Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

"OMG"!! I blew right past my goal !! Gotta love this sleeve!!! LOLS

HOLY MOLY, WOMAN!!!! Dang! I don't think I've seen that kind of weight loss so fast!! :cheer2: Good for you! You are amazing!! I would be happy to lose HALF of what you lost in 6 months, lol!!!

Okay, i have to know. Did you eat anything? Did you get all your Protein? I have a friend with those kinds of results but she didnt eat at all. Advice on how you did it would be welcome. I am trying to follow all the rules and do this as healthy as possible, but I definitely want results like that!! ; )

WOW-- 6 months and 10 days and 143 pounds gone??? You are SUPER WOMAN!!! How fantastic--congratulations on achieving your goal so fast!!

Hurray! We are all proud and stand in admiration of you - with just a bit of jealousy and envy!

Thanks! Rootman I see you are doing pretty good yourself!

Oh wow... that's amazing... congrats to you. Way to rock it!

Thanks! SleeveGirl! I know we will be seeing you at goal soon too!!

What he said. :lol:

Thanks! Longer-life I know we will be seeing you at goal before long also! Keep up the good work!!

Bloody hell... you've lost another person in just 6mths... VERY IMPRESSIVE - and I agree with rootman; a tad shade green with envy!!

Congratulations on turning your life around... YOU ROCK LADY!! =]

Thanks! Coops but I guess I should've worded by post differently - I had lost 72 lbs. pre-op and have lost 74 lbs. post-op in 6 months, for a total of 146 lbs. I didn't want anyone to think I was superhuman or something!! LOLS :blink:

Sometimes I think loosing the weight at a slower pace makes it easier to keep it off anyway.

Congratulations!!! I'm 52 & just starting my journey--got sleeved 8/15/11.....you give me great hope for success. Early on, did you measure all of your portions, or just eat small portions until you felt full?? I'm still on soft/pureed foods & am worried that i'm not having any issues. Thanks for any suggestions you have for a fellow senior sleever!

Hi all!!! I am 6 months and 10 days Post-Op and after my workout today I decided to weigh-in just to check - LOLS !! And I am 1 lb. under my goal!! I just couldn't believe my eyes I had to step off the scale and get back on a second time just to make make sure!! LOLS!!:lol: I am just loving this sleeve is all I can say!! I am 57 years old and 5'7" tall and consider myself to be large boned. So for all you senior SLEEVERS out there this CAN be done.:D Just incase anyone is wondering. When I started this journey I was in a size 32 womens jeans. Now I can wear a size 8 or a size 10 jeans depending on the cut of the pants. I wear usually a medium top because I have large shoulders but if they are a generous cut a small sometimes. I don't EVER REMEMBER wearing a size 8 pants , possibly in grade school I would guess.

I don't want to go too much lower though but would like to have like 5 lbs. that I can "Bounce" around with. My question is then - will my weight kinda like hit a level at which I should be at all by itself? Or what does a person need to do to keep the weight at a certain point once your goal is met?

I was working out about 1 & 1/2 hours 3 days a week, but this week I cut down to 1/2 hour workouts 3 times a week to see if I could maintain without going too much lower.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!! And have a good rest of the week all!!

Okay, i have to know. Did you eat anything? Did you get all your Protein? I have a friend with those kinds of results but she didnt eat at all. Advice on how you did it would be welcome. I am trying to follow all the rules and do this as healthy as possible, but I definitely want results like that!! ; )

Hi Tinafine. I guess I didn't word my post correctly I was so excited with the total loss of 146 lbs. I had lost 72 lbs pre-op with the Medifast food and I have lost 74 lbs. post-op in 6 months with the sleeve for a total loss of 146 lbs. I didn't want anyone to think I was superhuman or someting!! LOLS!!

I followed my DR.'s instructions to the T, 2 weeks liquids, 2 weeks pureed foods, and 2 weeks of soft or mushy foods. And then slowly added in new foods that I liked. I do mainly high Protein and low carbs all the way. I usually eat my Proteins first, then veggies and then fruit, after that I have no room for many carbs. Up until I reached my goal I exercised 3 times a week for 1 1/2 hours each time. But now I am just trying to maintain so I have decided to cut back to 30 minute workouts 3 times a week.

