Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Garcia Govea--anyone know anything?

I was scheduled to have my VSG with Dr. Kelly on October 24 but my coordinator just called and said he has meetings that week & will be unable to do it. I have already purchased my plane tickets & made arrangements for my kids--so the coordinator gave me the option of using Dr. Garcia. Does anyone know anything about this Dr? I did a lot of research before I choose Dr. Kelly but so far I cannot find many with experience with Dr. Garcia. I am just trying to decided if I stick with Dr. Kelly (what I am leaning toward right now) and change my ticket no matter the cost or go with Dr. Garcia? Any comments would help. Thanks!!

I WAS LOOKING FOR INFORMATION ON DR. GARCIA AND DR. LOPEZ.? DID U HAVE ANY LUCK.?

Who is your coordinator?? I would not go with a dr that I had not been able to research or if I didn't feel 100% comfortable. I would contact Trish directly and let her know your situation and verify what has happened. Perhaps she can ask Dr Kelly his advise on the situation, They may be able to help you out some way. It doesn't make sense they would schedule you then schedule a meeting the same day.

Good luck!

:)

I was scheduled to have my VSG with Dr. Kelly on October 24 but my coordinator just called and said he has meetings that week & will be unable to do it. I have already purchased my plane tickets & made arrangements for my kids--so the coordinator gave me the option of using Dr. Garcia. Does anyone know anything about this Dr? I did a lot of research before I choose Dr. Kelly but so far I cannot find many with experience with Dr. Garcia. I am just trying to decided if I stick with Dr. Kelly (what I am leaning toward right now) and change my ticket no matter the cost or go with Dr. Garcia? Any comments would help. Thanks!!

Hello mommy2six, I had a vertical sleeve gastrectomy on the 15th of August with Dr. Garcia. Up to now, I don't have anything negative to say about my experience in Tijuana. Dr. Garcia did a wonderful job, as did Dr. Cabreira (Anesth), Dr. Velazco (Gastro), Dr. Romero (Gastro), all of the nurses, and all of the ancillary staff. The other patients who had surgery that day related similar experiences as well. The hospital is small, and the staff are extremely personable and competent. I was treated with dignity and respect from the time I arrived. Ricardo will pick you up at the airport, and he will instantly become your best friend. The only thing I found difficult was a slight language barrier within the hospital, but there was always someone nearby that spoke fluent English. The Hotel Ticuan is very nice. I was very comfortable, I am 12 days post-op and I have lost 24 pounds. I feel like a million bucks, and I am very much looking forward to the next few months, as the weight continues to pour off. Based on my personal experience in Tijuana, I would encourage anyone who is considering a "sleeve" with Dr. Garcia to do it. I would do it again in a heartbeat. Good luck with your decision. I hope this post was helpful.

I WAS LOOKING FOR INFORMATION ON DR. GARCIA AND DR. LOPEZ.? DID U HAVE ANY LUCK.?

Hi EAM, I had a great experience with Dr. Garcia. He did an outstanding job for me. I wouldn't hesitate to do it again.

Good luck, hope this helps.

Thanks so much for the comments! Thank you RGW! After much thought and prayer I decided to go with Dr. Garcia. Having six kids in various grades in school I just couldn't reschedule without some major problems. I feel good about my decision & so I am going with it. My Mom & I are doing the surgery together & my father is coming with us. My Mom feels good about what we decided as well. KellyL-- my coordinator is Christi & she has been very apologetic & more than willing to help re-schedule with Dr. Kelly if I had decided to go that way, also offering me a medical reason for the change in plane ticket. Apparently the hospital has a calandar when Dr.'s are on & when they are gone. There was some sort of mix up with that. Once again thanks for the comments!

Thanks so much for the comments! Thank you RGW! After much thought and prayer I decided to go with Dr. Garcia. Having six kids in various grades in school I just couldn't reschedule without some major problems. I feel good about my decision & so I am going with it. My Mom & I are doing the surgery together & my father is coming with us. My Mom feels good about what we decided as well. KellyL-- my coordinator is Christi & she has been very apologetic & more than willing to help re-schedule with Dr. Kelly if I had decided to go that way, also offering me a medical reason for the change in plane ticket. Apparently the hospital has a calandar when Dr.'s are on & when they are gone. There was some sort of mix up with that. Once again thanks for the comments!

I'm glad you've come to terms with your decision. I certainly don't want you to base your decision on my experience; although I am very satisfied to this point. Good luck. I sincerely hope things go well for you and your mother. I hope your experience is as positive as mine has been.

I'm glad you've come to terms with your decision. I certainly don't want you to base your decision on my experience; although I am very satisfied to this point. Good luck. I sincerely hope things go well for you and your mother. I hope your experience is as positive as mine has been.

I actually decided before reading your experience--it just felt right. Thanks for the well wishes!

