Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Thank You Gift for Surgeon, Any Ideas

I'm approaching my banding birthday. In fact, I see my surgeon on my exact anniversary. I'd like to take the staff a small token of my appreciation for the new life I have received.

Brownies seem somehow inappropriate:biggrin1: But I would like to take something. I'm fairly handy, but can't think of anything crafty to take so I'm wondering if any of you have any ideas. Or am I just silly to think of giving a Thank You to them.

I worked in a med office and we were not allowed to take gifts from patients. You may want to hint around to see if you can first.

Yup as a medical professional "personal gifts" from patients were and still are a NO NO.

If you give the "whole" staff something as a group then that is acceptible since you are not singling out one particular person.

I know when I worked as an RN I LOVED getting fruit trays, sweets, Bagels and cream cheese, anything that the whole group could share. Every Christmas I send Godiva chocolates to the day shift nurses and some to the night shift nurses where I used to work. That is acceptible.

Crafty stuff is cute and nice and appreciated, but unless you can eat it forget about it. LOL!! That was our mantra. FEED US!! LOL!!

I sent a bouquet of cookie flowers to the staff that delivered my daughter on her first b-day, they loved it. I got a thank you card siged by each staff member. ~Mandy

My brother is a surgeon and I noticed at his house he had displayed a personal note from a patient. It was not on any special stationary and the words were misspelled (?), but the sentiment of appreciation meant alot to him. I think kind words of appreciation are the best gesture you can give!

I would think something non-edible. Seems wrong, somehow. My vote goes for flowers or a thank you card. Cards get posted on the bulletin board on my office. A plant in a hand-made basket, a gift to a charity in their name, buy them a star with their name (an in the sky star, not a craft).

What about a nice plant? My surgeons office has plants everywhere, some have thank you cards taped to the pots. ~Mandy

I once got an "award" from a patient. He bought a "certificate of acheivement" and had it made out to me congratulating me on my "outstanding acheivement" of making a huge difference in his life. He went on to list various attributes about me and the way I cared for him that meant alot to him. He had it framed and everything. I CRIED when he gave it to me and it is one of my most precious treasures to this day. As a medical professional you mostly hear when people are angry. Thank yous dont come much because caring for patients is expected of us. Anything you do for him he will appreciate.

Kathy

I always like to give Harry and David fruit. Depending on how much you want to spend you could give a something like a box of rainier cherries (these are just in as I got mine today). Or, you could be more extravagant and give a couple of months of fruit. They have all sorts of options. The Figs are just in too and are breathtaking.

The other thing you might do is give a gift on behalf of the surgeon's office to some charity that does good, medically-based work around the world (or, down in LA). That might be meaningful and would be put to really good use.

Luck!

Coco

What about an edible arraignment??? They are fruits in the shape of flowers. It was a big hit in our office when our pt sent us one. Its totally healthy, yummy, and adorable. They're website is www.ediblearraignments.com, and they come in different sizes, so you can ensure that youre sending enough for everyone.

lighter02, that link is not a good one, do you have the correct one? ~Mandy

I gave a basket to the bariatric center earlier this year b/c they helped me out with my child b/c of poor communication on their end when I made an appt....I had told them I had to bring my son at that time. Well, they all pitched in and gave him red carpet babysitting for a short period of time.

The basket I put together was a wire heart basket from Wal-Mart and I filled it with many goodies from my spa business.....BeautiControl. http://www.beautipage.com/peacefulreflections/ I included instant manicure stuff, hand creams, foot creams, body lotions and such. I made sure I included enough for every person to have at least one bottle to take home or they could use just about everything in the office.

You know, I didn't think about this for the surgeons office. Next time I go, I will have to take them a basket of goodies too.

Good luck in what ever you decide to do. I'm sure it will mean a lot to just be appreciated. I think that is missing too much in today's world.....then again, so is customer service too often.

Since you're crafty, why not decorate a nice basket and then put in things for the entire staff. You could do poupouri sachets for the staff bathroom, little pins for staff to wear on labcoats, memo pads with colorful banners, gourmet coffees (medical people LOVE coffee), some boxed crackers and Cookies, hard candies in little dishes, etc.

I think a handcrafted note of thanks put in a frame where they could possibly post it in the office would be a great way to let new or potential patients what a wonderful experience you had. It's simple, from the heart, and everlasting.