal too. Looking forward to it. I will be cutting/pasting these for future reference.

Pretty typical day for me:

BF: 1 egg omelette with a Tbspn of Wendy's chili and some shredded 2% sharp cheddar, splash of tobasco

Snack: 2 Kavlis Crispy Garlic flatbreads with 1 wedge of laughing cow cheese

Lnch: 1/2 Amylu's Carmelized Onion chicken Burger diced and sauteed with some veggies, 1 Tbspn unsalted peanuts, and just enough Kung Pow Sauce to cover

Snack: Wendy's side salad with low cal vinegarette dressing

Dinner: 3 oz Fish or chicken breast with baked Tomato slice, fresh basil and mozarella sprinkles

Dessert: Yasso Frozen Yogurt bar

My surgery date was 5/17.

Today's menu:

Breakfast: Yogurt smoothie (3/4 C. Plain Fage 0 Greek Yogurt, 2 strawberries, 1/2 c. Water, 1/8 C. orange juice)

Mid-Morning: Shot of espresso in 6 oz. plain soy milk, chugged 2 oz. soy milk

Lunch: 1 oz. Mongolian Beef, 1/2 oz. Ooolong Tea Marinated Sea Bass, 1/2 oz. salmon burger, 1/8 C. brocolli and spinach (Left-overs from dinner last night)

Dinner: 2 oz. smoked pork chop, 1/8 C. Veg-All canned vegtables

Planned Late Night: 1 C. soy milk with 1T. sugar free carmel Syrup

That gets me to 60 grams of Protein, somewhere between 600 and 800 calories, and it's pretty light on the carbs.

Lynda

Morning NEVER changes.. my tummy doesnt take food in very well in AM so I always start with EAS AdvantEdge Carb Control premixed Protein drink.. 17 grams Protein - 110 calories and 6 carbs.. can purchase at any Walmart, WalGreens, Meijers and costco.

Mid Morning I have an Atkins Protein Bar

Lunch: 1/4 cup Fat Free Cottage cheese and 1/4 cup of meat, usually imitation seafood or cubed chicken breast

afternoon snack: Beef jerkey.. I found small 1.5 oz bag of very lean Jerky, 22 grams protein, 120 calories, 4 carbs

The above hardly ever changes, it allows me to hit 70 - 76 grams protein with only approx 600 - 700 calories and under 30 carbs!

dinner is always a portion of meat of some kind, always either grilled chicken, seafood, or fish.... Sometimes I will get Taco Bell pinto's & cheese, no red sauce add meat... Yum!!! Wendy's chilli is awesome and so filling!

Hi all! I'm almost 3 months post op and am very curious about what all of you eat for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and Snacks on a typical day. I really want to see if I'm kind of the same as everyone else or if I'm way out of the ball park. Also, it would be nice if I saw something new that I hadn't thought about before. Thanks in advance! :rolleyes:

Hi! I'm almost 2 years out so my menu may look a bit different . . . I'm going to use todays menu plan

Breakfast : 2 eggs 2 pieces of bacon

coffee

lunch : 4 oz crab meat with olive mayo

1 multigrain thin round sandwich bread (those skinny round bread things)

Supper : spa lean cuisine (can't usually finish it)

snack : cherrios breakfast bar and cup of tea with real sugar and cream (the snack is eatten when i'm leaving work)

I DONT have anything except Water after 8 pm. . . .

I was sleeved 5/9/11

I usually eat what is handy for Breakfast and lunch and make something different for dinner. I measure all my food and at this point (4 months), I can not eat any more than 2 oz of Protein at a time. I rarely have room for anything else either.

I usually eat foster farms meatballs, grilled chicken, tri-tip, pot roast, scrambled egg, tuna or chicken salad, costco chicken burger, roast beef, pork chop, grilled ribeye. i have 2 oz of this for b-fast and lunch most days.

For my Snacks, I usually have peanuts, cheese, pure Protein Bars, beef Jerky, more Protein, banana or watermelon.

I also do not eat bread, rice, Pasta, etc. I occasionally will have a BITE of my husbands baked potatoe, but really don't even like it anymore.

Hope this helps!

Kelly B)

I think reading what you all wrote makes my stomach feel better, I mean just thinking of eating a chopped up hamburger, tuna, or chicken right now would be great. Im glad you posted the question for everyone so I can take notes.

hello, I'm almost 10 months in a few days but I don't think I eat more than I did since I was 4 or 5 months out, I hope it stays that way.

for breakfast I have a egg with cheese almost everyday

lunch I have turkey breast with swiss cheese about 3 oz and avacado slices, or left overs from dinner

snack string cheese or cottage cheese or the rest of my lunch

dinner whatever I make for my family, chicken, steak, chili, etc.

snack- magic pop cracker (my favorite one big cracker has 15 calories with 4 grams of carbs) with Peanut Butter or hummas or salsa

I usually have a little fruit and vegatable during the day. I don't eat much breads, Pasta, or rice- it bothers my stomach.

I do two or three times a week have a sweet, I think it helps me stay eating healthy the rest of the time.

first thing: Protein shake made with instant Decaf coffee

breakfast: 1/2 C cottage cheese or 1 egg or 2 egg white omelet

lunch: 1/2C cottage cheese, tuna salad, chicken salad, deli meat and a string cheese, a few shrimp

dinner: whatever the family is having minus the carbs or I'll toss some shrimp, a tilapia fillet or salmon fillet in a pan and cook it quickly.

I'm still fairly early out and cant eat too much yet, but I'll likely eat the same things as I go, but I'll add some veggies to eat. I actually tried a little salad this week and it was delicious and sat well, so I may be adding salad with grilled chicken or shrimp to my regular menu.

I go to school full time and have 5 kids that I carpool all over, so I don't find the time to snack lately. I do keep track to make sure i'm getting in all Protein and fluids though.

I notice that a lot of people are eating red meat early, i.e. hamburger. My doctor said I can't have red meat for 4 to 5 months. Has anyone else been on a restriction from red meat this long?