Hi Mommy2six - I'm scheduled to have surgery with Dr. Garcia on Sept 14th. I was like u and couldn't find anyone who've experienced surgery with this Dr. It made me very anxious until I decided to get in contact with him myself and ask the 1001 questions that were burning in my mind. My coordinator helped me to get in contact directly. I'm so glad I did because now I feel a ton more confident about going through with it all. I'll be more than happy to share my experience with u after the surgery.

Good luck to u!

Hey RGW, I'm sooooo glad I found this forum because I've been looking for someone that knows about Dr. Garcia. I'm having surgery with him on Sept. 27th at Hospital MI Doctor. I've been looking into the Dr Garcia and the hospital but I could not find very much. So how is everything going? If you don't mind could you tell me your weight pre op? I'm trying to get an idea of how things will be with me. Thanks

Hello mommy2six, I had a vertical sleeve gastrectomy on the 15th of August with Dr. Garcia. Up to now, I don't have anything negative to say about my experience in Tijuana. Dr. Garcia did a wonderful job, as did Dr. Cabreira (Anesth), Dr. Velazco (Gastro), Dr. Romero (Gastro), all of the nurses, and all of the ancillary staff. The other patients who had surgery that day related similar experiences as well. The hospital is small, and the staff are extremely personable and competent. I was treated with dignity and respect from the time I arrived. Ricardo will pick you up at the airport, and he will instantly become your best friend. The only thing I found difficult was a slight language barrier within the hospital, but there was always someone nearby that spoke fluent English. The Hotel Ticuan is very nice. I was very comfortable, I am 12 days post-op and I have lost 24 pounds. I feel like a million bucks, and I am very much looking forward to the next few months, as the weight continues to pour off. Based on my personal experience in Tijuana, I would encourage anyone who is considering a "sleeve" with Dr. Garcia to do it. I would do it again in a heartbeat. Good luck with your decision. I hope this post was helpful.

Hey RGW, I'm sooooo glad I found this forum because I've been looking for someone that knows about Dr. Garcia. I'm having surgery with him on Sept. 27th at Hospital MI Doctor. I've been looking into the Dr Garcia and the hospital but I could not find very much. So how is everything going? If you don't mind could you tell me your weight pre op? I'm trying to get an idea of how things will be with me. Thanks

Hi Brandnew2011,

I had surgery on the 15th of Aug. I was 345# going in. I was 308# yesterday morning. Dr. Garcia was great. All of the docs, nurses and hospital staff were awesome. I have had very little pain since my first post-op day. The pain was never intolerable. The physical hunger is gone, but there is still a mental factor that is very annoying. It's getting better. I don't crave foods as much as I did a couple of weeks ago. food commercials don't bother me now. It's definitely worth it. There is not a lot of info on Dr. Garcia, but he did a fine job for me. I'm very satisfied. From the time I landed in San Diego, I didn't have to worry about anything. It's all taken care of. All you have to do is focus on your surgery. Ricardo is the courier. He will take you wherever you need to be. No worries.

I hope your procedure goes as well as mine did, and I hope you have much success. Feel free to contact me with any questions.

Wheeeew!!! Thanks alot, I feel alot better now that I have an idea of what my process will be. My current weight is 340 but I start my pre-op diet next week so hopefully I'll loose some of it, but I still have a better idea now. I'm glad to hear that your feeling good and not looking back. I'm really looking forward to my new life and being able to do so many things that other people take for granted. Best wishes to you. :D

Hi Brandnew2011,

I had surgery on the 15th of Aug. I was 345# going in. I was 308# yesterday morning. Dr. Garcia was great. All of the docs, nurses and hospital staff were awesome. I have had very little pain since my first post-op day. The pain was never intolerable. The physical hunger is gone, but there is still a mental factor that is very annoying. It's getting better. I don't crave foods as much as I did a couple of weeks ago. food commercials don't bother me now. It's definitely worth it. There is not a lot of info on Dr. Garcia, but he did a fine job for me. I'm very satisfied. From the time I landed in San Diego, I didn't have to worry about anything. It's all taken care of. All you have to do is focus on your surgery. Ricardo is the courier. He will take you wherever you need to be. No worries.

I hope your procedure goes as well as mine did, and I hope you have much success. Feel free to contact me with any questions.

Hi Mommy2six - I'm scheduled to have surgery with Dr. Garcia on Sept 14th. I was like u and couldn't find anyone who've experienced surgery with this Dr. It made me very anxious until I decided to get in contact with him myself and ask the 1001 questions that were burning in my mind. My coordinator helped me to get in contact directly. I'm so glad I did because now I feel a ton more confident about going through with it all. I'll be more than happy to share my experience with u after the surgery.

Good luck to u!

Thanks--GOOD LUCK!! I hope all goes well & I am looking forward to hearing from you. :rolleyes:

Hi guys, I too am booked to have surgery with Dr. Garcia on Nov 1st. Please come bank and share your experiences!