For me I have found that if I don't eat enough my body tends to hold onto the weight and my weightloss slows down. I usually have 1 Protein Drink per day mixed with crystal lite in the Water and a scoop of amplified wheybolic extreme 60 Protein powder purchased at GNC which adds 25 grams of protein. On the days I worked out for an 1 l/2 I sometimes would add a scoop of Protein Powder to some greek low fat yogurt with a little fruit mixed in such as crushed pineapple in its own juice, for a snack after supper to add more protein to my diet.

Oh and I ALWAYS make sure that I drink at the very minimum (4) 16.9 oz of Water mixed with some flavor packets each day. to keep me hydrated. And I make sure to take my Vitamins that were suggested by my Dr. daily also.

I hope this helps and I am sure I will see in your posts that you have reached goal soon. Have a good day!

HOLY MOLY, WOMAN!!!! Dang! I don't think I've seen that kind of weight loss so fast!! :cheer2: Good for you! You are amazing!! I would be happy to lose HALF of what you lost in 6 months, lol!!!

Thanks Soon2B!! But I guess in my excitement in losing 146 lbs. I didn't word myself correctly in my post. Sorry for any confusion, but I lost 72 lbs. pre-op with the Medifast food, and I lost 74 lbs. post-op in 6 months for a total loss of 146 lbs. I didn't want anyone to think I was superhuman or something !! LOLS. But I appreciate your well wishes. I know I will be seeing you at goal before long also. Thanks again!

WOW-- 6 months and 10 days and 143 pounds gone??? You are SUPER WOMAN!!! How fantastic--congratulations on achieving your goal so fast!!

Thanks for the pat on the back "Megin". But I must admit that in my excitement on losing a total of 146 lbs. I should've worded my post differently. I actually lost 72 lbs. pre-op with the Medifast food and I lost 74 lbs. post-op in 6 months with the sleeve for a total loss of 146 lbs. I don't want anyone to think I am superwoman or anything. LOLS!! Guess I was just so excited at being at goal I didn't word myself correctly. So sorry for the misinformation. I know that we will be seeing you at goal shortly too! Thanks again.

WOW!!! I'm speechless...

Thanks! tjharmon - I hope to see you at the "goal" line soon. Have a good day !!

Congratulations!!! I'm 52 & just starting my journey--got sleeved 8/15/11.....you give me great hope for success. Early on, did you measure all of your portions, or just eat small portions until you felt full?? I'm still on soft/pureed foods & am worried that i'm not having any issues. Thanks for any suggestions you have for a fellow senior sleever!

Well I just want to add that I lost 72 lbs. pre-op with the Medifast food program and I have lost 74 lbs. post-op with the sleeve for a total loss of 146 lbs. In my earlier post I don't know if I worded the post correctly in my excitement at reaching my goal.

I didn't measure my foods right from the get go - I used a small say 6 oz. bowl and filled it like 3/4's full with any liquid or pureed food I was going to eat and I just ate till I got that full feeling or if it didn't sit well I would feel a tightness in my throat and then I would stop eating. And since I started on soft food and then added in other foods I just take a small portion of the Protein and eat that, then I have some veggies, and possibly a few bits of fruit, and I usually don't have any room for breads or carbs. but once in a while I may have a bite or two of a bun if it looks appealing. I usually try to stay pretty low carb if I can. When I notice that FULL feeling I usually push the plate away and quit eating right away. I don't like to throw up and I haven't had any problem with that since the surgery. However one time I ate a little more than I should have and had such a tightness in my chest that I had to lay down for a bit till that feeling went away. I don't know for sure if I ate too much or ate to fast, so now I am more careful with portions and I try to remind myself to slow down and chew,chew,chew.

It has been my experience that if I don't get enough Protein in and am not eating enough calories that my weightloss slows down because I think my body thinks it;s starving and holds onto the weight. Once I upped my protein and calories and along with exercise the scales started to move in the right direction again.

I hope this informaton helps, any question feel free to ask!

I hope to see you at the "goal" line soon! Thanks and have a good day now!!

What an achievement! I hope to reach my goal of losing 125 lbs in one year, but if it happens way before that I'll take it! I was sleeved on August 16th and am down 12 lbs since surgery. In the 6 month scheme of things I am down 36 lbs. And, the scale is now stalled, but not going UP!!!! Stall away, but don't go up is my prayer. It is a dream come true so far. Am not hungry at all so far, and can't eat more than 1/4 cup without being stuffed! Starting Vitamins so portion size not critical. Filling in with Protein Shakes so it is all OK! I am lovin my sleeve so far, and hope it all continues!biggrin.gif