Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Today I have been sleeved for 3 weeks. I have some really annoying pain on my left side that wraps around to the left side of my back and just hurts all day long unless I'm standing. Has anyone had the same thing? If so, how long does it last?

I thought maybe it was the stitch I pulled and maybe over-compensating with those other muscles but I just don't know. Someone please help.:(

PS. The scale says that I have only lost 2lbs this week (but Aunt Flo is in the house too).<_<

I'm a huge wimp so I would call my doc's office if I had pain, especially 3 weeks out. It's always better to be overly cautious.

I totally have the same pain I especially notice it when I am driving. I just chalked it up to everything still healing. I am almost a month out and I notice the pain too. If anyone can answer our question that would be great ;) nice to know I am not alone!

I have had a pretty consistent pain in lower right back just put on Salon Paz Patches. I attribute some to lack of gym exercise in three weeks. Just back to my personal trainer yesterday and feeling a little better. May just need to get some stretching and massage, check with your doctor.

I totally have the same pain I especially notice it when I am driving. I just chalked it up to everything still healing. I am almost a month out and I notice the pain too. If anyone can answer our question that would be great ;) nice to know I am not alone!

BINGO! Hurts when I'm driving the most and when I sit at my desk. No pain when I stand or lay down. Craziness!

I had a similar problem. Sitting could be excruciating but standing would relieve the pain. It came and went for several weeks. At the height of the pain I went to the ER and had a cat scan. I was constipated so thought that was it. After looking back now that the pain is gone I believe I had an adhesion that I kept pulling. The pain has been gone for a few weeks now and I feel good. Hang in there!

I had a similar problem. Sitting could be excruciating but standing would relieve the pain. It came and went for several weeks. At the height of the pain I went to the ER and had a cat scan. I was constipated so thought that was it. After looking back now that the pain is gone I believe I had an adhesion that I kept pulling. The pain has been gone for a few weeks now and I feel good. Hang in there!

Thanks! I did actually pull the muscle stitches next to my belly button. I thought this might be the case but at the same time thought surely it doesn't take this long to heal. Maybe it does????

Do you think you could have pulled stitches too?

Today I have been sleeved for 3 weeks. I have some really annoying pain on my left side that wraps around to the left side of my back and just hurts all day long unless I'm standing. Has anyone had the same thing? If so, how long does it last?

I thought maybe it was the stitch I pulled and maybe over-compensating with those other muscles but I just don't know. Someone please help.:(

PS. The scale says that I have only lost 2lbs this week (but Aunt Flo is in the house too).dry.gif

I have loved reading through this site and this is my first post. Ironcially, I was logging in today for the very same reason you posted, Julie (it is so comforting to know we're not alone)! I'm two weeks post op and about 4 or 5 days ago developed the same pain you describe - left side, wraps around to left side of back, etc. The pain is not as bad as the fear of not knowing what it is, so, again - so glad for this site. The first week post op, I had middle back pain and the doctor said that was probably due to having been in a certain position during surgery. He said your muscles can get stiff and sore. That pain went away. Now, I have this pain that is dull, but constant. I don't really notice a difference b/w standing and sitting. I'm sitting now and it hurts - I'll pay better attention to the pain while standing/walking when I head to the grocery store in a bit. Every now and then I'll get what I would describe as a spasm (same area) which lasts less than a second, but other than that, it's the dull constant ache on the left side. My (non-VSG) friends tell me I've pulled a muscle. I've pulled muscles in the past, and that is not how this feels. I was wonddring if it had anything to do with the kidney on my left side. It sort of remotely feels similar to the feeling you get when you wake up and your baldder's full, but the pain is not down by my bladder, and it's only on one side. I saw someone post that it might be gas related, and, while I'm not certain, it certainly feels more gas related than pulled muscle related. I'm going to try some over the counter gas relief and see if that helps.

I apologize for the length of my post. Sadly, I'm one of those people who has hypocondriac tendencies and gets paranoid easily (a joy to my family)! So any other replies or posts on your progress would be greatly appreciated.

Holly

P.S. Can I count the weight I lost when I was on the pre-op liquid diet as part of my overall weight loss? If so, I'm 27 lbs down and happy!

Think all weight loss counts. Part of back pain may be rapid weight loss in first two weeks compounded by reduced exercising/stretching and low Protein intake. Human body not geared for that speed in changes. Feel little better now that I am back with trainer

Mabye we could have pulled stitches I was no so smart by going back to culinary school at 6 days out lol so it is possible here's to both of us for healing eventually! hugs to you

I have loved reading through this site and this is my first post. Ironcially, I was logging in today for the very same reason you posted, Julie (it is so comforting to know we're not alone)! I'm two weeks post op and about 4 or 5 days ago developed the same pain you describe - left side, wraps around to left side of back, etc. The pain is not as bad as the fear of not knowing what it is, so, again - so glad for this site. The first week post op, I had middle back pain and the doctor said that was probably due to having been in a certain position during surgery. He said your muscles can get stiff and sore. That pain went away. Now, I have this pain that is dull, but constant. I don't really notice a difference b/w standing and sitting. I'm sitting now and it hurts - I'll pay better attention to the pain while standing/walking when I head to the grocery store in a bit. Every now and then I'll get what I would describe as a spasm (same area) which lasts less than a second, but other than that, it's the dull constant ache on the left side. My (non-VSG) friends tell me I've pulled a muscle. I've pulled muscles in the past, and that is not how this feels. I was wonddring if it had anything to do with the kidney on my left side. It sort of remotely feels similar to the feeling you get when you wake up and your baldder's full, but the pain is not down by my bladder, and it's only on one side. I saw someone post that it might be gas related, and, while I'm not certain, it certainly feels more gas related than pulled muscle related. I'm going to try some over the counter gas relief and see if that helps.

I apologize for the length of my post. Sadly, I'm one of those people who has hypocondriac tendencies and gets paranoid easily (a joy to my family)! So any other replies or posts on your progress would be greatly appreciated.

Holly

P.S. Can I count the weight I lost when I was on the pre-op liquid diet as part of my overall weight loss? If so, I'm 27 lbs down and happy!

I am feeling a million times better this week. All of my pain is just about gone. This Thursday will be 4 weeks. I feel great now!

I did have a lot of gas with my TOM last week but it has gotten better too. So I wouldn't count out the gas theory. However, I have never had gas that felt quiet like that and no matter how much I gas I got rid of(:huh:) it didn't really seem to help.

I hope you feel better soon as well!